Any other ENDOMORPHS out there?

Options
Recently, I've been learning a lot about somatotypes and I discovered that I'm an endomorph. This has been a game changer for me. Now I understand why my metabolism is slower and why it'll take A LOT more effort for me to look ripped. I've also learned that a high fat/protein-low carb lifestyle is best for me.

Has anyone else come terms with their "curvy" proportions?

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Recently, I've been learning a lot about somatotypes and I discovered that I'm an endomorph. This has been a game changer for me. Now I understand why my metabolism is slower and why it'll take A LOT more effort for me to look ripped. I've also learned that a high fat/protein-low carb lifestyle is best for me.

it can take years of training to look ripped. you dont get that way overnight and you dont get that way in a few months,If somatypes where a thing then I would fall in between all 3 categories.I have characteristics of all those types. but since they have nothing to do with anything other than personality then I dont even worry about it. looking ripped is also about diet as well. its going to depend on your goals on if you want to gain weight,lose weight or maintain. Im curvy I have a big butt,hips and thighs and a smaller waist. I know that even with lifting heavy and changing how my body looks I still will be curvy,I cant change that.is there anything you are trying to accomplish besides being ripped? are you wanting to gain muscle or lose fat? what are your goals?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,443 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Somatotypes are complete nonsense and even the far fetched intent behind their creation was nothing to do with metabolism or diet.

You aren't a separate species you are just a human.

yep I agree .this the study was done on body types and what types of personality each body type had,somewhere down the line some idiot thought hey I will use this to tell people it has to do with weight gain,loss,building muscle,etc. probably was used so they could sell a product or idea. so OP somatypes have nothing to do with anything that has to do with fitness,weight loss/gain or building muscle.

If I remember it had links to Nazi ideology and was just as a justification for ethnic clensing. So stay away from that. Don't even touch it with a long stick.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    Somatotypes are complete nonsense and even the far fetched intent behind their creation was nothing to do with metabolism or diet.

You aren't a separate species you are just a human.

yep I agree .this the study was done on body types and what types of personality each body type had,somewhere down the line some idiot thought hey I will use this to tell people it has to do with weight gain,loss,building muscle,etc. probably was used so they could sell a product or idea. so OP somatypes have nothing to do with anything that has to do with fitness,weight loss/gain or building muscle.

If I remember it had links to Nazi ideology and was just as a justification for ethnic clensing. So stay away from that. Don't even touch it with a long stick.

yeah not wanting to get into those kinds of debates thats for sure lol. but what I read had nothing to do with that bit but hey anything is possible.
  • yirara
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Well then. Apparently I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for the feedback guys.

The good news is: You can get ripped (if that's what you want).

The bad news: It will be really, really a lot of work, and take a long time. Like it does for any/every woman.

Curvy is a good thing. Me, I'm built like a 14-year-old boy: Wide shoulders, no hips, no booty. That's a good thing, too (but not a somatotype). ;)

Best wishes!

I would not even fit into somatypes :D
    I have tiny wrists, wide shoulders, tend to have a 2-4-pack without doing anything for it, but also have a very wide pelvis bone, a very curvy/well padded bum and legs. <shrugs>
  • yirara
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Well then. Apparently I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for the feedback guys.

The bad news: It will be really, really a lot of work, and take a long time. Like it does for any/every woman.

Curvy is a good thing. Me, I'm built like a 14-year-old boy: Wide shoulders, no hips, no booty. That's a good thing, too (but not a somatotype). ;)

Best wishes!

I have tiny wrists, wide shoulders, tend to have a 2-4-pack without doing anything for it, but also have a very wide pelvis bone, a very curvy/well padded bum and legs. <shrugs>

I think that either makes you a bank robber or someone who helps little old ladies across the street. I'm not too clear on it, but if it's the first one, I promise not to tell anyone. :wink:

Maybe both? :D I can also fold my hands sideways and stick them in very tiny holes :p That's my secret super power. Oh well, us ladies all look different. Would be boring otherwise, right?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Best wishes!

I think that either makes you a bank robber or someone who helps little old ladies across the street. I'm not too clear on it, but if it's the first one, I promise not to tell anyone. :wink:

Maybe both? :D I can also fold my hands sideways and stick them in very tiny holes :p That's my secret super power. Oh well, us ladies all look different. Would be boring otherwise, right?

I don't have a superpower. Unless snarly sarcasm counts? :disappointed:
  • yirara
    Options

Best wishes!

I don't have a superpower. Unless snarly sarcasm counts? :disappointed:

That's what holds the universe together :D<3
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Somatotypes aren't a thing.

It takes everyone forever to get ripped because to be ripped requires a very low BF% which is difficult to attain because from an evolutionary standpoint, it's a pretty new thing and not really what our body wants to do.