nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    panda4153 wrote: »
    COGypsy wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Bring in a doughnut tomorrow eat it and then act out a death scene.

Or just take in cake for your office

Or bring in something really delicious like pie which is far superior to cake. But don't skip acting out the death scene...

Brownie trumps all these things....

I had to click "Inspiring" for this because now I really want a brownie...TEAM BROWNIE all the way!!!!!

Sorry, I have to go with Cake, I keep trying to get my team at work to do a Cake Pot Luck, think about it!! You could have cheesecake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, carrot cake, red velvet, All the Cakes!!!

I think of brownies as a subset of cake. Especially when I put icing on them.

I say desserts for everyone. Where's the dessert cart?

Heresy for sure! Brownies are a subset of COOKIES. Specifically, they are the princes of the cookie kingdom.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Or bring in something really delicious like pie which is far superior to cake. But don't skip acting out the death scene...

I had to click "Inspiring" for this because now I really want a brownie...TEAM BROWNIE all the way!!!!!

Sorry, I have to go with Cake, I keep trying to get my team at work to do a Cake Pot Luck, think about it!! You could have cheesecake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, carrot cake, red velvet, All the Cakes!!!

Group where I work has decided it's time to bring in treats a couple times a week. Unfortunately about 3/4 of them are obese. Probably the best frequency.

I pass on the events since they don't work with my nutrition goals.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Detox and clean eating are words that I hate hearing.
  • Themajez
    Themajez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »

For me it is "it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change".
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

How about the words brownie, pie, and cake? ;)
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

How about the words brownie, pie, and cake? ;)

Guessing that if the words brownies, pie and cake didn't come up so often neither would the perceived need for detox..
  • app_119
    app_119 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    mine are all doing the "military diet" I am way past having opinions on co-workers nutritional choices lol I just keep my head down LOL Not worth saying anything tbh. You have to work with them for years and this detox will last a week. Pick your battles.

• app_119
    Options
    Oops, hit “ post reply” too soon!

This has been fun reading all of the baked goods talk! I want brownies and cookies.

Yes, best to stay quiet. I think it is mostly just hard to listen to such foolishness. But of course it won’t last. She will move on to another idea she reads on the internet. ( It’s my husbands birthday today. We are going to have peanut butter and chocolate silk pie 😁)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    app_119 wrote: »
    Oops, hit “ post reply” too soon!

This has been fun reading all of the baked goods talk! I want brownies and cookies.

Yes, best to stay quiet. I think it is mostly just hard to listen to such foolishness. But of course it won’t last. She will move on to another idea she reads on the internet. ( It’s my husbands birthday today. We are going to have peanut butter and chocolate silk pie 😁)
    Homemade? Yummy
  • app_119
    Options
    No, not homemade. I don’t cook or bake if I can help it. :D
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My next door neighbour bakes custom cakes to order. And cupcakes, and cookies and...

She gets my family to test taste her new recipes. Last weekend it was champagne cupcakes with lemon buttercream icing.

It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta take one (or three) for the team! o:)

I would never move away if I had that kind of perk
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    We've been here 15 years so far...
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    mine are all doing the "military diet" I am way past having opinions on co-workers nutritional choices lol I just keep my head down LOL Not worth saying anything tbh. You have to work with them for years and this detox will last a week. Pick your battles.

Oh my god, I can't imagine working with multiple people all on the military diet. Someone I know did that one and it made her really hangry. It really seems designed to make you as miserable as possible.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    My next door neighbour bakes custom cakes to order. And cupcakes, and cookies and...

She gets my family to test taste her new recipes. Last weekend it was champagne cupcakes with lemon buttercream icing.

It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta take one (or three) for the team! o:)

I was that neighbor last winter, until I learned my city does not allow residential commercial kitchens. In addition to my neighbors, the mailman got baked goods, as did the city DPW workers, and the FedEx drivers...
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I made a Bailey's Irish Cream cheesecake with an Amaretto crust ...
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    I made a Bailey's Irish Cream cheesecake with an Amaretto crust ...

Please can I have the recipe/process for this? :) Sounds amazing, plus it is my gf's 2 fave flavours ever - and it's her bday next week! B)
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    app_119 wrote: »
    I have a co-worker who went home early yesterday because she said she was sick from detoxing from sugar. She is telling everyone today that she still feels sick from her detox. I asked her why she thought she needed to “detox”. After telling me that “ people” have told her sugar is very toxic, she also told me she didn’t eat yesterday until after she went home; then she felt better. I tried to point out that she probably just needed to eat, and that was why she didn’t feel well. I know I should just keep my mouth shut and stay out of it. You can’t really get through, can you?

My only question is: "Are you in an environment where she got PTO for going home or did this cost her money?"