Ask a real man....

Options

Replies

• xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Captain Fantastic said the following: "Hi I am a real man. I love my mom. I work hard for my kids. I respect women. Ask me questions." The above is a given, all men should being doing this. You didn't say you love your wife so, I take it you're divorced and you do the best for your kids, as all fathers should already be doing. Real men are dying off this planet and its the way this world is going. Men used to have a code of honor and duty. They treated women with respect like holding doors, taking their hat off in their presence, tipping their hat when approached by one, letting them go first, walking on the outside of the sidewalk to protect the lady their with, never spoke an unkind word especially swearing in their presence, etc. Now days, its a lot of texting communication, dry, non-verb, not face to face so you can "hide" behind the cell phone. I've seen grown men spend hours on video games instead of interacting with the family. Real men are dying off and women are learning to accept this is how it is. Women that I know don't want to be cared by a man, but want to be equal, independent, "you can't tell me what I can do" attitude. Real men, where are they? Look at the way men dress now. Doctors dress too casual, business men have no suit or ties, even sneakers, really? Heck, men going to church in T-shirt and shorts like their on vacation. Real men...no, not many left.

Well, to do all those things is seen as archaic.. And, as you stated, the culture has told us that women don't want our help. That may be true, but it's sad to me that simple courtesy and being a gentleman is seen as somehow condescending, when it's actually rooted in respect. . So, with that shift in thinking, it's no wonder that the younger generation has abandoned those gestures. I, for one, have done my best to resist this trend and will continue to do all those things, regardless of what society says (when I remember). .Oh, and I also love my mom.

Agreed. I still open a door for others, try to smile and say "Hello" to people. Say "Sir" or "Ma'am" in specific situations, etc. Nothing showing respect and courtesy, not only to someone you are or may be involved with, but others as well.

The interesting part about all of it though, is that some of the more nostalgiac things of men from back in the 1920-50's era are coming back.
    Do real men actually eat whole fruits? I can't recall seeing a dude eat a whole apple, peel and eat an orange or banana, etc. What about berries? or grapes?

I generally do. I won't eat the apple core, or peels of oranges or bananas. But, I do enjoy various fruits. I just don't have them very often due to diet.

On that note, I'll admit I own a juicer as well. But, it is rarely used since I prefer whole fruits. When it does get used is if fruits go beyond a certain point of ripeness but are still good. Then, I'll juice them and enjoy 100% natural fruit juice.
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Do real men actually eat whole fruits? I can't recall seeing a dude eat a whole apple, peel and eat an orange or banana, etc. What about berries? or grapes?

Yes they do. I had an apple and some fresh cherries (now in season) today.

You may not see them 'out on the street' for any number of reasons:
    A varied selection of fresh fruit is rarely available at restaurants, especially fast food places.
    Many people (men & women) are addicted to junk food in the workplace.
    And some, myself included, like a quiet 'alone' place to have lunch or a snack; away from the yacking crowd.

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

I do, i eat lots of fruits. I generally leave the bananas for my kids but I make frozen fruit smoothies all the time
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    Your a dweeb, not a man.

Are jerks real men?

Nope
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ..... just curious as to what would provoke such a random post/insult ?

*shrug

(don't worry, I'm not spending too much time or energy trying to figure it out)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sorry @kinetixtrainer2, your services are no longer needed (sorry if I stole any thunder, but you still got plenty left)
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,157 Member
    Options
    Sorry @kinetixtrainer2, your services are no longer needed (sorry if I stole any thunder, but you still got plenty left)

What did I miss?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

What did I miss?

Nothing:3
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sorry kinetixtrainer2, your services are no longer needed (sorry if I stole any thunder, but you still got plenty left)

What did I miss?

I squashed all the ladies of MFPs hopes and dreams. They wanted to see you in action.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Do real men love cats?
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Do real men love cats?

If they live in the garage
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Do real men love cats?

Some do.

Honestly real men come in all shapes and sizes and they like different things and different people and live different lives but they have things in common.

A real man doesn’t prey on others
    A real man uses his status to build people up and not to break them down
    A real man has a kind heart and it shows in how he treats others and how he interacts.
    A real man helps when it’s inconvenient
    A real man gives when it’s hard(shush you guys)
    Most important a real man is so full of love he can’t help but to let it overflow

Good definition. Whats a real woman?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Do real men love cats?

Some do.

Honestly real men come in all shapes and sizes and they like different things and different people and live different lives but they have things in common.

A real man has a kind heart and it shows in how he treats others and how he interacts.
    Most important a real man is so full of love he can’t help but to let it overflow

I dunno boobs?

Jkjk

Probably pretty similar to the other one
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Do real men love cats?

Some do.

I dunno boobs?

Jkjk

Probably pretty similar to the other one

But, what if they're bolt-ons?
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Do real men love cats?

Some do.

Well put!
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    Do real men love cats?

Some do.

This makes me wanna cry
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Do real men love cats?

Some do.

I like this.. beautiful! !