craving pickles?

Options

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I must be deficient in something that's in chocolate and Bailey's Irish Cream then!

You read my mind! :laugh:
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I must be deficient in something that's in chocolate and Bailey's Irish Cream then!

LOL cute
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    Mmmm pickles. ..sometimes I'll have a small bowl of pickle slices...now I want some
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Pickles are so good! But so crazy high in sodium.
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is half-Japanese and he sometimes craves Japanese pickles really badly. We live in a rural area with little access to Japanese foods, so if we're elsewhere he always has to have a session in a restaurant with a triple portion of pickles lined up in a row in front of him. There's something about them, I think!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Haha. Okay I just wrote on my wall I was craving pickles really bad and wanted to drink the juice. Then I googled and this was the first thing that came up.

Pickles were my first solid food as a child so I have always loved pickles. But I have eaten a quarter of a huge jar and a quarter of a small jar of pickles in three days.

I don't think its my sodium or maybe it could be. I have also been craving potatoes but I have been eating them too. As well as eating bananas. So maybe its electrolytes?

Now I have to google exactly what that is lol

Maybe I am drinking too much water?

What about taking a multivitamin or something? Is there anything that can help?

This indicates to me it's probably an electrolyte thing, most likely potassium, as potatoes and bananas are both high in potassium.
  • DianaJames2
    DianaJames2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i was wondering if anyone know what it means when you are craving pickles? am i deficient in some mineral or vitamin? does it mean my body is needing salt? i have eaten an entire jar of pickles in 3 days (seriously, an entire jar). the only other time i did this was when i was pregnant with my first child eight years ago, and i haven't wanted pickles since then. i am not pregnant so that is not it. any suggestions? thanks.
    dawn

Wow, well it is good, I guess that I m not the only one who craves pickles! My craving us for sweet gherkins. And it has been going on for about a month. I set down in front of the Tv and eat a pint jar. And I sip on juice like fine wine. I feel like I m a junky!
  • sarahcollver
    sarahcollver Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Japanese pickles are the best i fill up on them when i go to Asian buffets. I blame the yummy kim chi and radish pickles i had the other day with my current pickle obsession.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    I'm sure pickles are very interesting - but just pointing out this question was asked way back in 2010 :o
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Well, we can't put this thread back in the grave, so, what's up with Japanese pickles?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm sure pickles are very interesting - but just pointing out this question was asked way back in 2010 :o

Yeah. It's not supposed to be resurrected until 2018. Whats with the post a year early?

:)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Yeah. It's not supposed to be resurrected until 2018. Whats with the post a year early?

:)

Premature pickling. Someone got over eager.
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    All i have are cucumbers. How long do i need to wait?!!
  • doyled30
    doyled30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just drove through Chick-fil-A for a sandwich because I was craving the pickles!
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    if you want pickes and ice cream you may be eating for 2
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Just a note... if it is possibly an indication of low potassium levels, you really should see your dr and get the appropriate blood testing done.

As I found out 2 years ago (when on 2 diuretics for hypertension/water retention, which in turn was flushing too much potassium out of my body), if you are too low in potassium it can be a matter of life and death.. and I felt fine at the time so it was a huge wake up call for me when my dr phoned me and ORDERED me to get to pharmacy asap to pick up prescription he was calling in for me for potassium. No, over the counter was not going to do the job. It was either I take the capsules or start getting potassium injections.
    And no, eating more bananas( as I jokingly suggested to him would be good enough) was NOT going to do the job. Sometimes and some circumstances can mean it really is a very very serious matter.

Would not hurt to get that checked out. Just saying.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Someone brought some fancy ones from a fancy deli to my place this weekend. I found them in the fridge and ate the half jar that was left after lunch today. I'm craving more. A good pickle is gooooood.