Water or Coke? This is crazy! Must read!

Options

Replies

• hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    interesting responses....but regardless. I'm still going to have my diet coke as an occasional treat, yep it's that addicting!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    bump! Thanks for the post, sure it is a fantastic read. Must save for later!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We used to think that coke stripped car paint, until one day one spilled and surprise. Its not true.
    Thanks for the fun list anyway.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I think the important thing is that I am no longer going to be able to enjoy the nice cold glass of bull semen that I like to start my day with.

*sigh*

I prefer mine warm with my bedtime snack.
  • Hernandezedw
    Options

You saw that too, huh? Aren't people supposed to cite their sources of false information?
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    HA.. I'm still tempted to go out and buy a can to see if it will get rid of my hardwater stains in my bathroom. :smile:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I use WATER to clean all kinds off stuff. Cow poo from the trailer, nasty dishes, the ooky gutters.....
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Should I admit that i read this whole discussion while drinking my Coke Zero? Oh wait . . .
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    HA.. I'm still tempted to go out and buy a can to see if it will get rid of my hardwater stains in my bathroom. :smile:

I was actually thinking the same thing. There's this one spot I can't make go away. :laugh:
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Is it wrong that the only thing I got out of this is that I now want to bake a ham with coke and see if it's good?

Oh it is! Tried a Nigella Lawson recipe and it was absolutely delicious!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    For those of you that are talking about how it is false I've done the nail one(leave a nail in a can of coke for a few days). And if you will do it too you will never touch the stuff again.

you do realize that ketchup is just as corrosive... have you stopped eating that as well?

as a matter of fact.. yes... but only because of the sugar and salt in it.
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the list.

The problem with drinking coke, or soda pop is that we consume too much of it and there is high fructose corn syrup/sugar, but this is my opinion. I stopped drinking it because I knew I couldn't stop with just one serving, I would want to drink more. I often bought and drank 2 liter size soft drinks at one sitting. To me, it was an addiction I didn't want to give up until my body finally said hello to type 2 diabetes (it wasn't purely soft drinks, but I attribute a lot of it to soda pop).

I learned that diabetes medication and my diabetes education counselor allowed me/encouraged me to continue drinking diet pop. I learned that medication wasn't the answer and that it was what I put into my body was--because the diabetes mediation will not cure you and only push your pancreas to work harder (not all drugs but some do), I decided to change my eating habits to reverse diabetes.

Sugary pop, is no longer an option for me to maintain good health.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    My dentist's kids have all done science projects at school on the effects of soda on teeth.
    A tooth placed in well water fairs better than most town sources, and the tooth placed in soda is very rotten. That's proof enough for me! I have personally used soda on corroded battery terminals and it worked, but i think we used Sprite to avoid the caramel coloring smell I think? I know I was taught to use Sprite. Oh, and I have an awesome recipe for slow cooker ribs cooked with Dr Pepper :laugh:
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Love it! Can't wait to show my fiance. He loves Coke.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I have dissolved a nail in coke before and we clean battery acid all the time with coke. Not a wives tales, plain truth.
  • losing_4_life
    losing_4_life Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So an old wive's tale - the entire list is bogus.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

That list is so old, and so fake, its got an entry on snopes.com - the site that debunks internet email messages, etc.

Nice research. I did wonder where she got her information. Thanks for posting.
  • nanegan
    nanegan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am an avid Diet Coke drinker, 54 years young - just had my bone density test - at the top of the scale - all on a 6 pack of Diet Coke daily.
  • julk_1212
    julk_1212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I read the websites provided on the snopes stuff. I think it is fairley funny that they have the EXACT same lines as this post.
    Also if anyone has ever taken statistics you know that they can easitly be twisted. Also correlation doesn't equal causation.

EXAMPLE:

Did you know that eating pickles will kill you!?!!!
    100% of people born in 1900 who ate pickles are dead!
    Out of all the people who have cancer 99% of them have eaten pickles!!!!

You get my point lol
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    So an old wive's tale - the entire list is bogus.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

That list is so old, and so fake, its got an entry on snopes.com - the site that debunks internet email messages, etc.

I loooove snopes!! I wish more people would consult with it before posting nonsense..
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    More proof that people will belive just about anything you tell them :laugh:
    and no drinking a ton of coke is not good for you,but haveing known a few highway patrol they do not carry it around to clean up blood,but OMG OMG its on the internet so it must be true.
    Did you know that the acid in your stomach will eat through carpet?
    Ive also put a meat in coke for a science class 2 weeks later we had soggy rotten meat lol
    But for the love of all that is good stay away from the pop rocks when you drink it because your stomach will explode!!!!!!!

This is why I like you.

Me too!!