Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• allycat0715
    allycat0715 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Allison and I love your community on here! I hope to participate enough to be a part of it. 😊
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

@allycat0715 -- Welcome!

@jo and moody-- great job on your plank times!!

@dallas-- we all have rough patches--like you said, back on track!! :smile:

@michelle-- great loss this week!!

@sam-- no worries about the weekly challenges; they are optional. Nice loss this week!!

AFM-- I made my plank goal of one minute and I'm going to keep at it even though it won't be our focus for the week. Speaking of which... What do we want the challenge to be for this week? Should we do a nutrition challenge? Since we all have different dietary needs, we could personalize. For example, mine would be to eat 100 g of protein 5/7 days. Other people might want to work on eating more fiber, vegetables, fruits, etc. Or people could choose to limit sodium, sugar, carbs, etc.

Let me know what you guys think of this or if you have other ideas. :smiley:

Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/30- 7/6 challenge focus
    Increase plank time--how I did:
    6/30= 40 seconds; 7/1= 48 seconds; 7/2= 50 seconds; 7/3= 42 seconds; 7/4= 55 seconds; 7/5= X seconds; 7/6= 60 seconds

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6- 194.4
    July 13-
    July 20-
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -7.2
    Total weight lost: 52.6
  • deputyderp
    deputyderp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound -- great job on hitting 60 seconds on that plank! Nutrition sounds good to me.
    Name: Dallas
    Height: 6'0"
    Highest Weight: 353 (Feb 2017)
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 313.3
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 287

July 07- 301.7
    July 08-
    July 09-
    July 10-
    July 11-
    July 12-
    July 13-

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -11.6
    Total weight lost: 51.3
    7/07-7/13 challenge focus: Nutrition!
    Increase fruit/veggie intake--how I did:

7/07= servings | 7/08= servings | 7/09= servings
    7/10= servings | 7/11= servings | 7/12= servings | 7/13= servings
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I will go with a fruit/ veg serving goal.

I put time in at the gym and the garden today to offset the party I'm going to tonight. I refuse to log or feel guilty tonight, its the only time of year i eat Jello shots. Mindful eating is my plan.
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

I put time in at the gym and the garden today to offset the party I'm going to tonight. I refuse to log or feel guilty tonight, its the only time of year i eat Jello shots. Mindful eating is my plan.

I think mindful eating is a brilliant plan and I wish I had that confidence to release the fear of not logging. Especially if it’s for an event or a party (which in my life don’t happen very often so it’s okay to indulge then, I think!) you’d want to enjoy it, not stress.

Hope you enjoyed the party!
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    rosileem wrote: »

I think mindful eating is a brilliant plan and I wish I had that confidence to release the fear of not logging. Especially if it’s for an event or a party (which in my life don’t happen very often so it’s okay to indulge then, I think!) you’d want to enjoy it, not stress.

Hope you enjoyed the party!

Thank you! I did enjoy the party. :) I wore a flirty dress I bought last month (it's looser!) and leggings underneath in a smaller size. My inlaws really outdid themselves this year. They always do this huge fireworks display, rumor has it they spent 3 grand this year. You could tell! It lasted an hour!

I had one plate of savory (hot dog, hamburger, 1 scoop of pasta salad and 1 handful of cheetos) and 1 plate of fruit and desserts (1 scoop of banana pudding, brownie, 1 spoonful of fruit dip and assorted melon and pineapple.) I went back later for a second hot dog and a treat I didn't see on my first pass through (it was like no bake cheesecake but whipped in texture and fruity.)

In the past, I would have just grazed all day or gone back for more of all of it, plus had one soda after another. I had one jello shot of each color (they were 2 oz cups,) and said no when my SIL just started leaving us the trays full of them. I had 1 boozy drink (henry's hard cherry cola) and less than half an Angry Orchard. It didn't taste right, and If it's not good, don't waste the calories! The water the rest of the night.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Name: jo
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 340
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 280
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 265

Nutrition Challenge- remember to take my vitamins

June 1- 280
    June 29- 275

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -5

• DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Deb
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: This round: 295 (January 16, 2018)
    Start Weight (June 2, 2018): 255.6
    Goal Weight (June 30, 2018): 247.6
    Actual Weight (June 30, 2018): 248.8
    Goal Weight (July 31, 2018): 240.8

June 8- 253.4
    June 15- 253.8
    June 23- 252.4
    June 30- 248.8
    July 8- 251.8 I’ve been struggling with hunger. When it goes on for days, I don’t cope well. I can handle a few hours. I also have not been pre prepping my lunches and dinners, but I got the items I need from the grocery store and will get back on the wagon.
    July 13-
    July 20 -
    July 27 -
    July 31-

Weight -/+ this week: +3.0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.8
    Total weight lost: 43.2
    83125515.png
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I wrote a really long comment and deleted it by accident. Hi, my name is Ginger. I am a 47 yr old female who is 5'2. I joined mfp back in 2011 and lost 45 lbs. Then life happened, as life does, and I stopped. I started at I believe 230 lbs. I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and was put on a medicine called Trulicity. Since then, I started at 214 lbs. I now weigh 199.8 lbs. I really really need more friends with open diaries. Mine is open and I am an open book. I am married with a 28 yr old son. I am committed to logging in eveyday. I work a desk job 40 hrs a week. I do not get much exercise but plan on changing that. I love the Lord and give Him the glory for any successes I have. I do struggle....everyday. I hope to receive some friend requests. I will return the support 😘 Thx for reading!
  • RoxanneTarver
    RoxanneTarver Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Please feel free to add me! I am here for support and to also support others 😃
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new folks!

I decided that rather than shoot for a certain number of grams of protein (which is what I usually do), I would focus on raising the percentage of calories from protein. Looking over the past two week, I hover around 20-22% protein with my best day at 24%. Therefore, my goal this week is to do better than 23% for 5/7 days. Yesterday and today were both under 23%, so really, I'm looking at hitting the mark for the next 5/5 days.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/30- 7/6 challenge focus
    Nutrition = 5/7 days > 23% of calories from protein--how I did:

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6- 194.4
    July 13-
    July 20-
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -7.2
    Total weight lost: 52.6
  • _Shelly_Belly_
    _Shelly_Belly_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I’ve been struggling with hunger. When it goes on for days, I don’t cope well. I can handle a few hours. I also have not been pre prepping my lunches and dinners, but I got the items I need from the grocery store and will get back on the wagon.

I totally understand and can relate. I know I have only been with this group since June, but I have been struggling for much longer. I weighed 215.6 lbs (my lowest in years) on 4/27/2018, but ever since then, I have struggled. Before that, I was consistently loosing weight for almost a year. I don't know exactly what flipped the switch for me, but I think mine is more mental than anything. However, I'm glad to hear you are working on getting back on track. The key is when you fall off to get back on! :)
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options

I’ve been struggling with hunger. When it goes on for days, I don’t cope well. I can handle a few hours. I also have not been pre prepping my lunches and dinners, but I got the items I need from the grocery store and will get back on the wagon.

I totally understand and can relate. I know I have only been with this group since June, but I have been struggling for much longer. I weighed 215.6 lbs (my lowest in years) on 4/27/2018, but ever since then, I have struggled. Before that, I was consistently loosing weight for almost a year. I don't know exactly what flipped the switch for me, but I think mine is more mental than anything. However, I'm glad to hear you are working on getting back on track. The key is when you fall off to get back on! :)

The key is when you fall off to get back on! This. So much. I don't allow my transient feelings to derail me. If I am discouraged, I voice it and move on. I do the same when I'm excited over a nice loss.
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    Im 2 for 3 on the nutrition challenge. Forgot my vitamins yesterday 🙄.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options

I have heard before from some other dieting friends that and increase in healthy fats can help this.
  • HufflePuffleShuffle
    HufflePuffleShuffle Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Team,

I'm feeling down heartened after a difficult 2 months that has led me to gain 12lb of the 56lb I've lost since January. Anyway, I'm back on it and motivated again. I've decided to try a personal 8 week challenge: lose 20lb and exercise 4 times per week.

Looking forward to getting support from you all and supporting you in return :)
    I'm happy for anyone to add me

29yr old, 5ft8, female, from the UK
    SW: 270
    CW: 226 (down to 214 5/5/18)
    Short term goal: 206 by 3/8/18
    GW: 150-155lb

• thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Super Summer Slimdown B)
    Name: Charlotte
    Height: 5’2"
    Highest Weight: 245
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 194.6
    Goal Weight (August 1, 2018): 185

June 11: 191.9
    June 17:
    June 24:
    July 1: 191.4
    July 10: 191.1

Weight -/+ this week: =.3
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.5
    Total weight lost: -54

• kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I'm back from vacation in the wilderness (with absolutely zero cell service!) It was a refreshing time away with no technology (or counting calories). I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread and getting the summer slimdown stats updated- hope you'll all forgive my absence and neglect this past 12 days. :wink:

As for my own progress, I thought surely with the heat and sweating and how dang hard the all the hiking was that I would be down in weight when we got home despite what I was eating...ha!!! Annoyed at the gain, but whatever- I'm back and glad to be on the wagon with you all again. :)
  • allycat0715
    allycat0715 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to start the slimdown if it's half way through?
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    Is it too late to start the slimdown if it's half way through?

Its ok! I just started a couple weeks ago. People jump in and out all the time.