Co-worker “detoxing”

Options

Replies

• kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    She sounds like a person that needs to be educated on proper nutritional needs.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    ew what is this talk of brownie with nuts. ick

cream cheese and caramel though :smile:

Caramel, cream cheese, and brownies?

Calls for brownie cheesecake. I'm going to a graduation tomorrow. Time to steer the after party to a bakery. :)
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Love this thread...I think I'll test how that gateau marcel I put in the freezer a while ago tastes after being frozen...
    (almost fudge brownie with chocolate mousse on top)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Bring in a doughnut tomorrow eat it and then act out a death scene.

Or just take in cake for your office

Or bring in something really delicious like pie which is almost as good ascake. But don't skip acting out the death scene...

FIFY
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Can't I have both? B)
  • janeo150
    janeo150 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's her life and she's an adult. Let her take care of herself.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If sugar were oh so toxic, I'm sure we'd all be very ill in some form or other.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Not if it has peanut butter swirled through it

I assume you mean crunchy since smooth would be the same texture.

Pies can be savory or sweet. They can also be FRIED. They are more versatile as-is.

Not in the ones I make, peanut butter isn't the same consistency as brownie batter

Texture is like a crunch element against something soft. Smooth peanut butter and the finished brownie are both soft.
    Walnut brownies are my favorite. I like to make my own and undercook them so they're very gooey.

Pies can be gooey without being under-cooked.

I do enjoy a good pecan pie but the sweetness usually overshadows the crust. I don't really care for pie crust nor do I like the fruit fillings. My husband would agree with you though and have pie any day. But then, he doesn't like peanut butter so his food choices are dubious. :)

ETA: I am more than happy to make other folks pie and a little (or not) brownie for myself.

Derby pie: pecan pie with bourbon to cut the sweetness

+1 for this. With vanilla ice cream to further cut the sweetness. And coffee.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    dodgowan wrote: »
    Why has no one mentioned crumble? Rhubarb and ginger crumble with a little bit of cream <3

@dodgowan please recipe me!

My mom has tons of rhubarb that needs to be turned into food.

(And I am NOT attempting pie crusts until peach season.)
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I spent this week working my way through a whole Marie Callendar Razzleberry Pie (frozen, I know, but tasty and easy to log) with ice cream. The only thing toxic around here is my anger that it's gone.
    Today one of my coworkers was telling other coworkers how she "balloons up" if she eats more than 6 almonds. I've decided not to comment on diet any more at work. They know I lost a bunch of weight at my previous job and how, so if they're ready to get serious and want real advice, they know where to find me. :)

I'm generally "Team Cookie," but I don't discriminate against pie, cake, or brownies as long as they're well executed for their genre.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I can walk past pie,brownies but cake does me in so I'm team cake! >:)
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »

Or bring in something really delicious like pie which is far superior to cake. But don't skip acting out the death scene...

Brownie trumps all these things....

I had to click "Inspiring" for this because now I really want a brownie...TEAM BROWNIE all the way!!!!!

Sorry, I have to go with Cake, I keep trying to get my team at work to do a Cake Pot Luck, think about it!! You could have cheesecake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, carrot cake, red velvet, All the Cakes!!!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »

Or bring in something really delicious like pie which is far superior to cake. But don't skip acting out the death scene...

I had to click "Inspiring" for this because now I really want a brownie...TEAM BROWNIE all the way!!!!!

Sorry, I have to go with Cake, I keep trying to get my team at work to do a Cake Pot Luck, think about it!! You could have cheesecake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, carrot cake, red velvet, All the Cakes!!!

I think of brownies as a subset of cake. Especially when I put icing on them.

I say desserts for everyone. Where's the dessert cart?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    app_119 wrote: »
    I have a co-worker who went home early yesterday because she said she was sick from detoxing from sugar. She is telling everyone today that she still feels sick from her detox. I asked her why she thought she needed to “detox”. After telling me that “ people” have told her sugar is very toxic, she also told me she didn’t eat yesterday until after she went home; then she felt better. I tried to point out that she probably just needed to eat, and that was why she didn’t feel well. I know I should just keep my mouth shut and stay out of it. You can’t really get through, can you?

The second to last sentence about keeping out of it is the correct action.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

Icing... on Brownies? What heresy is this?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Icing... on Brownies? What heresy is this?

Chocolate buttercream or gtfo. :)