Drinking water

Has any one found that drinking more water has helped with weight loss?

Replies

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    edited July 2018
    Absolutely. Apart from the obvious health benefits it flushes the crap out and does help you understand the difference between thirst and hunger. Drink enough water is key advice.
  • kellydavies250
    kellydavies250 Posts: 9 Member
    I don’t eat a lot anyway due to ongoing health problems which seems that be slowing my weight loss journey down so I’m on meal replacement shakes which are great but I brought a 2 litre bottle and didn’t realise how little I was drinking until now, in 3 days I’ve lost 3lb hence the reason I ask if it helps

Many thanks for replies
  • OHammykins
    OHammykins Posts: 98 Member
    I drink a lot of water and I've found it's helped my skin, my energy levels and my over all mood.
    While it hasn't directly affected my weight loss, as other users have said, it's helped me learn the difference between hunger and thirst. Most of the times when I think I'm hungry I'm actually just thirsty :-)
  • kroe4
    kroe4 Posts: 111 Member
    edited July 2018
    If your drinking more water instead of pop/tea/coffee loaded with milk and sugar then heck yeah It helps weight loss! lol When I started my weight loss journey I completely stopped my Coca-Cola addiction and switched to straight water. I might throw in a flavor packet every once in a while but aside from that I make sure to have my recommended amount of water. I don't think it makes me feel fuller or anything, my protein intake takes care of that. =)
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    OHammykins wrote: »
    I drink a lot of water and I've found it's helped my skin, my energy levels and my over all mood.
    While it hasn't directly affected my weight loss, as other users have said, it's helped me learn the difference between hunger and thirst. Most of the times when I think I'm hungry I'm actually just thirsty :-)

Agree 100%!
    Also, for me it's kind of a physical reminder as I slurp from my water bottle: I'm in this, I'm on track, I'm guzzling this and NOT nibbling on a cookie. It makes me feel more...intentional.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Sometimes our hunger and thirst cues get mixed up. For example, I always feel hungry when I first wake up, but it goes away when I start drinking tea. I'm not truly hungry for a few hours later.

So making sure you are properly hydrated can indeed help with weight loss if you are eating when you are actually thirsty, and instead of eating drink something with much lower calories than what you would have eaten.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I do notice it helps with my loss because when I drink water I do drink less tea or coffee etc. also helps with my mind and my feeling of fullness.