Tips to not gain fat after surgery?

Options
2»

Replies

• clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Also up your Amino acids collagen. Bone broths with at least 8 gram protein to 1 cup there are powder ones that you can add to anything. Coffee, soup, shakes ect. The more collagen the faster the body heals after surgery. Good luck.
  • go52182
    go52182 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    clsumrall1 wrote: »
    Also up your Amino acids collagen. Bone broths with at least 8 gram protein to 1 cup there are powder ones that you can add to anything. Coffee, soup, shakes ect. The more collagen the faster the body heals after surgery. Good luck.

Heyyyy that definitely sounds right! I've seen those at the stores. I always assumed they tasted like beef bullion or something brothy like that :D If you're able to add it to anything it must not have a bad flavor. Thanks for the tip!
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My advice would to not rush back into training. I’ve had two operations to remove splintered fragments of disk. I am convinced the 2nd injury was caused by the physio I did after the 1st operation. My surgeon obviously felt the same, without admitting it, as he was quite insistent that I didn’t do anything other than gentle walking for 12 weeks, 2nd time around.

Food-wise, I had no special instructions. The above advice seems logical, but for me, my weight was the last thing on my mind.