Ask a real man....

Options

Replies

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    1st date ideas? Meet at the house or meet halfway?

Mutual interests are best. Comedy club, etc. Unless you know them well, I say meet them there for safety reasons. Otherwise, if you already know one another, then I see no issues with picking one person up from the home and driving there together. Makes for good conversation.

I did not see being picked/dropped off @my home for a date as a compliment, until now.

Agree @conversation. People always assume we'd been dating a lot longer because of our rapport. CA traffic allows for A LOT of getting to know you moments.

While I have no issues if whoever I'm dating drives. I generally prefer to drive there as it gives the person I'm with a chance to unwind, and not have to worry about the road. To me, it's a small gesture to them, similar to opening a car door.

CA traffic does allow for a lot of roadway conversations. Especially if you're stuck anywhere on the 5 (including 805/405) around LA or San Diego. But, sometimes that's the best times to have conversations

As someone who always has to be the driver, because the other half won’t, I appreciate this sentiment.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    How do you get a "real" mans attention? Asking for a friend...
    You need a sign.... poster board or cardboard even, red spray paint. “ATTENTION” in big red letters
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    How do you get a man to fold the laundry?
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    How do you get a "real" mans attention? Asking for a friend...

My friend told me the bright red lip stick and hot “teacher” glasses work every time...
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    @CaptainFantastic01 - Does a man get tired of receiving too many texts daily, even from a woman he likes?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @CaptainFantastic01 - Does a man get tired of receiving too many texts daily, even from a woman he likes?

Depends on the quality of the content I guess

You ask
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    Options

If the laundry is naked it’ll get folded real quick
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    So many reasonable questions, so many ridiculous answers.....

Answer them for us, Sir
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

Answer them for us, Sir

Fair enough, for starters......

Q. How do you get a man to fold the laundry?
    A. Like a normal person. You shouldn't HAVE to ask. When he has free time, he does it. Just like you.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

Answer them for us, Sir

A. Like a normal person. You shouldn't HAVE to ask. When he has free time, he does it. Just like you.

Asking was not a ridiculous answer ya goon lol i folded all the laundry when I was married, but if it’s not in his routine or his mind to fold it then just ask

I did give a couple silly answers but I have tried to be serious for some of it
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

Answer them for us, Sir

Asking was not a ridiculous answer ya goon lol i folded all the laundry when I was married, but if it’s not in his routine or his mind to fold it then just ask

GOON?! I'll have you know that I am a Goonie, Sir.
  • deweese7717
    deweese7717 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Answer them for us, Sir

How about....when he does fold the laundry on some unexpected occasion, reward him with a little candy shop action and that man will become the most laundry folding son of a xxxx you have ever seen. He’ll do the laundry just to fold the crap
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    The both of you are some fantabulously awesome "real men" and mostly gentlemen too :)

Lol
    Or... I don't know... maybe he should just fold the damn laundry because he lives in the same f@#king house and it's his chore too. Also, he's an adult and not a damn toddler.

Don’t reward adult men for doing chores around the house. Gross. I’m with you.

Answer them for us, Sir

GOON?! I'll have you know that I am a Goonie, Sir.

ib89tx1q44oo.gif
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Real men don't have to talk about how much of a real man they are

I mean they might if their junk is small, kinda like having a big truck or being mean to girls
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options

Answer them for us, Sir

Here's the thing though...some women are super picky about how the laundry is folded, or how the dishes are done or <insert household chore here>. No matter what you do as a real man, those women will give you a hard time for doing it WRONG and then eventually the guy gives up. I know so many couples like this. Not me and Mr Sugar, but a large number of my friends. Mr Sugar folds the clothes differently than I like, but as long as he helps out once in a while I keep my trap shut. :)
  • BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing though...some women are super picky about how the laundry is folded, or how the dishes are done or <insert household chore here>. No matter what you do as a real man, those women will give you a hard time for doing it WRONG and then eventually the guy gives up. I know so many couples like this. Not me and Mr Sugar, but a large number of my friends. Mr Sugar folds the clothes differently than I like, but as long as he helps out once in a while I keep my trap shut. :)

Since I am the one who does all the cooking, cleaning, dishes and laundry then my wife doesn't get to complain. If she tries I just give her "the look" and walk away.
  • BrSpiritus
    Options
    I mean they might if their junk is small, kinda like having a big truck or being mean to girls

Big truck and mean to girls? That describes over half the men in my town.
  • BrSpiritus
    Options
    Or... I don't know... maybe he should just fold the damn laundry because he lives in the same f@#king house and it's his chore too. Also, he's an adult and not a damn toddler.

EDIT: Why is it when a man does a chore, it requires some sort of trophy or acknowledgment?.... Do you live there? Do you eat off those plates? Do you walk on those floors? Do you attribute to those bills? Do you dirty those clothes?

Shut up and do your part.

Angry much? Part of it is because many men are just big kids who need affirmation from mommy. The other part is there are plenty of women who take advantage of a self starter man to sit on their can and contribute nothing to the household.