My story: 215lbs to 124lbs

Options

Replies

• vburgy
    vburgy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    reeeggiii wrote: »
    Wow, amazing transformation! Congrats! Can I ask your height, please? :)

Thank you! I’m 5’6
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    @vburgy Stunning! Bouquet was pretty too.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Total success and do you still log to this day?
  • vburgy
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »

I sure do! Every day 😊 I go crazy if I don’t now lol
  • vburgy
    Options
    @vburgy Stunning! Bouquet was pretty too.

Thank you!!
  • txcock
    txcock Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    vburgy wrote: »
    I remember waking up one day going : who the hell is this far chick in the mirror and what did she do with my body?! I ALWAYS struggled with my weight but it NEVER got this bad.
    I was 215lbs and hated myself. I decided it was time to change!
    So I set goals. Goal 1: get UNDER 200lbs Goal 2: complete the Tough Mudder no matter how long it takes me
    So I set out to do that! I trained for months and was able to complete the TM!
    After that I was DETERMINED to lose the weight.
    The funny thing about trying to better yourself (especially with weight) is how many people crap on you trying to get healthy! My own family and friends gave me a hard time as I was losing weight. “You’re too skinny” “aren’t you done yet?” “Eat a sandwich” “ you don’t have to log EVERYTHING”. My favorite was on my wedding day (I’d already lost all the weight at this point btw) and I get told “wow! You have NO waist now. Can you get any skinnier?!” Since when is it ok to give someone a hard time for getting healthy? Or for getting thin! It’s NOT!
    Having so many people get on my butt made me realize a few things. It’s not about them. It’s about me and how I feel. Their hateful comments are them being insecure on their appearance and really has nothing to do with me!
    So here I am! 2 1/2 yrs later. Size 2. 124lbs. 😊 loving life!

Pictures : collage- blue dress 215lbs. The rest are throughout the process
    -side by side: 215 to now 124

Number 1: Congratulations for being successful!
    Number 2: You are absolutely beautiful!
    Number 3: Let haters hate!

Stay sexy my friend!

• wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous (before and now)! Congratulations on getting healthy!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Awwww good for you! You look amazing! And congrats on the TM! I did a full one last Sept. They are TOUGH for sure!!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »

I sure do! Every day 😊 I go crazy if I don’t now lol

You are my hero!
  • breezysyear2change
    breezysyear2change Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness please be my friend and message me of how you lost your weight. Your goals inspire me
  • chasitystiff4737
    chasitystiff4737 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great job, congrats to you!!!!!!
  • drbeanie2000
    drbeanie2000 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    @motivatedmartha I know right! Everyone wants a tiny waist but unfortunately my grandfather didn’t mean it as a compliment but as a slam. He gave me crap the ENTIRE process. First it was you look great! Then he started crapping on me because he didn’t like how small I was getting.

I wonder if he is just one of those men who grew up with "voluptuous" women being the ideal. The ones who think "women don't look like WOMEN anymore."
  • Deborah271
    Deborah271 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look amazing and as I sit here this morning with a heavy heart from repeat failure you give me hope. I am really struggling as I’m 226 lbs and just 5’2, not easy carrying around all this weight. Did you follow a certain way of eating, low carb or paleo, I could use some advice from someone who’s walked a mile in my shoes, thank you 😊
  • faithwalton2016
    faithwalton2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you for posting. I have friend tell me the same thing. They told me I was too skinny. And I WASN'T! LOL I gained the weight back because I stopped doing my routine. But I'm getting back into it and I'm not letting anyone stop me. I had people make fun of me because I would eat healthy at restaurants when they weren't. At the time it hurt my feelings because I figured they would support me since they were friends, but nope. But you have encouraged me to stay strong and keep going. Thank you for posting this inspirational story.
  • 6raham
    6raham Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Well done, Im halfway through and hoping to match your story. Wedding is in September and I have 20lbs to go to get to my goal weight, have lost 75lbs since January and people keep telling me thats enough, stop now, just eat normally, stop recording what you eat...

What you said is key, it is what makes you feel happy and comfortable not how others look at you. If you are happy to record your food, keep track of what you weigh and eat sensibly surely thats normal!

Well done.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Deborah271 wrote: »
    Congratulations you look amazing and as I sit here this morning with a heavy heart from repeat failure you give me hope. I am really struggling as I’m 226 lbs and just 5’2, not easy carrying around all this weight. Did you follow a certain way of eating, low carb or paleo, I could use some advice from someone who’s walked a mile in my shoes, thank you 😊

Please don't have a heavy heart - you are on mfp so there is hope. I have lost my weight by simply logging my food accurately - by preplanning my meals wherever possible I find that I can eat food I enjoy in sensible portions and not feel deprived. Takes time to learn the best way of eating for you but essentially, just eating less and moving around a bit more is a really good start - no need for fancy exercise regimes unless you have particular fitness goals. To start with, get your food choices under control and walk about a bit more. Follow mfp guides for your calories and macros and don't get hung up on whether you are low carb, keto or paleo or whatever. One thing I found helpful was to not mention the word 'diet' to anyone. It only encourages people to undermine you. Instead just practice saying 'no thankyou' or ' oh, not for me at the moment thankyou' when offered food that will blow your target for the day. Baby steps, patience and you will get there. Mfp works - you just need to trust it and work with it and not give up! XX
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What a great job, you look fantastic. Kudos for keeping it off, that's the hardest part. I'm halfway to my goal, and reading all these success stories keeps me motivated. Thank goodness for MFP!
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. It is amazing what you accomplished. Your are beautiful and should be very proud of yourself. You have inspired me to be able to do it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!