Sugar Addict

Options
I will do so well for two weeks or so... then boom, the cravings... I try to fight them. It’s literally the behavior you see in someone quit smoking or drug. I never realized how addicted to sugar I was until I just keep failing and going on binge eating moments of sugary things!

Replies

• MamaNess2018
    MamaNess2018 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I understand. I regularly eat sugar candy (like sour patch kids, etc.). I try to limit myself, I know it’s bad, but I crave it and give in far too often. especially because I am eating healthier meals in general and can’t be tooooo restrictive. I wonder about it just like you are now
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    I found it helpful to eat at least 3 fruit servings daily, and minimize sweets that were less nutrient dense for a while (not necessarily eliminate them entirely). After a while, a lot of the simpler sweets started tasting way too sweet, and way too simple - not worth their calories.

This doesn't work for everyone, but I've "talked" with others here for whom it worked well, too, so it may be worth a try.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I found it helpful to eat at least 3 fruit servings daily, and minimize sweets that were less nutrient dense for a while (not necessarily eliminate them entirely). After a while, a lot of the simpler sweets started tasting way too sweet, and way too simple - not worth their calories.

This doesn't work for everyone, but I've "talked" with others here for whom it worked well, too, so it may be worth a try.

Another vote for more fruit. I don't enjoy peppermint patties anymore - they taste too sweet now.

@GirlMomOf3 if these cravings consistently happen ever two weeks or so, it is probably related to your cycle. I exercise more so I can eat more around ovulation and I up my calories to maintenance for a few days premenstrually.

My "sugar cravings" premenstrually were just my body telling me my metabolism had revved up and wanted more calories. In fact, increased appetite is the first sign that I am premenstrual.
  • winnies733
    winnies733 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    GirlMomOf3 wrote: »
    I will do so well for two weeks or so... then boom, the cravings... I try to fight them. It’s literally the behavior you see in someone quit smoking or drug. I never realized how addicted to sugar I was until I just keep failing and going on binge eating moments of sugary things!