TEAM FLAB 2 FAB (CLOSED GROUP) ~ WEEK THREE

Options
If you need modifications, let me know...we can work something out, but quitting is NON NEGOTIABLE! LOL

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES! This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas. Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team! WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo ) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own butt this week!

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches for the week. So a team of 20 would need each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away! *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe. Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

Replies

• msmonique0919
    Options
    Thanks for all of the extra miles walked last week! This week, we will be crunching! So, we will split the crunches up evenly and you can do extra to cover the slack of those who may not get through them all. We have 18 members...so I'll round up and say let's shoot for 225 extra crunches for this week...not 225 per day, but for the week.
  • CarmenSox
    CarmenSox Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    All goals accomplised this week (week 2). I got 11 miles in.....9 miles walked/jogged and 2 mile bike ride

My current favorite recipe:
    GRILLED MARINATED TUNA STEAKS

4 tuna steaks

MARINADE:

3 tbsp. soy sauce
    Juice of 1/2 lime
    1 tbsp. rice vinegar
    1 tbsp. sesame oil
    Pinch dried red pepper flakes
    6 thin slices peeled fresh ginger
    2 garlic cloves, crushed

Combine marinade ingredients in non-aluminum baking dish and add tuna steaks. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, but not more than 6 hours. Turn once or twice. Bring fish to room temperature. Grill on preheated grill or broil in preheated broiler 4" from heat. Baste while cooking and turn once. Cook about 5 minutes each side. Do not over cook. (I eat mine rare/medium)

Todays Weight: 214.8 .....down 6.2 since Last Sunday!!!
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    will definiately fit the crunches since i typical do 200 crunches a day....everyone did awesome last week lets keep it up this week!!!

tomorrow my lil one starts school...1st grade she is so excited to go back....

the mini challenge is you are up for it is 50 wide leg squats
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Woot, bring it on !!!
  • IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good Morning my wonderful F2F team! Its Week 3 day 1 and all I can say is we got this. There is nothing we cant do. We have all done a fantastic job so far and we will finish strong. Have a great day everyone!!!!
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    Ready for Week 3 !! Let's go Team Flab 2 Fab !!!!
  • ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    bump - nothing to report for week three yet
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Would this team be up for continuing the challenge in SEPTEMBER?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/317595-september-tribal-challenge-1000-people-5000-pounds
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Possibly...why? LOL just kidding...
  • ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm in! The only problem I forsee is that we are going camping on Labor Day weekend, but I will have phone and will be able to complete challeges and I will be doing plenty of walking.

Update for today - Got my workout in and 100 crunches, water done as well. Doing the squat kicks and wood chops after Back to School night with daughter.
  • vemaddox
    Options
    yes i would totally love to be in the same group!
  • cindy0716
    Options
    I would like to do the September challenge, but we're going to be traveling via motorcycle for about 8 days in the middle of the month and I won't be able to keep up with the challenge. But I'll be ready for another come October !!!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    8/15/11

Water = 90 oz
    Daily challenge = 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops DONE (those wood chops suck)
    Under calorie = yes
    Logged food = yes about to!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Mission Accomplished...

Had to modify though...cannot do woodchops due to my back...so i did 12 sets of 21's...
    water-done
    food logged-done
    under calories-done

Bring on the next challenge
  • cindy0716
    Options
    Week 3 - Day 1 - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
    50 squat kicks, 50 wide squats, 3 sets of woodchoppers, and 50 crunches towards our teams challenge - in addition to my usual walking 2.5 miles and did strength training - triceps and biceps today.
    Drank water, logged food, and stayed under calories.
    And I FEEL GOOD !!!!!
  • vemaddox
    Options
    Misson complete
  • vemaddox
    Options
    tomorrows mini challenge are 50 lateral raises....

remember with the crunchs u dont just have to do normal crunchs.....there are all sorts out there...change it up
  • IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1
    Mission Accomplished!!! :glasses:
  • vemaddox
    Options
    todays mini challenge are 50 lateral raises

i hope everyone is getting in their water and pushing a lil