smilum65
smilum65 Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2018 in Introduce Yourself
I am new to Keto and this app any help would be so gratefully appreciated

Replies

• js_edds
    js_edds Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here, starting Keto and trying to figure out best practices.
  • Rubyheart18
    Rubyheart18 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’m new to somewhat of a keto diet. No
    Added sugars, flours, or processed foods. Finding lots of nice ideas on Pinterest. Aiming for 50 carbsa day...that will be a new start but have been *Clean eating for two weeks.
  • psucarrierae
    psucarrierae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a keto cheater eater. I try to be low carb high fat/protein, but I'm not too hard on myself. Been eating well on and off for about a year, and lost 70 pounds (post pregnancy). Feeling good, but stuck in a plateau. Hoping that the keto group I joined online will give me some tricks. Hello everyone!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Welcome, newbies!

Keto won't guarantee weight loss, so I suggest learning to use the app properly so you know how many calories you need to eat.

The "Helpful Posts" announcement topics at the top of the forums in Community have excellent information about using MFP.

Here's the link to getting started:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

I’m new to somewhat of a keto diet. No
    Added sugars, flours, or processed foods. Finding lots of nice ideas on Pinterest. Aiming for 50 carbsa day...that will be a new start but have been *Clean eating for two weeks.

That sounds really complicated. Keto has many rules. "Processed" can mean anything. So can "clean eating".

If you find it all gets too difficult, you'll be pleased to know you can eat whatever you love in moderation within your calorie limit to lose weight and be healthy.

The general Food Pyramid is a good guide, and allows around 20% of treats. That's how I lost 80 lbs and have kept it off for over 2 years and never had to follow any diets. I eat roughly 55% carbs, 35% fat, and 15% protein. I'm the healthiest I've ever been, and ran a 50 km run (31 miles) last month at the age of 51.
  • kysr8rgal
    kysr8rgal Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Similarly, I'm also new to keto. My son turned me onto it. Have used this app off and on for years, so I find it really helpful to track the carb/fat/protein ratio. I did purchase a rather extensive cookbook, if anyone wants to trade recipes.
  • Re_Banana
    Re_Banana Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I've been doing keep for about 7 weeks or so. Make sure you check out the keto page here on my fitness pal for resources and support. I've also found the keto sub reddit to be a wealth of information and inspiration.
    You can feel free to add me, I have an open food diary.