Ask a real man....

Options

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    1st date ideas? Meet at the house or meet halfway?
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

I would vote for halfway...but...
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Yes, i get i messed up :|
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular...
  • mustacheU2Lift
    edited July 2018
    Options

I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular...

Ok. Lol. But i still apologize. For no reason or to anybody in particular.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Why won’t you ask for directions?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Do you manscape? And if so what your preferred method?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Mutual interests are best. Comedy club, etc. Unless you know them well, I say meet them there for safety reasons. Otherwise, if you already know one another, then I see no issues with picking one person up from the home and driving there together. Makes for good conversation on the way.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options

GPS
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Mutual interests are best. Comedy club, etc. Unless you know them well, I say meet them there for safety reasons. Otherwise, if you already know one another, then I see no issues with picking one person up from the home and driving there together. Makes for good conversation.

I did not see being picked/dropped off @my home for a date as a compliment, until now.

Agree @conversation. People always assume we'd been dating a lot longer because of our rapport. CA traffic allows for A LOT of getting to know you moments.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options

Mutual interests are best. Comedy club, etc. Unless you know them well, I say meet them there for safety reasons. Otherwise, if you already know one another, then I see no issues with picking one person up from the home and driving there together. Makes for good conversation.

I did not see being picked/dropped off @my home for a date as a compliment, until now.

Agree @conversation. People always assume we'd been dating a lot longer because of our rapport. CA traffic allows for A LOT of getting to know you moments.

While I have no issues if whoever I'm dating drives. I generally prefer to drive there as it gives the person I'm with a chance to unwind, and not have to worry about the road. To me, it's a small gesture to them, similar to opening a car door.

CA traffic does allow for a lot of roadway conversations. Especially if you're stuck anywhere on the 5 (including 805/405) around LA or San Diego. But, sometimes that's the best times to have conversations
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

While I have no issues if whoever I'm dating drives. I generally prefer to drive there as it gives the person I'm with a chance to unwind, and not have to worry about the road. To me, it's a small gesture to them, similar to opening a car door.

CA traffic does allow for a lot of roadway conversations. Especially if you're stuck anywhere on the 5 (including 805/405) around LA or San Diego. But, sometimes that's the best times to have conversations

I have friends who prefer they drive. I'm not one who needs to. I tend to get comfortable in my seat, in a buckled half turned to the driver's seat position, as I engage in conversation.

I do believe you men are rather careless, most of the time. You tend to have work paraphernalia and calls coming through that could be dangerous IF your date is a psycho. Too much information.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    edited July 2018
    Options

I have friends who prefer they drive. I'm not one who needs to. I tend to get comfortable in my seat, in a buckled half turned to the driver's seat position, as I engage in conversation.

I do believe you men are rather careless, most of the time. You tend to have work paraphernalia and calls coming through that could be dangerous IF your date is a psycho. Too much information.

You mean stuff in the car, and on the cell phone? If so, my car is relatively clean, and almost empty (in the far back is a small storage container with emergency med kit, supplies, etc.). But, otherwise, about the only thing one may find in passenger area is an umbrella, a map book, couple pens and owner's manual and insurance card(glovebox).
    As to the phone, unless I need GPS, it is in the holder and charging. But, screen is blank and I won't accept a call unless it's an emergency(the date would know I may get called ahead of time). I view the time I'm with her as being with her, not my phone. It's ringer is turned off, and it's in my pocket, not to be looked at until end of date or need to due to emergency or she may go to bathroom and I'm there. Which, even then it would most likely stay in pocket.
    Heck, I know women's cars who are absolute messes. One, I refused to get into because of the crap in it... But, this also applies to many people. ;)
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

You mean stuff in the car, and on the cell phone? If so, my car is relatively clean, and almost empty (in the far back is a small storage container with emergency med kit, supplies, etc.). But, otherwise, about the only thing one may find in passenger area is an umbrella, a map book, couple pens and owner's manual and insurance card(glovebox).
    As to the phone, unless I need GPS, it is in the holder and charging. But, screen is blank and I won't accept a call unless it's an emergency(the date would know I may get called ahead of time). I view the time I'm with her as being with her, not my phone. It's ringer is turned off, and it's in my pocket, not to be looked at until end of date or need to due to emergency or she may go to bathroom and I'm there. Which, even then it would most likely stay in pocket.
    Heck, I know women's cars who are absolute messes. One, I refused to get into because of the crap in it... But, this also applies to many people. ;)

We're from the same school of neat freak, privacy and dating etiquette.

Their cars aren't messy, per se. They have visible folios/compendiums in the center console (set up for mobile office use), that is easily visible to anyone seated in the front seat.

Their phones are charge jacked, yes. Only, that the callers are beamed out(projected) from the dash - imagine the BMW caller receiving system, only projected to the passenger like floating words. Granted, like many men on dates, they don't pick up the calls ... I find it's way too much information for a first date to see.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    How do you curb cravings?
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options

Their cars aren't messy, per se. They have visible folios/compendiums in the center console (set up for mobile office use), that is easily visible to anyone seated in the front seat.

Their phones are charge jacked, yes. Only, that the callers are beamed out(projected) from the dash - imagine the BMW caller receiving system, only projected to the passenger like floating words. Granted, like many men on dates, they don't pick up the calls ... I find it's way too much information for a first date to see.

Gotcha. I was thinking you were talking more about a few dates in. Only way I would pick someone up on a first date is if I either already knew them, or got to know them quite extensively beforehand via calls, etc. Otherwise, as mentioned, I'd prefer to meet them there for both our sakes.

I don't like having anything visible in my car other than what I mentioned simply for the sake of someone breaking into it and stealing things. Work laptop, or other stuff stolen leading to personal info leak is a way to get fired in my field. Heck, I don't even like having a piece of junk mail sitting on my car seat. Especially if the address is visible.
    Not familiar with the BMW stuff. I'm just a poor boy, driving a Ford. They might see the screen and the name/number that pops up on it if the call comes in and I forget to set it to DnD. But, I shut it down very quickly and have phone set to no alerts for texts, email, etc. visible on screen.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Gotcha. I was thinking you were talking more about a few dates in. Only way I would pick someone up on a first date is if I either already knew them, or got to know them quite extensively beforehand via calls, etc. Otherwise, as mentioned, I'd prefer to meet them there for both our sakes.

I don't like having anything visible in my car other than what I mentioned simply for the sake of someone breaking into it and stealing things. Work laptop, or other stuff stolen leading to personal info leak is a way to get fired in my field. Heck, I don't even like having a piece of junk mail sitting on my car seat. Especially if the address is visible.
    Not familiar with the BMW stuff. I'm just a poor boy, driving a Ford. They might see the screen and the name/number that pops up on it if the call comes in and I forget to set it to DnD. But, I shut it down very quickly and have phone set to no alerts for texts, email, etc. visible on screen.

I live in a really small town. Emphasis on small. Everyone basically knows rudimentary details about anyone. One doesn't know banking details et al, as that would be TMI .... You generally know of each other ... Gym, running trail, church, grocery store ( the reason I use Instacart now). Suppose, that instills a level of comfiture for both parties.

Ford's are way cool IMO. I gather it bothers me, because one would assume I don't have tech on me, unless I think the date is spiraling and I need to call Uber.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Halfway! Never tell anyone where you live, hide your identity, wear masks when you go out. Only way to stay safe
    I have Siri why would I need directions?
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Do you manscape? And if so what your preferred method?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    No I do not, I get no tail so no reason to
    LouisTamsi wrote: »
    Yeah I'm a real man too, product of a single mother household and all her toxic girlfriends who had been divorced twice by the time they were in their 30's and pretty much hated all men. While I am not against showing emotion, it is unseemly to cry as a man except under certain circumstances. I still hold the door open for ladies, I am a rather intelligent and well traveled person but such things have lost their value in modern society. I dress well most of the time, I am well groomed and do my best to smell nice because god knows I've been fighting the "fat people stink" stereotype all my life. I guess I just follow a more vintage form of manhood patterned after my grandfather.
    Bro our *kitten* is so similar
    How do you curb cravings?

Spend money I don’t have
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    How do you get a "real" mans attention? Asking for a friend...