Unspoken Rules

Options

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    Eat someone's stuff, you better buy replacements and put them back exactly how you found the first lot.

Don't eat someone else's stuff - get your own
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Wash your hands before you handle food
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Don't walk down the middle of the parking lot at the pace of a snail. Pick a side.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Unspoken rules for my friends:

Don't talk to me about church/religion
    Don't ask me to babysit your child regardless of age/reason
    Don't try to sell me any MLM junk or invite me to a "party" or "event" promoting such
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Put the lid down before you flush the toilet.

Supposedly it doesnt make much differnece though :grimace: . Shrink wrap the whole seat area before flushing
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Don't walk down the middle of the parking lot at the pace of a snail. Pick a side.

Yes! And when you cross to walk into the store you take the fastest route from point A to point B. Do NOT walk diagonally in front of cars!! My car will win that battle.

In the grocery store or any store you shouldn't stop your cart or body directly in the middle to gawk or to catch up with your old buddy.

This one of my biggest pet peeves.

If you see a person pushing someone in a wheelchair towards the door you’re coming out of and you don’t hold the door for that person, then you’re a VILE and disgusting person. It’s even worse when folks SEE you coming and look you dead in the face and STILL let the door slam shut. My neighbor did this when I was pushing my mom up the ramp into our apartment building yesterday. It took every ounce of self control I had to hold my tongue. Nobody has any home training of etiquette these days. F****kheads.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    When you have a guest on your couch, toss them the remote. Don't make them suffer through your favorite stock trading show on CNBC.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

[/b]

If you see a person pushing someone in a wheelchair towards the door you’re coming out of and you don’t hold the door for that person, then you’re a VILE and disgusting person. It’s even worse when folks SEE you coming and look you dead in the face and STILL let the door slam shut. My neighbor did this when I was pushing my mom up the ramp into our apartment building yesterday. It took every ounce of self control I had to hold my tongue. Nobody has any home training of etiquette these days. F****kheads.[/quote]

agreed X 10 - It is basic common courtesy to hold the door for someone - anyone - but so much more for someone who is elderly, , on crutches, wheelchair etc - or the lady with her arms full of kids & groceries . Basic manners the their parents should have taught them long ago. That & parking in a handicap spot when you aren't . My dad at 92 y/o still does not have a handicap tag for his car. Eastcoast Jim
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options

Yes! And when you cross to walk into the store you take the fastest route from point A to point B. Do NOT walk diagonally in front of cars!! My car will win that battle.

In the grocery store or any store you shouldn't stop your cart or body directly in the middle to gawk or to catch up with your old buddy.

If you see a person pushing someone in a wheelchair towards the door you’re coming out of and you don’t hold the door for that person, then you’re a VILE and disgusting person. It’s even worse when folks SEE you coming and look you dead in the face and STILL let the door slam shut. My neighbor did this when I was pushing my mom up the ramp into our apartment building yesterday. It took every ounce of self control I had to hold my tongue. Nobody has any home training of etiquette these days. F****kheads.

I hold the door open for everyone. I am the person who makes it awkward because I hold it for people who are like 20 yards away, but it is just courtesy. And if it is someone who has issues with mobility or their hands full then I will run ahead and open other sets of doors or help them in another way if they need it.

lmao this is me! I do the same with elevators. I dunno.......It’s just second nature for me to be courteous. Even my brother who is the biggest jerk on the planet holds the door for people smh..,..
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Reactions to a comment should either be evenly distributed amongst all five or all reactions should be of the same category.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

This. Very similar situations. My mother was in a wheelchair as well when I was growing up, and it was terrible. I'm one who will hold a door open for someone even if they're a ways off. Just common courtesy
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    If the food in the shared fridge is not yours, common sense says don’t eat it jerk face.

I used to work somewhere that they put a sign on the fridge telling people not to steal other people's food. I was ashamed that a bunch of professional adults had to be told that

Hey! If your “Sammie” looks better than mine, you better eat it before I notice...that’s my unspoken rule!
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    If the food in the shared fridge is not yours, common sense says don’t eat it jerk face.

I used to work somewhere that they put a sign on the fridge telling people not to steal other people's food. I was ashamed that a bunch of professional adults had to be told that

Hey! If your “Sammie” looks better than mine, you better eat it before I notice...that’s my unspoken rule!

Someone took the cookies out of my lunch a few years ago. So, I baked up a batch double chocolate, chocolate chip cookies bagged them and put them in the fridge. Needless to say, a couple of hours later, I found out who the food thief was when they were cussing up a storm from their burning mouth. Needless to say, a double dose of jalapeno juice extract in the cookies made for a nice delayed reaction. ;)

Ever since then, I put absolutely nothing in the fridge at work. I bring in a cooler and keep it at my desk. Too many nasty people in the office.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Mind your business
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    If it hits the ground and you pick it up in under 5 seconds nobody can call you out about eating off the floor.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Chapstick does NOT get shared.
  • Sami488
    Sami488 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

And you better run if you eat my Sammie mister!

Wait, I didn’t agree to this. Oh and you spelled my name wrong btw.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Do not clip your fingernails or toenails in public places

This! I can't stand to hear people clipping their nails at work. I understand the occasional need to clip a broken or snagged fingernail but when I keep hearing snip, snip, snip I know you are clipping all of your nails......ugh.

• SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

And you better run if you eat my Sammie mister!

I’m my new office, I have my own fridge. I have offered it to other employees in my building. I have had no takers. I have been eating out a lot since moving into my new office. :'(