Any other ENDOMORPHS out there?

Options

Replies

• mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hey, OP, I just wanted to say that I think it is great you are looking for ways to get where you want to be and willing to entertain new ideas. Best of luck.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nettiklive wrote: »
    Lots of people will say that's not a thing, however I do think there's something to body types. From experience and people I know, there are those with builds that are more bulky and curvy/ wide, and have an easier time gaining both fat and muscle; and others who are either very small-framed and petite or 'long and lean', with narrow waists, hips etc, who seem to not gain weight easily and also have trouble putting on muscle. Asian people are one example - the Asian women I've known are able to eat very large amounts of food while remaining extremely slim, while Asian guys who are trying to build muscle have a much harder time doing so than their, say African American counterparts. Of course there are many exceptions, lifestyle does play a role, and most people are some mix of the body types, but they do exist. I mean, someone like Beyonce or Serena Williams, for instance, will likely never ever look like, say, Jessica Alba or Maria Sharapova, in spite of all these women being in close to optimal shape and having very closely monitored and professionally designed fitness and nutrition programmes

Believing it doesn't make it true. Genetics plays a large roll in people's shape, I would expect bone structure to be a significant factor, as well as health considerations.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    Two professional athletes in the same sport, why do they look SO dramatically different? I doubt that Williams purposefully attempts to bulk up in order to look like she does

if6nfu4cg3at.png

This is actually quite offensive. Mixing race into a conversation about somatotypes is missing the entire point. You seem to be confusing genetics with woo. If you'd like to make some point about somatotypes for arguments sake, surely you can do it without comparing African American women to Caucasian women.

Yuuuuuup. I cringed so hard when I read that, especially since they picked extreme examples. There are slim and muscular women of all races and ethnicities. That's not even considering people of mixed backgrounds. My mom is White and my dad is Latino and Asian. According to that poster I probably should be able to eat copious amounts of food and not get fat while simultaneously getting ripped or being thick but being long and lean. Okay.

It is cringeworthy. Hugs
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Two professional athletes in the same sport, why do they look SO dramatically different? I doubt that Williams purposefully attempts to bulk up in order to look like she does

if6nfu4cg3at.png

This is actually quite offensive. Mixing race into a conversation about somatotypes is missing the entire point. You seem to be confusing genetics with woo. If you'd like to make some point about somatotypes for arguments sake, surely you can do it without comparing African American women to Caucasian women.

Yuuuuuup. I cringed so hard when I read that, especially since they picked extreme examples. There are slim and muscular women of all races and ethnicities. That's not even considering people of mixed backgrounds. My mom is White and my dad is Latino and Asian. According to that poster I probably should be able to eat copious amounts of food and not get fat while simultaneously getting ripped or being thick but being long and lean. Okay.

Agreed.
    Race doesn't need to come into the conversation about somatotypes.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I'm an equalitymorph and know that stereotypes do nothing to fix things and that bringing them up only makes one seem ignorant and oblivious to the world around them.

+1!