My story: 215lbs to 124lbs

Options
13»

Replies

• vburgy
    vburgy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Deborah271 wrote: »
    Congratulations you look amazing and as I sit here this morning with a heavy heart from repeat failure you give me hope. I am really struggling as I’m 226 lbs and just 5’2, not easy carrying around all this weight. Did you follow a certain way of eating, low carb or paleo, I could use some advice from someone who’s walked a mile in my shoes, thank you 😊

Don’t give up! Use those “failures” as learning opportunities. It’s like I tell me students “mistakes mean you’re trying, trying is better than nothing.”
    Honestly I grew up trying every diet out there! Basically if my mom was on a diet. The whole family was. I’ve tried it all. And unless you 100% stick to paleo or keto and NEVER get off of it you may have success. I find those fad diets to just not work for me. I count my macros for every meal, no alcohol- basically water and green tea only for beverages, you HAVE to exercise. When I first got dedicated to the gym I was hitting it 5 days a week for 2 1/2 hrs a day. Now I’m teaching so that’s harder so my workouts are split throughout the day.
    You can always add me and we can talk more!
  • vburgy
    Options
    Wow thank you for posting. I have friend tell me the same thing. They told me I was too skinny. And I WASN'T! LOL I gained the weight back because I stopped doing my routine. But I'm getting back into it and I'm not letting anyone stop me. I had people make fun of me because I would eat healthy at restaurants when they weren't. At the time it hurt my feelings because I figured they would support me since they were friends, but nope. But you have encouraged me to stay strong and keep going. Thank you for posting this inspirational story.

Ignore the haters!! Forget them.
    Funny story. My best friend was LIVID that I started losing weight. At one point she even said that she didn’t feel like the “hot one” anymore.
    Last week she came up to me and apologized. Said she has been getting some of the same crap I was getting when I first started losing weight and now she understands how painful it is to hear that.
    People just suck sometimes.
    Don’t give up!
  • vburgy
    Options
    6raham wrote: »
    Well done, Im halfway through and hoping to match your story. Wedding is in September and I have 20lbs to go to get to my goal weight, have lost 75lbs since January and people keep telling me thats enough, stop now, just eat normally, stop recording what you eat...

What you said is key, it is what makes you feel happy and comfortable not how others look at you. If you are happy to record your food, keep track of what you weigh and eat sensibly surely thats normal!

Well done.

Amazing attitude! I was thrilled to be skinny on my wedding day! I’m sure you’ll hit that 20lb goal and rock it ✌🏻✌🏻

• Shelby122367
    Shelby122367 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You did a great job! This takes a lot of will power. You look wonderful. Keep up the good work. As we know this is a life change :^)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very inspiring! Hard work definitely pays off!
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You’re a real inspiration! Gives me hope I can get there too!
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You have an amazing smile. Those people trying to crap on you are just jealous.
  • drumkidd
    drumkidd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing to read this and you look stunning!
  • Ari1974
    Ari1974 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats my God today I just noticed I had full bulging on my thighs and I said this is it I can’t continue to do this am wondering if that will disappear
  • vburgy
    Options
    Ari1974 wrote: »
    Congrats my God today I just noticed I had full bulging on my thighs and I said this is it I can’t continue to do this am wondering if that will disappear

You can totally do it! You just have to WANT it bad enough. And then be willing to bust your butt, stay in MFP and remove things from your diet. Stay focused, surround yourself with supportive people and believe in yourself. You can do anything you set your mind to!
    Good luck! I look forward to seeing where this journey takes you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!