Week-long binge

Have been successfully logging food, exercising more and losing weight since the start of the year (was 157, reached goal weight of around 133). Over the last week the wheels of the self-control wagon have well and truly fallen off and every day has turned into a huge binge.

So... new week, new chance to get back on track. I can't change what I've eaten, but I can try to make better choices this week (and in future).

There's not really much point to this post..... just thought if I wrote it down it might give me a bit of accountability :smiley:

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    As well as making better choices, it can be really helpful to try and understand why you were bingeing for that week to help prevent it happening again by coming up with a plan to tackle a similar situation.
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Thanks - really good point. I can definitely pinpoint what happened on Saturday (I was tired, I'd been in an annoying meeting and I was frustrated at my partner - perfect storm!) but the rest of the week is less clear. Now I'm feeling more rational about things will try and work out what happened and what I can do differently next time.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    That's completely the right attitude to have. Expect an increase on the scales, and give yourself 2 weeks to get back to where you were and you'll be fine.

Binges happen, just don't let them become habits :heart:
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Maybe you lost too fast *for you.* 1 lb/week for a small weight loss is pretty aggressive in some ways. I'm not criticizing--just making an observation.

I find I'm really irritated when I "waste" overeating. If I'm going to overeat, I want it to be good food and a good reason--celebrating, for example. You seem to have a very good attitude about it. I expect you will see yourself back at goal soon.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    I'm just coming off the same; a whole week of compulsive over-eating and ignoring logging after almost three yearswith no real significant bumps. I wish I could have as positive an attitude about it as you!

Getting caught in a binge-restrict cycle is so hard to break out of
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    mkculs wrote: »
    Maybe you lost too fast *for you.* 1 lb/week for a small weight loss is pretty aggressive in some ways. I'm not criticizing--just making an observation.

It's a good point, thanks. I've always had my settings at 0.5lb a week and only really noticed recently that I was averaging out at more like 1lb a week. I was set at sedentary so have changed to lightly active - probably more realistic now.