WEEK 3 ~ Team Amazing Grace (CLOSED GROUP) August Challenge

Options
Ok guys, here is the new thread for week 3. I apologize, I've been sick today with some kind of stomach flu.... but wanted to get this posted for you.

If you have not yet posted your weight loss for this week - PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO DO THAT.... we get points for pounds lost as well!!!

A note from Gary for week 3 ---> Week 3 RISE OF THE MACHINES! Folks get ready, and psyche yourselves out today for this coming week. Its going to be more intense. But you are half way through. I bet you didn't think you would make it this far did you! Well you have! I take pride in each one of you who have stuck with this challenge. There are those of you out there who have been following along and getting prepared for September's STEPPING IT UP IN SEPTEMBER Challenge. Keep up the great work.

Remember the following things to be successful on this next weeks journey.
1. Listen to your body. If something hurts....not tired, weak, or burns but if it hurts. STOP!
2. Push past your weakness threshold. Don't allow your bodies excuses of "I don't think I can do that!" hold you back. Of course you can do it. We all have the same muscles, bones and willpower. This week you are an automated machine! Get up and do it! 3. Stay hydrated. LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!
4. IF YOU GET DOWN! ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS ! YOU ARE MUCH STRONGER THAN YOUR BODY WILL ALLOW YOU TO BELIEVE! PUT THAT BODY UNDER SUBMISSION AND BECOME THE MACHINE YOU WERE MADE TO BE! RISE UP MACHINES WE"RE TAKING BACK OUR BODIES!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES!

This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.

Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge

Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own
butt this week!

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Three Weekly TEAM CHALLENGE......

Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches or sit ups for the week. So a team of 20 would need each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away!

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.

Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended. Just let me know if you need some help figuring out how to modify a particular exercise.

COME ON TEAM!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Wish you luck. . . All I got to say is the FUNKY UNCHUNKY MONKEY'S are going to kick tail~!
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    Ok guys, here is the new thread for week 3. I apologize, I've been sick today with some kind of stomach flu.... but wanted to get this posted for you.

If you have not yet posted your weight loss for this week - PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO DO THAT.... we get points for pounds lost as well!!!

A note from Gary for week 3 ---> Week 3 RISE OF THE MACHINES! Folks get ready, and psyche yourselves out today for this coming week. Its going to be more intense. But you are half way through. I bet you didn't think you would make it this far did you! Well you have! I take pride in each one of you who have stuck with this challenge. There are those of you out there who have been following along and getting prepared for September's STEPPING IT UP IN SEPTEMBER Challenge. Keep up the great work.

Remember the following things to be successful on this next weeks journey.
    1. Listen to your body. If something hurts....not tired, weak, or burns but if it hurts. STOP!
    2. Push past your weakness threshold. Don't allow your bodies excuses of "I don't think I can do that!" hold you back. Of course you can do it. We all have the same muscles, bones and willpower. This week you are an automated machine! Get up and do it! 3. Stay hydrated. LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!
    4. IF YOU GET DOWN! ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS ! YOU ARE MUCH STRONGER THAN YOUR BODY WILL ALLOW YOU TO BELIEVE! PUT THAT BODY UNDER SUBMISSION AND BECOME THE MACHINE YOU WERE MADE TO BE! RISE UP MACHINES WE"RE TAKING BACK OUR BODIES!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES!

This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.

Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge

Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own
    butt this week!

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Three Weekly TEAM CHALLENGE......

Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches or sit ups for the week. So a team of 20 would need each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away!

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.

Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended. Just let me know if you need some help figuring out how to modify a particular exercise.

COME ON TEAM!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

Hey Captain, really really sorry that you had the flu and felt yucky on the Lord's day! No rest for your weary body then. Will keep you in my prayers tonight as I close the day! GET WELL AMAZING GRACE! We love you and need you!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Thank you Song2Sing!! I appreciate you soooo much!! You have a good night.
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    AUGUST 14th 2011

Wow, what to say about this week 3... AMAZING!!!

It's weird, but as the weeks goes by, I feel more and more excited about those daily goals, i think they turn into kind of a drug for me hahaha :) I love them, I love having goals, I love doing things that I never taught I would be able to because of my overweight, I love challenges.

I wanna thanks EACH OF YOU, DEAR TEAM MEMBERS, cause you are a part of my succes, that for sure!!! And a special thanks for our SUPER MOTIVATOR, COORDINATOR, CAPTAIN Amazing Grace!!!

Oh, and I'm SOOOO excited because I notice in AmazingGrace message that it could be an September Challenge!!!! Soooo happy :)

Ok about the ABS CHALLENGE, I'm volunteer to do 200 abs per day for 5 days, for a big total of 1 000 abs.

I wish everybody a very nice week and I know we all will!!!! :)

Catherine
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    @ Catherine!! Wow!! That's alot of ab crunches!! You are a BEAST!! My tummy muscles are still hurting from last weeks!! Haha. So I'm not sure how many I can do, but I know that I will be doing them morning, noon, and night!! Haha!!

Also, I almost forgot about my recipe....

"Almond Joy Frappe"

Number of servings - Serves 1

In the blender, mix the following ingredients:

Dannon - Yogurt - Light & Fit Carb & Sugar Control Vanilla, 4 oz; (FROZEN)
    Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze - Chocolate - Unsweetened, 8 oz
    Hershey's - Hershey's Cocoa-Unsweetened, 1 tbs
    Mccormick - Coconut Extract, 1 tsp

Total: 100 calories Per Serving, 9 carbs per serving

I love chocolate, and I love Dannon yogurt, so this is a no-brainer for a low calorie "dessert" taste for me!! I hope you like it!!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Sorry you have not been feeling well my friend!

I promise to do 50 ab crunches extra per day, which over 6 days is 300 crunches.

Does anyone else have problems with jumping jacks? When I do them in the water (pushing up against the water is hard!) it's ok, but on land I feel like I might give myself a black eye with things bouncing all over the place!

I too am really interested in the September challenge, but I will be away the first week in September (going on our first cruise!) and I most likely will not have an internet connection. Could I just increase the challenges from the week before? I don't want to hurt the team, but this challenge has been great at holding me accountable!
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    OK, I'm all caught up for week 2.
    40 shoulder presses
    1 extra mile walked
    50 ab crunches
    I also did the other 6 miles today to make up for the 10 total that I pledged towards the 100 for the team.
    12 glasses of water
    stayed under calorie count ... bring on week 3!
    weight: 231.4 . . . makes no sense to have gained .6 when I have been doing all of this exercise!!!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Sorry you are sick! Feel better!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Alrighty! I was on vacation last week and I was a horrible team member... this week that changes!! I will get back on track and get us all the points I can!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I just wanted everyone to know that our team did 132 "extra" miles of walking/jogging/biking last week!!! YAY!!
    That's AWESOME!!!!

Special Thanks to Sarah Ruth for logging all those miles on the bicycle... I can't believe you ride and walk to work everyday!!! You are a MONSTER!!!

You guys ROCK!!!!

I lost 2 pounds this week and am going to commit to 60 ab crunches per day - for a total of 420. :ohwell:

I think I'm caught up on both of the threads, (whew!!), and I still need weight (from yesterday's weigh-in) for the following people:

caza
    clew
    deidreJean
    healthymern
    kat
    musky
    taranmisty
    TNGirlyGirl
    Xtine
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 pound in week 2! Woohoo

I'll commit to doing 50 crunches a day for a total of 300 extra for the week.

GO TEAM! :smooched:
  • healthymern10
    Options
    sorry team have been off the radar for past few days due to illness, haven't really had the strength to exercises let alone eat or drink much, but i am on the mend and will continue to kick the crap out of what is left in august. :ohwell: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    --- walkinggrace20 - I KNOW HOW YA FEEL - i gained 1.5# - last wk i stayed the same -
    BUT clothes are fitting looser - need to measure tonight!!

---almond joy frap - sounds AWESOME!! (will need to run to store b/4 going home :) )

my weight 205 (not sure when 'aunt flow' will arrive - she's comes most UNexpectadly!
    who knows - maybe she's planning a visit. ( i really wish she'd just leave me alone! )

jumping jacks - KILL MY ANKLES - is there an alternative? crunches (NOT globe jumps!) or squat kicks??

looking forward to this wk --
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    --- walkinggrace20 - I KNOW HOW YA FEEL - i gained 1.5# - last wk i stayed the same -
    BUT clothes are fitting looser - need to measure tonight!!

---almond joy frap - sounds AWESOME!! (will need to run to store b/4 going home :) )

my weight 205 (not sure when 'aunt flow' will arrive - she's comes most UNexpectadly!
    who knows - maybe she's planning a visit. ( i really wish she'd just leave me alone! )

jumping jacks - KILL MY ANKLES - is there an alternative? crunches (NOT globe jumps!) or squat kicks??

looking forward to this wk --

@healthymern - I know how you are feeling... I was terribly sick yesterday.... and today, I feel better, but still a little weak. Take care of yourself girl. Get me your weight as soon as you can.

@ Musky and @maureendonahue - you ladies can do squat kicks in place of the jumping jacks... i can't do alot at one time, so i just break them up throughout the day....

Ladies, if you cannot do something - feel free to modify it or do some other exercise that is similar to it. The point is to be doing SOMETHING every single day. Just let me know on the thread WHAT you do and how many (and which exercise you are substituting it for).....
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Note for this week from Gary.....

Is your scale reporting higher numbers this week. Don't you dare be discouraged.

I know its rough, I know it can be discouraging but I'd like to ask you to look at two weeks ago. Are you doing more than you were then? Are you stronger now then you were then? Are you still committed to see this thing through til the end? I believe you are answering a resounding YES! To all of those.

I entitled this week RISE OF THE MACHINES! I knew several of you would see little to no weight loss. But look at how far you've come.

Its time to rise from last week and show off your machine like bodies. They are stronger, faster and able to last longer. Burpees were a challenge this week they will be just another exercise!

Each team was able to go an extra 100 miles! This week your teams will do an additional 4000 crunches!

And if you are feeling down.......Please.......YOU ARE MACHINES! RISE UP AND CONQUER YOUR PAST WEEK....its just that --PAST!

This week is your week, take ownership and push like you've never pushed before! I'm so proud of you and all you have accomplished! You are MACHINES!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I can commit to 50 extra crunches at least 5 days this week. That's 250 for me. I will try for more, but I can promise at least that. ;)

In case anyone was unsure... I love my bike. :D

Ready to kick butt in week 3!!!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I want you all to know that even though I'm still waiting on weights (from yesterday) from a few people, so far this TEAM has lost a total of 43 pounds!! I think that's AMAZING!!

I SOOOOO proud of all of you!! You guys are kicking some serious August boo-tay!!!!
  • caza6464
    caza6464 Posts: 29
    Options
    I lost 2lb this week, yeahhhhh, was gutted that i stayed the same last week and did my exercises while i was on holiday as well.
    I will be doing extra 50 ab crunches a day which is an extra 300 from me
    Love doing the challenges, it makes me do it rather than think about it, hate the ups/downs though, my legs are like jelly the next day ha ha

1439569.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • caza6464
    caza6464 Posts: 29
    Options
    Monday
    50 squat kicks
    3 sets of woodchops
    50 ab crunches
    9 glasses of water
    came in under goal
  • musky4