PB2?!

2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    I use it to add peanut butter*ish* flavor to things (Greek yogurt, protein shakes, oatmeal, Thai peanut sauce, etc.), but I find it a poor substitute for actual peanut butter in a sandwich, or to dip celery in or whatever.
  • dmz1983
    dmz1983 Posts: 32 Member
    I don't think of PB2 as a protein source usually but I use it anytime I want to the peanut butter flavor w.o the fat source. I love throwing it in Greek yogurt and then using nuts as my fat source instead of nut butter. I also use it in some baking to add the PB flavor w/o added fat and calories (not that I think fat is bad-just that if I want it from another source this is great!) I've used it for years and love it.
  • dmz1983
    dmz1983 Posts: 32 Member
    @ AnvilHead - I guess you already summed it up lol. I was also going to say that it's not great on bread as a nut butter replacement! Great for dip for fruit. Sometimes I'll add it to some cereal too that is plain-then with the milk you're getting a good source of protein if thats something you're wanting to up.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    I add it to my oatmeal and Greek yogurt. Nom.
  • sharke087
    sharke087 Posts: 30 Member
    I just got some and mixed it with some Greek yogurt, it was good albeit a bit chalky tasting. I will try it with my oatmeal in the morning!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    sharke087 wrote: »
    I just got some and mixed it with some Greek yogurt, it was good albeit a bit chalky tasting. I will try it with my oatmeal in the morning!

With Greek yogurt I sometimes add a little almond milk (or regular milk or water) to help it get dissolved better. Even some brands of regular yogurt need more liquid to mix well.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,031 Member
    I'm with the crowd that likes it in yogurt or a peanut sauce* for veggies and such, but considers it no suitable substitute for actual peanut butter. It's more a peanut-flavored additive/supplement. Besides, actual natural peanut butter has some good healthy fats, so is worth eating for that as well as the yumminess and a bit of protein. I've eating peanut butter nearly every day, in measured portions, all through weight loss and maintenance.

Peanut sauce*: I just mix peanut butter powder, soy sauce or fermented chili sauce, and rice vinegar to a reasonable consistency, then add further seasonings as desired, such as chopped garlic, chopped onions, Szechuan pepper, minced fresh ginger, scallions, sesame seeds, or whatever. Good on Asian-style noodles, veggies, some salads, etc.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    I love PB2, I also like Better N' Peanut Butter and I enjoy real peanut butter when it fits into my macro's for the day :smile: I use PB2 to mix into my scrambled egg whites & raw oats in the morning, yum!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I use one of the brands of peanut powder in my breakfast 5 days each week. One meal is a smoothie, and the peanut powder adds protein and is barely noticeable. The other is a yogurt bowl. I add both peanut powder and 100% unsweetened cocoa to make it taste like a Reese's.

I also use plain old peanut butter in some snacks.