80 Pounds Lost In 21 Weeks

Options

Replies

• drbeanie2000
    drbeanie2000 Posts: 81 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Wow, that sounds very hard! What discipline. On the other hand, what results!
  • rowemaximus
    rowemaximus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Well done, you should be so proud. Keep up the amazing work
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Ohhh *kitten* this is an AMAZZZZZZING transformation! I've considered OMAD since I'm really just not hungry. My concern is not getting enough calories since I'm already a healthy weight. Did you have any issues with eating enough?

Btw, nice tricep pop :p
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Well done, you should be so proud. Keep up the amazing work

Thank you so much. The kind words are very appreciated. :smile:
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Ohhh *kitten* this is an AMAZZZZZZING transformation! I've considered OMAD since I'm really just not hungry. My concern is not getting enough calories since I'm already a healthy weight. Did you have any issues with eating enough?

Btw, nice tricep pop :p

Excellent question and thank you very much for the complements! :blush: Yes I do some days find it hard to get all my calories in so after I eat my complete meal I top up my calories with a protein shake and usually something high in fat and calorie dense like my home made sugar free (sugar substitute) chocolate, creamed nuts (mostly macadamia nut, vanilla cups, and/or heavy creams or double devon cream in coffee or homemade sugar free Mexican hot chocolate etc.. As i lost weight I have found it harder to eat the one meal so the addition of the other very calorie dense foods makes it much easier. Putting lots of butter on foods and mayo, etc also help. There's quite a few options out there for calorie dense foods that are very nutritious too. I eat a lot of avocado too
  • manonamission73
    manonamission73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done mate, awesome transformation
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    awesome work im doing keto as well in week 1 so I hope my results are as great as yours
  • laurentapia
    laurentapia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey there, what electrolyte brand do you use?
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    race23 wrote: »
    Well done mate, awesome transformation
    Thank you! :smile:
    ldtamika31 wrote: »
    awesome work im doing keto as well in week 1 so I hope my results are as great as yours
    Thank you! :smile: Right on. If you're just starting out on Keto make sure you get in enough electrolytes/salt.
    Hey there, what electrolyte brand do you use?
    I make sure I get enough salt in every day. I use pink Himalayan salt and for electrolyte powder I use Vega Sport Hydrator.
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    First off congratulations on the work you did. Incredible. I am on an 16/8 IF and am thinking of condensing it down to 5 hours of eating and skipping b-fast. I can't believe you found both a doctor and a dietitian to sign off on the one meal a day. Very happy to hear that. Most seem so conventional and fear the risks.

Did you work out during this period and did you try to plan the workouts towards your eating window or just a normal schedule?

Do you mind sharing what device you use to measure ketones?
  • PaulChasinDreams
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Will210 wrote: »
    First off congratulations on the work you did. Incredible. I am on an 16/8 IF and am thinking of condensing it down to 5 hours of eating and skipping b-fast. I can't believe you found both a doctor and a dietitian to sign off on the one meal a day. Very happy to hear that. Most seem so conventional and fear the risks.

Did you work out during this period and did you try to plan the workouts towards your eating window or just a normal schedule?

Yes It is very sad the amount of doctors out there that are not up to date on a lot of nutritional/diet information and are scared to see or try anything new or to listen to thoughts, evidence and research from other areas they aren't familiar with. Change of the status quo is very hard for some to get a handle of and to even accept after they see what is working if it's different from what they are used to. Not to mention so many of them are being paid kick backs from big pharma/government etc to push pills and to keep people sick rather than healing them. But that's a whole different sad story right there. Some of the things friends and family members tell me they hear from doctors is truly appalling.
    I feel very fortunate to have the doctor, dietician, and group of people around me. Support Is so very important when changing our lifestyles and trying to get healthier. I get blood/urine lab work done on a regular basis (as well as everyone in our group) so the evidence of how well this way of living words makes it very easy for my doctor, dietician, etc to stand behind the results and motivate us to carry on what we are doing. It has been noted on my file and others in our group that our doctor with over 30 years of practice and our dietician have never seen so much fat lost in such a short period of time and in such a healthy way; with all health markers improving. The saying of "too much fat lost in too short of period of time" can be true in some aspects if done wrong and if not supervised and if the health markers aren't closely checked while doing it. But if done right under supervision and while having health markers checked then that saying doesn't pertain whatsoever.

I was working out weight lifting and mountain bike riding for awhile but I injured a reoccurring back injury while weight lifting so I stopped working out with weights to let my back heal. I have two herniated discs. I have a pinched nerve between L4 and L5. It has been getting better but it's taking time.

I do go on hikes with my wife and daughters and I do work around our home property but no heavy lifting anymore and just the odd cycling day here or there but can't do any serious mountain biking now cause of the back injury.

My blood ketone tester is a Precision Xtra. There are a few different brands out there. Accu Chek is another one. If you call around before buying them there may be an offer to get one for free when you purchase a box of blood tester sticks to go with it. I'm in Canada and a few pharmacies have that offer here at times.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    Will210 wrote: »
    This is the one I use. It does both blood glucose and ketone. uq34hdgz8bnw.jpg

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • 100poundstogo
    100poundstogo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're a textbook story..Unbelievable but so true because the real deal is there to show. Congrats and hats off to you. Glad to hear you are in to foods from the Caribbean. I'm a born islander that transitioned to USA..Inspirational indeed!!
  • laurasurga
    laurasurga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That’s commitment right there 💪🏼 well done! An amazing achievement🙌🏼
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!