Leto diet

I want to start a keto diet and keep the calories under 1200. Most posts, blogs etc have menus if 1600-2000 calories. Any recommendations? I’m excited to start but the planning is becoming almost overwhelming!

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    These two groups can help you get started.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

Going under 1200 kcal is usually not needed unless you are very petite and inactive. You can use MFP to figure out what your deficit should be or try a keto macro calculator.
    https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/
    https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
  • tomorrowperfume
    tomorrowperfume Posts: 67 Member
    paradise2 wrote: »
    I want to start a keto diet and keep the calories under 1200. Most posts, blogs etc have menus if 1600-2000 calories. Any recommendations? I’m excited to start but the planning is becoming almost overwhelming!

Go according to those menus and make about a quarter less food. BAM. 1200-1500 calories per day. Want less? Taking out a third of the food will put you at 1,000-1,300.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I saw this thread and thought Jared Leto came out with a diet. Disappointed.

I was thinking Duke Leto Atreides of Arrakis. :smile:

The Arrakeen diet would go light on water but would allow ample spice.

And you know where that water came from...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

I know it's spelled differently, but my mind went to Boz Scaggs.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »

Me too!
  • roxybeer
    roxybeer Posts: 28 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »

Me too!

Praise Boz, because that's what I heard first too.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    For the youngsters here. https://youtu.be/HQZBaJAngH8
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member

73532919.jpg
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    You’re not going to find a lot of meal plans for under 1200 calories because even 1200 isn’t enough for most adults. You can’t get adequate levels of micronutrients into fewer calories than that, and it doesn’t give your body enough energy to maintain its lean mass.

I’m losing just fine on around 1700/day, and I’m 37 and on the short side. What extreme diets offer in speed, they cost you in safety and sustainability. There’s a reason you’re not finding what you think you want.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member

And you know where that water came from...

Protect the integrity of your stillsuit!
    It's basically a micro-sandwich; a high-efficiency filter and heat-exchange system. The skin-contact layer is porous. Perspiration passes through it, having cooled the body. Motions of the body, especially breathing, and some osmotic action provide the pumping force. With a Fremen suit in good working order, you won't lose more than a thimbleful of moisture a day - even if you're caught in the Great Erg.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited June 2018
    Those Fremen have nothing on Bear Grylls. That man is hard core and doesn't need a stillsuit.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Why do you need to eat 1200 calories??? Are you short and sedentary??? How much do you weigh and how much weight do you need to lose? Any why did you chose keto??I just wanted to know if you chose that diet for the right reasons or if you chose it because it's the "cool" diet these days.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    I am somewhat puzzled when people say the planning is overwhelming when really it is not in my opinion. Or else everyone who states that prior to deciding on a calorie cut back, never planned days or a weeks worth of meals before. Yes it is different than going to store and throwing this and that in the cart. But overall it really is not that tough. Regardless of what plan someone follows, just calories, keto, atkins, or any other.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Lots of fish and chicken.