Keto Round 2

Options
Hi my name is Heaven, right now I am looking to start Keto again. I made it through about 2 weeks at one carb loaded meal an went down hill from there sadly. I am looking to start again an would love to have friends going low carb keto meals as well with me!

Replies

• clisette98
    clisette98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also did keto for 2 weeks last year but quit because I was in school and it was getting expensive, now I started again on Sunday 6/17/18 and I’m hoping to stick to it this time around , so far I’ve lost about 3lbs 🤗
  • DesireeSal
    DesireeSal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    should****
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Good for you and Welcome back :) I wish you great success!
  • Pegasus442018
    Pegasus442018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 would you tell someone who is trying to quit smoking, or drinking or doing drugs to stop trying
    to quit.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 would you tell someone who is trying to quit smoking, or drinking or doing drugs to stop trying
    to quit.

@Pegasus442018 We aren't talking about an addiction we are talking about someone struggling with one way of eating that is not the be all and end all of weight loss.

Keto is only useful if you can stick to it long term, there are plenty of other ways the OP can sustain a calorie deficit.

The question is legitimate if she is keen to only do keto what is she going to do differently?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    If you weren't able to stick to it the first time, what is different this time?

There's a saying...

3kq1ixv0reed.png

Would you give the same message to someone starting back calorie counting for the umpteenth time?

If they couldn't stick to it, didn't change anything and expected a different outcome, absolutely.

As I already said above it's a legitimate question - if you struggle to achieve a goal doing the same thing again and again, would you not consider a different strategy - there is not one size fits all solution for weight loss.

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    DesireeSal wrote: »
    I feel like sending that picture quote is a rude thing to do people have a hard time changing and no one on this app so be judging . lets be real no one perfect

Why is it rude? Some people have a hard time changing because they over-complicate the process.

For the record I have no issue with keto, but it's not the only way to lose weight, and if OP already struggled with it, why not consider another more sustainable method?
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I feel like sending that picture quote is a rude thing to do people have a hard time changing and no one on this app so be judging . lets be real no one perfect

Why is it rude? Some people have a hard time changing because they over-complicate the process.

For the record I have no issue with keto, but it's not the only way to lose weight, and if OP already struggled with it, why not consider another more sustainable method?

I think the issue is more with the complete lack of curiosity about circumstance. The obvious implication is that it's not going to work, no matter what, so why try?
  • Pegasus442018
    Pegasus442018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 for some it is an addiction like anything else, also she didn't say she did it again and again she tried it once for two weeks.
  • bailey2208
    bailey2208 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto since March 2017. Feel free to friend me or ask any questions.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    to quit.

No, but if the first method they used didn't work, why repeat the method. Try something else.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You'll find a lot of support and information in the Low Carber Daily and Keto MFP groups. Sadly, that is not often the case on the main forums. ;)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

You basically called a stranger insane....

And it wasn't really keto that failed her; it was the carb filled meal eaten when they deviated away from the low carb diet. I just don't see many posts about a low carb dieter that had a steak and salad meal which derailed their diet for weeks. ;)

I'm keto and have been in and out of ketosis many times over that last 3 years. The ups and downs of dieting are pretty normal. No one stays on plan 100% of the time. What's important, IMO, is continuing trying to find a way of eating that improves health and makes weight loss easier and sustainable for you. If it's keto - great. If it is something else - great.