What’s been something you have been struggling with on your weight loss journey?

Options
123457»

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    KWebb84MFP wrote: »
    ...but I also plan to give up alcohol. Ever since having my baby, my tolerance is shot. The depressive effects of alcohol are also greatly increased. I struggle with depression and anxiety, so I don't need anything to make that worse in an already stressful time (new mom, new job, money is tight, etc.). SweetPotatoSoul on YouTube talked about having Kombucha instead of alcohol to get the same "essence" of a cocktail and I'm looking forward to trying that.

I am giving this serious consideration. Since logging my food I have been inadvertently logging the effects of one or 2 drinks in my head the next day when I realise I suddenly don't feel like working out - then the next day I feel down cos I haven't worked out and still don't particularly feel like it. Bad cycle mentally begins.
    I don't drink an awful lot, but 2 beers can make me feel like that the next day.

Think I just need to decide who I want to be - do I want to keep up the fitness properly and regularly or do I want to drink beer and go through these cycles......is beer worth it..........thinking about the cash savings may help my brain too!

Virgin cocktails are amazing. The best mojito of my life had no alcohol haha
    Hope you find ones that are as good to replace it! :D

• Thisyearismyyear
    Thisyearismyyear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Eating out too often and drinking water.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    teranga79 wrote: »
    . . . It's not that I want a biscuit, or a piece of cake.....it's that I want a couple of packets of biscuits, etc. It's like what I'm craving isn't the food itself, but the feeling of just mindlessly stuffing it in and not worrying about the consequences. . . Just wish I could stop thinking like this.

Wow, you hit the nail on the head for me LOL! That is why I refuse to buy the stuff or bring it in my house. For me, one is never enough and it is a VERY slippery slope.

• dunkind45
    dunkind45 Posts: 110 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Social eating and counting calories when going to a buffet, right now my recent issue has been exercising. :( And drinking the right amount of water.
  • sirenserenade
    sirenserenade Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The past few months have been really strange. My appetite seems almost out of control. The first time I did a calorie restriction two years ago, I lost 30lb. I don't remember it ever being a struggle, and I don't recall willpower and appetite being an issue.

This time, though, it's different. I want to lose another 8lb, but my appetite/satiety is getting in the way. Say, if I have a protein shake and an apple for breakfast (about 200 calories), I'll be hungry again in an hour or two, which leads to binges. This has been problematic because, obviously, I am trying to reduce my calories and so my meals are smaller and lower calorie (a salad for lunch for example). This time around, the calorie restriction is leaving my appetite unsatisfied which makes me prone to binging. As soon as I get just a little hungry, I can't stop thinking about food and when I can eat my next meal.

At first I thought it was a case of bad cravings and willpower, but I've been tinkering around with my diet and I find if I eat a HUGE meal until I'm stuffed (not just "satisfied"), I'm usually fine. For example, this morning I had 1 cup of cottage cheese sprinkled with granola, a large/venti coffee from Starbucks, and 3 small homemade banana muffins (which are very dense and filling). That's a lot of food! I planned this into my day- it's about 600 calories... I ate all that about 5 hours ago and I'm STILL FULL!!! Finally... After several weeks of struggling with this, I think I figured out that I need to just eat bigger meals.

I wonder why my appetite is so different this time around though. It's been a frustrating 2 months of dealing with this, and I'm still not sure if my success today is going to last...
  • keel_ashley
    keel_ashley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The WEEKEND...I can workout twice a day during the week, eat really well but on the weekend..... I face defeat. Smh
  • drbeanie2000
    drbeanie2000 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Travel. It's so hard to control my food when I'm eating out most of the time! I do try to log things but - man. 9-day trip coming up!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I do well eating moderately most of the day and have been using MFP to track calories but have a hard time at the end of the day. I really should not be hungry but I think I have a tendency to "reward" myself and then going over the number of calories for the day.
  • anwade01
    anwade01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Recovering from being an emotional eater
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Getting disheartened and giving up, it was never in my nature but seems to be like that with weight loss, doesn’t help I genuinely love food and cooking
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Accepting that fluctuations happen, and trying to stay positive about it.

I know my general trend is downwards, but when I've had a couple of really good days, it's always a bummer when the scale reads higher. And then I have a not so good day, and the scales shoot back down again. I know that it's more complicated than that, day to day, but it's always mildly disheartening.