I don’t know if I can do this whole weight loss

Options
I’m slowly losing commitment, I have two choices 1) put the hard work in & believe it’s going to pay off 2) just give up pretty much. Any encouragement will help. It’s taking longer than expected!

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Keeping the weight off is the hardest for me in the journey

This guy had similar struggles, and a lot of people helped him out. Maybe reading through some of his past threads will help you out.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10602129/obstacles
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Keeping the weight off is the hardest for me in the journey

This guy had similar struggles, and a lot of people helped him out. Maybe reading through some of his past threads will help you out.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10602129/obstacles

Great find. That should be a huge help to OP, as the situations sound very similar. Very, very similar indeed.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    Guess what? If you want to lose weight, you can! Woo hoo! The best news ever. I lost over 70# and have kept it off for over 3 years. Why? Because I hated being fat!!! Eat lots of veggies instead of crap. Sweet tooth? Bromabakery.com has a fabulous recipe for 37 calorie brownies! Yes! You do not have to give up flavor to lose weight. skinnytaste.com has lots of recipes that will satisfy you without breaking the calorie bank. If you know how to cook, you can learn to skinnify any recipe.

It is NOT hard! You can do this! Just set your mind to it. MFP has a great recipe blog. You don't need to eat chicken breasts and broccoli for the rest of your life.

Oh, and the time is going to pass whether you work at losing weight or not. Why not give it a shot? I am willing to help if you want. I do not log any more, but am here if you need an honest friend with no bs.

P.S. I am a 59 year old female. I love running, but will do any kind of exercise.

Thanks for the tip about Bromabakery! I'm checking that out right now!
  • BUMPSTEAD
    BUMPSTEAD Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Consistency is the key. Just keep moving and eating at a deficit. And live, laugh and walk. Take a friend, or mans best friend if you have one or your favorite playlist. I prefer to walk alone I take the time to encourage myself. Don't give up, keep pushing your not alone, we all doing the same thing the struggle is definitely real, but real worth it.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I think one of the ways many of us, me me, in the past do our selves in. Is we set a totally unrealistic goal of we will lose X amount of weight by X date. And then when we do not, or do but cannot keep it off. We throw our hands up and say. Not worth it, and give up. I know I have done that many a time in the past. But this time, I said nope, you are not going to go down that road. I will remind myself I did not just wake up one day, this incredibly obese it took lots of time. So the effort to get where I intend to go, well it is going to take time, being patient with myself. Realizing if I skip a few days of exercise, well just get back to it.

If you give up, you will be farther away than you are today, and really you do not want that. So remember take it as each day. Try not to look at a million days lost, or a million days to go. Just as each day, what you will do that day, measure, weigh, prepare, eat, and move around lots. You can do this!