THE Team - Week 2 - 2/13/09

Options

Replies

• gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been drinking my water and journaling my calories! I did 30 mins of taebo ultimate bootcamp and a yoga quickie session this morning at 6 a.m. :-) Studying hard core- like 10 hours a day- til Friday's test! Have a great week. I may be too busy to post but I'll still squeeze in time for workouts!

Good luck this week!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,998 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed Valentines and the Daytona 500 (oh, maybe the race was just me....:blushing: )

adopt4 – Isn’t that the BEST when you get into “regular” sizes again?
    That was a huge motivator for me. :flowerforyou:

.idea.gif
    renayeb and lacijae – Rewarding yourself with food is what got you to being overweight.

~Reward yourself with something NON-Food related. New shoes, or clothes, or a purse or jewelry.

~Sign up for some fun activity or learn a craft you always wanted to learn.

~Better yet - an activity that burns cals like dance or SCUBA or a bike ride

I have a cranky 3 year old in my lap so I can't type much LOL. Anyway, I'm proud of myself. Last night I ran 30 min and walked 35. Tonight I've already ran 40 :noway: and now the kids are hungry LOL. I'm going to feed them supper and walk another 30 min.

I measured today and have lost 2 inches from my waist in 3 weeks :smile:

OH my new goal... no fries for 21 days. they are my weakness and I'm going to destroy them LOL
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    ~Reward yourself with something NON-Food related. New shoes, or clothes, or a purse or jewelry.

~Sign up for some fun activity or learn a craft you always wanted to learn.

~Better yet - an activity that burns cals like dance or SCUBA or a bike ride

Amen CM... already plannin on rewarding myself with a deep tissue massage once I hit the 20# mark. Which will probably be sometime next month at this rate. I loves me a goooooooooood massage!! We even have a school here that offers $25 1 hour massages from thier students. Every time Ive gone, they have been great! Its definitely a rewarding and great way to relax and love that body you've been sweating and workin in!! Pamper yourself and love your new you! You deserve it!!

Other idea's:
    Manicure
    Pedicure
    New hair cut
    New hair color
    New cosmetics
    Different MP3 Workout music
    Different workout video

Keep it simple, I myself dont deprive myself, I sneak little tidbits of goodies now and then when I want it but I ALWAYS log every bite which keeps me in check when I do it. For example.. Im a chocoholic. Always have been, always will be. I still eat it a couple times a week but have changed the type and what I eat. I never used to drink ANY milk. Hate the stuff! BUT now I add a little sugar free choc syrup and lowfat milk and Im hitting 2 birds with 1 stone... choc fix and milk intake! I do that at least once a day. Ya have to find things that work for you so you dont feel deprived.

Stay away from the greasy deep fried stuff. It will make you feel like crap after eating healthy for a while, which is what it should do, since it really isnt good for you once its been deep fried!! Your better to stick with the 3 B's--> baked, broiled, or boiled, especially when it comes to things like chicken. Just because its chicken, doesnt mean its good for you when its been cooked in a vat of lard. :laugh: :laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Zano-

I got 1.5 miles done today in 22:28 during my wogging workout at the gym. My back feels GREAT! I think that yoga yesterday morning worked wonders for me.

I jogged 1/4 mile twice with about 7 minutes of walking in between. Big improvement over last week! Of course it REALLY helped that adopt4 was there talking my ear off to keep me distracted... :laugh: I wasnt saying much... just nodding and listening, but it helped ALOT and knocked almost 8 minutes off my time! yay!!!!!

Woggers unite!! :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    hi :)

I have a cranky 3 year old in my lap so I can't type much LOL. Anyway, I'm proud of myself. Last night I ran 30 min and walked 35. Tonight I've already ran 40 :noway: and now the kids are hungry LOL. I'm going to feed them supper and walk another 30 min.

I measured today and have lost 2 inches from my waist in 3 weeks :smile:

OH my new goal... no fries for 21 days. they are my weakness and I'm going to destroy them LOL

YAY Kelle!! Im so proud of you!!! That is awesome that you are running!!

Congrats on the 2" lost!! Thats amazing aint it!

And yes, banish the fries! I had to resist when I went to wendys yesterday. They smelled SO darn good, but I knew I was just hungry. I had a HUGE salad instead which was more than enough to fill me up and satisfy me. You'll feel alot better getting them off of your menu. I maybe eat fries once every 3 months now... if that.. LOL
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Yeah, someone said to me the other day - "Why have you stopped eating potatoes? They only have 15 cals?

First of all - they are very carb-dense. And a very small potato (100g) has 58 cals, not 15.
    She said, "Oh, I don't pay attention to carbs."

Yes, carbs from veggies are not AS BAD. But other veggies don't have as many carbs (12g in that 100g potato)

Unfortunately, carbs lead to my wanting MORE carbs, :frown: The other thing with potatoes is they tend to get served with "stuff"

I find I like a baked potato with fat free yogurt and salsa. Yums.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I find I like a baked potato with fat free yogurt and salsa. Yums.

Wow, now that sounds like an interesting combo! Maybe I'll give that a shot. Do you use plain or vanilla yogi? Greek or lowfat? Im assuming your trying to replace the sour cream right? I couldnt imagine using blueberry yogi on a potato... :laugh: :laugh: :sick:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I only eat potatoes when they are mixed with other root veggies (like I am currently roasting for dinner and it smells yummy!). I chop up a few red potatoes, a sweet potato, a yam, toss in some baby carrots, one sliced yellow onion, sprinkle in some rosemary and a dash of seasoning salt. Then I drizzle some olive oil over it, toss and bake at 350-375 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until they are browned.

I could take or leave potatoes. If I could feel the same way about chocolate and pasta that I do about potatoes - well, I wouldn't be needing this website! :laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Hey, I found this site called weightview.com that does a virtual nip & tuck with real picture of you and its free!! They take your picture and show you what you might look like after losing 10, 20 or 50 pounds.

This new profile pic is me at my goal weight of 175. Im a bit to embarassed to post the original photo up there also... maybe after I lose more but for now the before photo is just grossing me out.. LOL!

I'll stick with the nipped photo for motivation! Gonna stick it on the fridge :bigsmile:
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    Oh wow, losingit.. that's amazing :)
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I do like my taters gang. I slice them into eighths then oven roast them with a little olive oil and Concord potato seasoning or McCormick potato seasoning and they are just like home fries mmmmmmmmmm. I also like a baked potato with salsa and yogurt - the plain greek tastes just like sour cream to me - or I like it with just salsa or sometimes with a little bbq sause or steak sauce - much much better than butter!:love: .

Everyone is doing so great - you all make me proud to be amongst ya!:bigsmile:
  • andersonchristineg
    Options
    I hope you all enjoyed Valentines and the Daytona 500 (oh, maybe the race was just me....:blushing: )

NASCAR! I didn't get to see the race but I read up on the highlights afterward. Not a good start for all the leaders! Edwards is my driver :) He went and got a different sponsor so now all my Office Depot bright red gear is outdated :( Oh well, I'll just have to buy more.
    Who are you routing for?
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    losingit - i'm soooo gonna try the "make me skinny" website! What a fun thing to do - and I'm so glad you told me that's what you had done, cuz I was gonna think you had serious body image issues if you thought that body need to lose a buncha weight!!:tongue:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hey, I found this site called weightview.com that does a virtual nip & tuck with real picture of you and its free!! They take your picture and show you what you might look like after losing 10, 20 or 50 pounds.

This new profile pic is me at my goal weight of 175. Im a bit to embarassed to post the original photo up there also... maybe after I lose more but for now the before photo is just grossing me out.. LOL!

I'll stick with the nipped photo for motivation! Gonna stick it on the fridge :bigsmile:

I am on the website now.. It looks really nifty.. I must now find a picture, honestly I don't have one.. I am off to take a self portrait...
  • adamk0324
    Options
    just summitted my pic so we ill see what happens i am excited
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    losingit - i'm soooo gonna try the "make me skinny" website! What a fun thing to do - and I'm so glad you told me that's what you had done, cuz I was gonna think you had serious body image issues if you thought that body need to lose a buncha weight!!:tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Lulu.. i know right?? I was like HOLY COW!!! I was actually that thin 7 years ago??? Funny thing is, Im not sure how low I can go. 175 for me at 6' tall is thin. That was back when I was hiking (not just walking) 3-5 miles A DAY! no wonder I dropped it so fast back then. Im aiming for the 175 cuz i know my body is capable and if I look like that once all this extra flubber hits the road, I will be thrilled!

Anyway.. enjoy the website. Its a hoot to get a glimpse. I cant wait for my kids to see it on the fridge when they get home tomorrow. They are gonna flip :bigsmile:

I'll post the original photo, monster fat roll and all, when I post my 2 month photo in a few weeks. Im taking a new pic once a month so I can see progress as I go. A side shot of me wearing that same outfit (same day) is in my blog as a comparison to day 1 on this new lifestyle. I can see a couple changes, the biggest being in my posture.
  • cmriverside
    Options

NASCAR! I didn't get to see the race but I read up on the highlights afterward. Not a good start for all the leaders! Edwards is my driver :) He went and got a different sponsor so now all my Office Depot bright red gear is outdated :( Oh well, I'll just have to buy more.
    Who are you routing for?

talladega1.jpg
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Zano-

I got 1.5 miles done today in 22:28 during my wogging workout at the gym. My back feels GREAT! I think that yoga yesterday morning worked wonders for me.

I jogged 1/4 mile twice with about 7 minutes of walking in between. Big improvement over last week! Of course it REALLY helped that adopt4 was there talking my ear off to keep me distracted... :laugh: I wasnt saying much... just nodding and listening, but it helped ALOT and knocked almost 8 minutes off my time! yay!!!!!

Li4G, I'm really glad your back feels better, that was a scary fall you had. Fantastic job with the wogging, I got in my hour wog, including a .5 mi jog around the track. I'm still doing the weekly challenge (journal, drink, and exercise).
    PrayerfulMom, wow your workouts are inspiring!
    Hows everyone else doing on this weeks challenge?
    Have a great day!...Zano
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Zano-

Li4G, I'm really glad your back feels better, that was a scary fall you had. Fantastic job with the wogging, I got in my hour wog, including a .5 mi jog around the track. I'm still doing the weekly challenge (journal, drink, and exercise).
    PrayerfulMom, wow your workouts are inspiring!
    Hows everyone else doing on this weeks challenge?
    Have a great day!...Zano