Long Difficult Road from 270-155

mhoilett21
mhoilett21 Posts: 7 Member
edited July 2018 in Success Stories
Hello all,

It was a long difficult journey and one that I constantly struggle with. I have a blog that has become very therapeutic because I get to write about my struggles and successes and all things related to my journey, emotional, physical, and mental. Now I'm just really looking to discuss with other people who share the same struggles, successes, and goals that I had and have.

Now I'm trying to gain muscle to get rid of some excess skin and it's one big mind warp, because I need to eat more, but mentally don't want to.

Before:
x9vsjozo1syr.jpg
q6ub1v9235jy.jpg

After:
3ko3bfn89e4q.jpg
tl307diox8lv.jpg

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Congrats - it may have been a long and hard journey but it is worth it :)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Well done! You look amazing.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    WOAH!! That's amazing! Big congratulations to you :)
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    That's awesome. Congratulations!
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Well done!!!
  • mhoilett21
    mhoilett21 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank all of you I do appreciate it. Lots of hard work.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Congrats! You look great!
  • flyygal
    flyygal Posts: 37 Member
    You look amazing. 👏🏿
  • bobbimrn
    bobbimrn Posts: 74 Member
    Great job! You’ll do whatever you need to accomplish this next goal. Congrats!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Wow! Congrats on an amazing transformation!

I know what you mean about not wanting to eat more when you reached your goal. What worked for me was slowing increasing my calories, not moving from my deficit to maintenance overnight. That seemed to help me with my transition mentally. I just didn't want all the weight to come back!

Wishing you continued success!
  • shedsports10
    shedsports10 Posts: 39 Member
    Awesome job👍
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Amazing!!!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    What were your biggest challenges?
    By the way....you changed your life and look like a different person! Wow!!!
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Good for you! You must feel proud to know you stayed with your healthy lifestyle thru holidays and other occasions when some people abandon their 's. I know it's a one-day-at-a-time approach and looking at your pics its evident you're walking the journey of 10000 steps one at a time. Wtg!!! Keep on keeping on!
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    You look fantastic!!
  • refugeefromkekistan
    refugeefromkekistan Posts: 48 Member
    mhoilett21 wrote: »
    I need to eat more, but mentally don't want to.

Isn't that an amazing part of the journey, the shift in thinking, in outlook and your daily living? Inspiring transformation!
  • jbuck1326
    jbuck1326 Posts: 3 Member
    Great job! Very inspiring. I started around the same weight. What is your height?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Outstanding. You look like you feel wonderful, too.
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Fantastic!!! You look amazing! I’m interested in your struggles as well—and how you fought back. You have done great things!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!