Plateaus

Options
I have lost 30 lbs of my 60 lb goal on the Keto diet - but the last 4 wks no matter what I do I’m not losing - I found this website and decided to try something different to get my body to lose again ....... I have been counting calories and following the diet to a T but still not losing - I am hoping the suggestions here will jumpstart my loss - it is completely opposite of the Keto - any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated !!!!!!

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    How long have you been logging your calories on MFP?
  • creedonamber
    creedonamber Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started mfp today - I have been tracking my own calories for months
  • emmamcgarity
    Options
    What has been your calorie target and is it different than what MFP suggested for your current stats? How have you been tracking your calorie intake? How long since you lost weight?
  • creedonamber
    Options
    Since I started this diet on February 1 I write down what I eat every day how many carbs how much protein how much fat and how many calories, I was losing weight steadily almost 1 1/2 to 2 pounds per week about four weeks ago I got stuck after 30 pounds so I redid my macros on the keto diet and reduced my calorie intake and I finally lost two more pounds so I felt like I was on the right track again and now two weeks later I haven’t lost anything .......... so I’m getting frustrated and I don’t want to give up because I’m determined to reach my goal but I just don’t even know where to turn at this point or what to do differently calorie intake on this website tells me I should be eating about 1200 and I have been on a 1300 cal diet for the last two weeks after I recalculated my macros - what’s different about the diet they’re suggesting for me on this website is there are a lot more carbs less protein and less fat than on the keto. Honestly at this point I don’t care what I eat as long as I lose weight !!!!!!!
    Do you have any suggestions? Or can you tell me a little bit about what you’ve been doing? Is it anything at all similar to what I am experiencing?
  • emmamcgarity
    Options
    IMO, what you eat should be a matter of personal preference. Don't worry as much about the macros as much as you concern yourself with accurately measuring your calorie intake. 1200 is on the low side (I am 1200 for an older, short, sedentary woman).

2 weeks without losing weight is not unusual really. Our bodies have all sorts of weird fluctuations due to water retention, etc. So, don't stress too much about that. Especially if you recently started exercising. Exercise can cause a few fluctuations due to water weight, but exercise is good. And the water retention will balance out in a few days.

Since you are starting fresh, is there anything about keto you didn't like or found difficult to stick to? There are several on MFP that do keto but also track calories on MFP. But if you are looking to mix things up a bit, it might be worth your time to consider if there are any foods you haven't been eating on keto that you really enjoy.

• emmamcgarity
    Options
    I forgot to add that my diary is public. You can view it any time to see what I eat.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    mcraw75 wrote: »
    tvnz1ryhbdr8.jpg
  • creedonamber
    Options
    I actually love the keto diet everything I’m eating is stuff that I really like so I am not having a problem there, The thing is is that I was the same weight for two weeks re-did the macros, lost weight and then the next two weeks I was not losing again !!!
    According to this website I should be eating 1200 - I have a sedentary job and I can stand up while I work and do some steps the only exercise I’m really getting is riding my bicycle about a mile a day. And I’ve been doing that pretty steadily - i’m going to chalk it up to water retention !!! For now !! Lol - since you mentioned that it does make sense and see what happens in the next two weeks !!! I am definitely not giving up I have come too far at this point to surrender I absolutely want to reach my goal
  • creedonamber
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to chat !!!
  • creedonamber
    Options
    So weird that my picture came out sideways on a side thought LOL when I did the download it was correct !!!
  • emmamcgarity
    Options
    Since I am normally sedentary at a desk job, I track my intentional exercise. I do find that I need some of those extra calories when I am hungrier due to the extra activity. I personally have more of a flexible diet approach. I find that I enjoy some of the recipes for low carb diets and incorporate them into my diet. But, I also like fruit and other sweet things and include them in my diet. If keto is working well for you, then stick with the macros that already enjoy. I really enjoy that MFP has a lot of the nutritional info and find it very helpful.