Fitbit sync issues?

1246

Replies

  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    I can't seem to add exercise manually this afternoon. Keep coming up with error.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,702 Member
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    I can't seem to add exercise manually this afternoon. Keep coming up with error.

    I just added exercise manually about 15 min ago and had no issue. but I used my laptop and not the MFP app
  • tenchbunch1
    tenchbunch1 Posts: 6 Member
    that problem is driving me crazy!!!!!! I wish I knew which app was causing the problem!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    I can't seem to add exercise manually this afternoon. Keep coming up with error.

    I just added exercise manually about 15 min ago and had no issue. but I used my laptop and not the MFP app

    I am using a laptop also. I have tried several times.
  • alysonbrown13
    alysonbrown13 Posts: 17 Member
    that problem is driving me crazy!!!!!! I wish I knew which app was causing the problem!

    It’s MFP. Not Fitbit. In their Tech “updates” (if you want to call them that, they’ve clarified it’s their bug and their delay... per usual just like every week 🙄🙄🙄 getting SO OLD.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,702 Member
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    I can't seem to add exercise manually this afternoon. Keep coming up with error.

    I just added exercise manually about 15 min ago and had no issue. but I used my laptop and not the MFP app

    I am using a laptop also. I have tried several times.

    I just manually added again 5 min ago after my walk and had no issues,do you still have your fitbit synced? if so that may be the issue
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 608 Member
    Mine is not working. Tried everything. Soooo frustrating!
  • alysonbrown13
    alysonbrown13 Posts: 17 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth it to quit using MFP jus B)B) t because fitbit won't sync here and there,honestly its not that BIG of a deal,you know what your activity is,you know what you ate that day B)

    It is a big deal to those of us that rely on our activity syncing up to determine our calories for the day. I use this information to determine my daily/weekly goals and to monitor my monthly stats.

    you could always take the data and log it manually. thats what Im doing until is fixed. I just unsynced my fitbit for now

    It’s weird, I downloaded Pacer as a workaround while this is going on and disconnected Fitbit. I don’t just rely on the two apps on MFP getting my steps/activity from Fitbit but also Fitbit getting my calories/water etc from MFP. I figured disconnecting would take that all away, but surprisingly it hasn’t. So I’m getting my steps synced to MFP through Pacer and somehow my calories/water are still syncing from MFP to Fitbit too. This would be a dream scenario to keep if Pacer didn’t require me to keep my phone in my hand at all times when I’m active.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,702 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth it to quit using MFP jus B)B) t because fitbit won't sync here and there,honestly its not that BIG of a deal,you know what your activity is,you know what you ate that day B)

    It is a big deal to those of us that rely on our activity syncing up to determine our calories for the day. I use this information to determine my daily/weekly goals and to monitor my monthly stats.

    you could always take the data and log it manually. thats what Im doing until is fixed. I just unsynced my fitbit for now

    It’s weird, I downloaded Pacer as a workaround while this is going on and disconnected Fitbit. I don’t just rely on the two apps on MFP getting my steps/activity from Fitbit but also Fitbit getting my calories/water etc from MFP. I figured disconnecting would take that all away, but surprisingly it hasn’t. So I’m getting my steps synced to MFP through Pacer and somehow my calories/water are still syncing from MFP to Fitbit too. This would be a dream scenario to keep if Pacer didn’t require me to keep my phone in my hand at all times when I’m active.

    here are some links and maybe they will help and you wont have to keep your phone in your hand all the time https://pacerhealth.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003372332-How-do-I-sync-my-Fitbit-with-Pacer-
    https://pacerhealth.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/217801138-How-do-I-sync-my-data-with-MyFitnessPal-
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 491 Member
    I tried Pacer but couldn't figure out how to use it with an iPhone (is it Android only with the sync??)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,702 Member
    karahm78 wrote: »
    I tried Pacer but couldn't figure out how to use it with an iPhone (is it Android only with the sync??)

    it says its for iOS -https://pacerhealth.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/217441418-My-iPhone-is-not-counting-steps-What-should-I-do-

    go there and maybe there will be other help on how to set it up/use it
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,702 Member
    kjflaherty wrote: »
    😡this is really making me angry. I paid for a whole year of premium. This is the one feature I NEED to work for me.

    syncing also works(when it does) in the free version too.
  • alysonbrown13
    alysonbrown13 Posts: 17 Member
    kjflaherty wrote: »
    😡this is really making me angry. I paid for a whole year of premium. This is the one feature I NEED to work for me.

    SAME, GIRL... SAME!! I’m mad!! Lol
  • alysonbrown13
    alysonbrown13 Posts: 17 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth it to quit using MFP jus B)B) t because fitbit won't sync here and there,honestly its not that BIG of a deal,you know what your activity is,you know what you ate that day B)

    It is a big deal to those of us that rely on our activity syncing up to determine our calories for the day. I use this information to determine my daily/weekly goals and to monitor my monthly stats.

    you could always take the data and log it manually. thats what Im doing until is fixed. I just unsynced my fitbit for now

    It’s weird, I downloaded Pacer as a workaround while this is going on and disconnected Fitbit. I don’t just rely on the two apps on MFP getting my steps/activity from Fitbit but also Fitbit getting my calories/water etc from MFP. I figured disconnecting would take that all away, but surprisingly it hasn’t. So I’m getting my steps synced to MFP through Pacer and somehow my calories/water are still syncing from MFP to Fitbit too. This would be a dream scenario to keep if Pacer didn’t require me to keep my phone in my hand at all times when I’m active.

    here are some links and maybe they will help and you wont have to keep your phone in your hand all the time https://pacerhealth.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003372332-How-do-I-sync-my-Fitbit-with-Pacer-
    https://pacerhealth.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/217801138-How-do-I-sync-my-data-with-MyFitnessPal-

    Thanks for the link : )

    Unfortunately it just tells you what to do if you have problems syncing, like what’s happening with Fitbit and MFP. You have to have your phone in your hand bc there’s no other way to track your steps since there’s no watch or gadget of any kind that goes with it. Oh well... I’ll take what I can get at this point lol 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣
  • LordFezziwig
    LordFezziwig Posts: 3 Member
    kjflaherty wrote: »
    😡this is really making me angry. I paid for a whole year of premium. This is the one feature I NEED to work for me.

    I also agree.

    $90+ dollars a year and suddenly it craps more than when I was on the free version!
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 164 Member
    Update 6/25... mine started syncing this morning and then stopped and has not corrected itself. This is the longest ongoing issue I've had :-/ I'm also a "data junkie" when it comes to all my stats and reviewing this along with my charts. So for those of you that rely on this info too, I feel you. :-(
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    Same with mine it has synced for over the weekend but it has stopped again today. This is doing my head in as I like to keep myself accountable and I am much more likely to overeat if it doesn't sync. What you going to do about it MFP its a bloody joke?
  • soobiakazmi2018
    soobiakazmi2018 Posts: 1 Member
    I read the message from MFP team that they have fixed the issue but still working on delay in data sync, I dont think so, mine is still not syncing at all. Every time I have to go on the desktop, disconnect both apps and then reconnect again! very frustrating especially if one has paid for premium