Whats your go to snack?

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    I keep a variety of nuts on hand for the occasional snack. I’m also currently obsessed with Jeff’s Natural Olives; the feta stuffed olives are my favorite.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Nuts
    Fruit
    Hummus with veggies
    Cottage cheese
    Meat and cheese roll ups
  • janeo150
    janeo150 Posts: 11 Member
    In this 100 plus degree heat, my favorite snack is original ice popscicles! 40 calories each and so cold.
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    Almonds, baby carrots, and Goldfish crackers.
  • Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2018
    Low-fat popcorn, 100 calories per bag!!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I just baked 37kcal brownies (google), though they came in at around 60kcal per piece. I just don't know how to deal with cups, and how much a cup actually is. They might be nice inbetween snacks though.
  • julie_bee_123
    julie_bee_123 Posts: 25 Member
    If I just want to eat to eat, (not because I'm starving) I like the 100 calorie bags of popcorn, especially the Kettle Corn flavor.

And for my nightly "dessert" I buy the Chobani flip yogurts. I like the s'mores, cookies and cream, and mint chocolate chip flavors.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited July 2018
    yirara wrote: »
    I just baked 37kcal brownies (google), though they came in at around 60kcal per piece. I just don't know how to deal with cups, and how much a cup actually is. They might be nice inbetween snacks though.

Baking is essentially chemistry so accurate quantities are important. Most baking recipes have a weight instead of or in addition to a volume. Is this not the case with your recipe? You should always use the given weight rather than the volume.

If there is no weight given, I would start with 250g for a cup as this is what a cup of something “weighs” without taking the density into account. Excess or shortages of specific ingredients will have different effects on the results https://ueat.utoronto.ca/baking-ingredients-function/ Adjust the ingredient(s) you are unsure of depending on your result. Hope this helps :)
  • emilyhultin
    emilyhultin Posts: 38 Member
    i like to eat one apple and 2 medium sized carrots for a snack! it takes awhile to eat so it feels like you’re getting more food then you actually are, and it’s nutritious!
  • gethealthygetthin
    gethealthygetthin Posts: 5 Member
    Chocolate chia seed pudding with flavorless bone broth protein powder in it. I put a little peanut butter on the bottom of the dish & then pour the chocolate pudding on top. Very filling & tasty & gives that boost that’s needed in the afternoon. 👍🏻👍🏻😁😁
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    hroderick wrote: »
    watermelon

I eat too much watermelon sometimes. If you flip though my diary you will find several days over 500 grams. Wednesday I had 700g of watermelon and 12 oz of fresh pineapple with lunch. Anyone who thinks you can't get fat on fruit can take lessons from me. Actually, I am in maintenance and make it fit now, but I have had days where 1000 calories came from fruit.
    I almost bought a watermelon today because it was a ridiculously good price for an enormous melon and I LOVE watermelon. It was the same price for a full-size melon that I usually pay for a personal size one.

I had to have a Very Stern Conversation with myself, reminding me that I am single and I could not possibly fit all that watermelon in before it was no longer edible. But it was a very near thing. I went for the .99/lb strawberries and the rainier cherries instead.

Man, I love fruit.

I have not seen what I would call a true full sized watermelon this year. I have had some really good mid sized ones. Peaches are currently very good here (NC and I think they are SC or GA peaches). At lunch, I have walked to the grocery store, bought a pound of strawberries and finished them before I got back to the office. I wouldn't let that melon go bad.

Fruit makes me really healthy because I have to walk or paddle for miles to fit it in. Today it was brownies, though. But I kayaked 9 miles in a 10' rec kayak. Exercise is my eraser, but I am getting really fit.
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    Depends on the season/ time of year. Now: cherries! I eat nearly a pound per day. I also have pre-weighed baggies of various nuts. They're so delicious and nutritious but insanely calorie dense so I have to be very careful.
  • MixedbarbieMOM1991
    MixedbarbieMOM1991 Posts: 43 Member
    If I just want to eat to eat, (not because I'm starving) I like the 100 calorie bags of popcorn, especially the Kettle Corn flavor.

And for my nightly "dessert" I buy the Chobani flip yogurts. I like the s'mores, cookies and cream, and mint chocolate chip flavors.

I tried the mint chocolate chip last night loved it.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    nuts
    cherries
    grapes
    special k bars

that's about it
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    My favorites are cottage cheese with cinnamon and Truvia nectar, plain Greek yogurt with berries and Truvia nectar, or rice cakes with PB2.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited July 2018
    Blueberries, raspberries, pickled beetroot, fage fat free Greek yogurt
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    When I am craving salt, I eat pickles. When I am craving sweets, I will eat a little piece of chocolate or some strawberries and cream.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    1 serving Stauffer's Animal Crackers with 1 serving Kirkland Unsalted Fancy Whole Cashews or Mixed Nuts (290 or 280 calories total). I eat them one at a time, savoring each bite. Savory, sweet. Savory, sweet.
  • premiumhoney
    premiumhoney Posts: 11 Member
    Sugar free fudge pops !!!