"Who wants to be a hot mom?!" Group 1 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Alicia! I'm hitting it hard this week, so far I've stayed under my calories and have drank a gallon of water both yesterday and today :bigsmile:
    The scale is gonna move!
  • med79
    Options
    Holy Cow! I think this water thing is working b/c I weighed myself this morning (yes, I'm one of those crazy people who weigh themselves every morning) and I'm down 4 pounds so far this week. Amazing! and oh soooo cool!!
    Come on ladies! Let's do this thing :drinker:
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, 8/8 Weigh-In

aJusp.png

It's been an interesting week, ladies! Three groups gained weight this week. I guess we can take comfort in knowing we're not alone, but it's time to re-focus and remember that every day counts!

I'd like to give a special shout-out to Group 5, who only had 3 members weighing in, but they lost a total of 8.2 pounds! WAY TO GO! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thanks for showing us how it's done.

Group 4 is also the leader of the pack. ALL members checked in this week, making them the ONLY group whose members have checked in every week since the challenge started. They also have the biggest numbers in total weight loss and % to GW. WAY TO GO!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I've decided to stop tracking Group 6, since no members have checked in since July. There also are a handful of other members who haven't checked in since week 1. If the group captains decide to stop tracking them, let me know, as those numbers are effecting your "% to GW" group numbers.

Let's go, Hot Moms!!
    -- Future Hot Mamas – Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control
  • Glamazon90
    Glamazon90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I hope all is going well with you ladies. I just reached my 10lb mark. Pretty happy about that.
    tumblr_lpucsnGOj11qmnngeo1_500.jpg
  • med79
    Options
    Whooo! Hoooo!!! That's awesome!! Congratulations :)
    How is everyone doing? I hope all is going well with you ladies. I just reached my 10lb mark. Pretty happy about that.
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Not doing so well. Weighed myself yesterday morning (a day early) saw I had a 3 pound weight gain for the week. Thought it was possibly from too much sodium the night before so I down over a gallon of water yesterday and got back on the scale this morning. The 3 pounds is still on there. I did start Chalean Extreme last week, I wouldn't think I'd have 3 pounds of muscle gain in just 1 week, but I don't think my eating was that terrible either. I did burn well over 4000 calories working out last week too. Oh well, just going to have to get over it and move on and really be strict this week, which will be really hard considering it's our local county fair starting wednesday and we take our kids about every day. I will still be getting my workouts in and will watch what & how much I'm eating. Hope you're not too upset with me!
  • Glamazon90
    Glamazon90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Whooo! Hoooo!!! That's awesome!! Congratulations :)

Thank you!!!
  • med79
    Options
    It's ok Alicia, don't even think for a second that anyone is upset with you! We're in this for the long haul and it's going to take time. I know it can be extremely frustrating and you may even feel like quitting, but please stick with it and we'll get through this together. Just take it one day at a time and the results will show. You got this girl!
    In it for the long haul,
    Marie :)
    Not doing so well. Weighed myself yesterday morning (a day early) saw I had a 3 pound weight gain for the week. Thought it was possibly from too much sodium the night before so I down over a gallon of water yesterday and got back on the scale this morning. The 3 pounds is still on there. I did start Chalean Extreme last week, I wouldn't think I'd have 3 pounds of muscle gain in just 1 week, but I don't think my eating was that terrible either. I did burn well over 4000 calories working out last week too. Oh well, just going to have to get over it and move on and really be strict this week, which will be really hard considering it's our local county fair starting wednesday and we take our kids about every day. I will still be getting my workouts in and will watch what & how much I'm eating. Hope you're not too upset with me!
  • med79
    Options
    Drum roll please.....Week 4 results!
    Z4NLA.jpg
  • med79
    Options
    Great job ladies! Something we all need to remember is that this is a journey, not a sprint, and I know it can be frustrating but just take it one day at a time and work on making changes that will last a lifetime. We'll get through this together! I'm not stopping, not ever...We're gonna be those ladies posting the 100+ pound loss pics someday. I just know it :wink:
    Let's hit it hard and drink that water :drinker:
    Love,
    Marie :bigsmile:
  • med79
    Options
    ok, so ksutte inspired me to move my butt today :smile:
    I got out and walked around the park after dinner with my daughter while my son was at tae kwon do this evening :)
    normally I would just sit and watch him do his tae kwon do and attempt to keep my 2 year old daughter occupied....
    This was so much better!
    Thanks ksutte!!
  • helena98
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, 8/15 Weigh-In

We’ve “whittled” down our numbers, ladies! We started out with 74 members on July 18. Now, 4 weeks later, we are down to 60. A couple of group captains dropped inactive members (those who haven’t checked in for 2 or more weeks). One member is also celebrating a pregnancy and is no longer being tracked.

Check out our weekly update below:
    Hm60F.png

No group gains this week, and that’s a large improvement from last week! Yay, Hot Moms!!

This chart is SO condensed that it’s difficult to see the personal progress members are making. After 4 weeks, I thought it would be helpful to provide some performance feedback. Let’s use these numbers to better understand where we are and to help us get to where we want to be.

First, let’s recognize the 16 moms who are on track to reach their 12/31/11 goal weights. (Chart organized by group #.)
    hp8bb.png

Special Shout-Out to :flowerforyou: swimmom2 :flowerforyou: for reaching 50% already! You’re half-way there!!

There are also 19 moms who are 50-97% towards their 12/31/11 goal weights. Here they are below:
    grdIj.png

That leaves us with 25 moms who are 0-49% towards their 12/31/11 goal weights. No reason to list them – they know who they are. :tongue: This includes me, Hot Moms.

To give you my numbers, my SW was 199.0, and I have lost a grand total of 1.8 lbs since July 18. If I continue down this path, I will lose a total of 10.4 lbs by December 31, which is only 28% of the weight I need to lose to reach my GW. Considering this feedback, I have 2 options: (1) Change my 12/31/11 GW to 188.6 so I can be on track to reach my GW, or (2) Kick it up a notch, eat clean, exercise hard, and start losing more than a pound a week so that I can get to my original 12/31/11 GW. For me, I choose option 2. These past 4 weeks were hard, due to family outings and sickness, so I’m hopeful my numbers will improve. I recognize that there are just under 20 weeks left in the year. I only need to lose 1.6 lbs a week to obtain my GW, so I believe it’s still possible; therefore, my GW stays the same (for now).

Now take a moment to review your numbers. Are you on track? If not, do you want to adjust your 12/31/11 GW? If yes, don’t sweat it! It’s all about using this feedback to help you get where you want to be. Remember, there is no such thing as failure – only feedback; only results.

Let's go, Hot Moms!!
    -- Random Rambling Hot Moms (Closed)
    Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control
    Group 10
  • med79
    Options
    Just checking in to see how everyone is doing so far this week. School is starting for a lot of us so take advantage of some extra alone time and find something active to do...a walk in the park, a bike ride through town, or a few extra jogs up and down the stairs in the house :) it doesn't matter what it is as long as you're moving :):):)
  • vold94
    Options
    I've got to confess that I've kinda taken it easy this week. After the 3 pound weight gain last week, although I don't think it was actually weight, I was a little discouraged along with having a very hectic weekly schedule this week. Alot of back to schoo appointments for the kids, different job interviews for myself not to mention the local county fair starting. I've decided to kinda slack this week, although I'm still going to have 4 days of exercise in for the week. I haven't just been shoving everything into my face, but I haven't been very strict wtih myself either, I'm trying moderation! We'll see what the scale says on Monday! I'm also going to start Chalean Extreme over on Sunday, since I've taken a break this week. Thought about just starting week 2 over, but I was wondering if the longer break I took would suppress my results, so I'm just starting the whole thing over. I will also be hitting the gym again and turbo kick class on tuesday night and maybe thursday night too. So I will get back on track, but I have to change my goal weight for December 31, 2011 as I will never make 150 pounds by then. Will message you Med 79 with what i'd like to change my goal weight to. Thank you all for your support, I definitely need it! By all means, I am not giving up on my life transformation, I guess you could say I'm just taking a detour temporarily!
  • rkoontz
    rkoontz Posts: 75
    Options
    Starting the 17 Day Diet today. So far breakfast went well. 40 ozs of water down so far. I remained the same weight for the past two weeks. Finally this morning I am weighing in at 229.5. I am still hoping that I can reach my goal weight of 200. I was beginning to worry that I would not, but there is hope again. Did an hour and 45 minute walk at the park with hubby and friends yesterday afternoon. Felt so good.

It is so wonderful to have this group of support so that when we slip we have the encouragement to get back on track. You can do it vold94. @ all the Hot Moms we can all do this.
  • helena98
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, Week 5 (8/22)

Hello, Hot Moms!! Check out the weekly stats below.

qhTOD.png

Another interesting week! Sometimes we lose together, and we gain together.

Here's a quick summary of the past 5 weeks.

UdhQl.png

We have fewer and fewer members reporting each week, and as a result, our weekly weigh-ins are suffering. We seem to have lost that Week 1 & Week 2 momentum, where each group saw BIG numbers. Now we're not even averaging a 1/2 lb per member weekly weight loss!

pwL5w.png

Many of us had end of the summer barbecues, as well as school start days for our kids. Life's been busy, and our schedules are changing. It's time to regroup and refocus!

TQ2oo.png

Let's make this week our new "Week 1." Jump in with the same GUNG HO you had 5 weeks ago!

We can do this, HOT MOMS!!
  • vold94
    Options
    Come on team 1 we can do it. I know myself included have been struggling with busy schedules due to school getting ready to start, but I'm jumping back on board this week to get myself motivated. I know we can do it. If you need somebody to talk to, feel free to message me!

Alicia
  • med79
    Options
    Here's our week 5 results. Sorry it's so late ladies, our house server was down last night and was extremely slow this morning.
    I'm sorry I gained :sad: I had a few drinks with friends this weekend and apparently my body can't handle alcohol....
    Back on track for week 6!
    4Zp8N.jpg
  • med79
    Options
    Come on team 1 we can do it. I know myself included have been struggling with busy schedules due to school getting ready to start, but I'm jumping back on board this week to get myself motivated. I know we can do it. If you need somebody to talk to, feel free to message me!

Alicia
    Thanks for the words of encouragement Alicia! I couldn't agree with you more!! I know this is one of the reasons I've never been successful loosing weight long term is b/c I get wrapped up in my busy schedule and I end up putting myself on the back burner. Thanks for the reminder to bring myself back to the front of the stove :happy:
    :heart: Marie
  • vold94
    Options
    @Med79: I too have let schedules and stress get the best of me. I am soooo a stress eater, which is a main reason why I've gotten as big as I have. I am reallly trying to do other things now when I'm stressed rather than running to food. I know that food may make me feel better while I'm eating it, but when I finish I feel terrible about what I've done. Plus it doesn't solve the problem that is making me stressed to begin with. I now try either taking a walk, going to the gym, even taking a hot shower helps! Sometimes I just have my husband give me a big bear hug! I am really wanting to get my habits into check so I never get back up to this weight again! We will do this together!