Help with giant panda nutrition

Okay, I can not for the life of me figure out what giant pandas nutrition is. I had a small honey walnut shrimp, no sides, just a small container of the shrimp. Every single place (pandas website, mfp, google sites) all day 3.7oz is 360 cals, but I didn't bring my dang food scale with me to the restaurant! How can they not have it labeled based on sizes? Someone with better search skills, please help me.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    This is when you have to guess and hope that you are close to being right and move on. The thing is 3.7oz of food is not much of a meal it is more like a snack. If I were going to guess from the picture I would log it as 2 servings but those are ad and menu pictures which can be staged to look like more.
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    This is when you have to guess and hope that you are close to being right and move on. The thing is 3.7oz of food is not much of a meal it is more like a snack. If I were going to guess from the picture I would log it as 2 servings but those are ad and menu pictures which can be staged to look like more.

It was a snack haha! It's like the best shrimp ever so I was trying to have it in moderation and am just worried about correctly logging it. I usually fail at this because my "one cheat" turns into a cheat month and I'm back at square one. That's the only reason I'm being a little crazy about it.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Next time, count how many shrimp you have. I'd estimate each shrimp (coated and sauced) is about 80 calories.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    I opened this expecting someone eating a panda! Lol

I thought it was going to be about the proper macro balance to put your panda to help it conserve muscle mass while losing weight.

I thought it was a new plant based diet where you eat like a giant panda.

That's what I was expecting too :joy:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

It was a snack haha! It's like the best shrimp ever so I was trying to have it in moderation and am just worried about correctly logging it. I usually fail at this because my "one cheat" turns into a cheat month and I'm back at square one. That's the only reason I'm being a little crazy about it.

Shrimp is a cheat?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    I opened this expecting someone eating a panda! Lol

I thought it was going to be about the proper macro balance to put your panda to help it conserve muscle mass while losing weight.

I thought it was a new plant based diet where you eat like a giant panda.

Yet I was thinking a diet that consisted of bamboo.....
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    I went back and forth between wondering if the OP wanted to eat like a giant panda, or was trying to figure out how to feed a giant panda. :D

Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to read the post.
  • NovusDies

Then you shouldn't consider it cheating anymore. Food guilt is counter-productive to a diet. A calorie is a calorie so just make whatever you want to eat fit inside your calorie budget. There are a number of ways this can be done creatively but one of the easiest is to view your calories by the week instead of strictly by the day and banking unused calories from previous days.
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member

Shrimp is a cheat?

Shrimp that is coated and fried and is 1000 calories would be considered a cheat for me yes. I was eating in moderation and trying to fit it in my calories, which would not make it a cheat, but not finding actual calories for it is what was bothering me. I went there with the intention of making it not a cheat and have to guess at the number of calories which can be hugely inaccurate.
  • TavistockToad

Shrimp is a cheat?

Shrimp that is coated and fried and is 1000 calories would be considered a cheat for me yes. I was eating in moderation and trying to fit it in my calories, which would not make it a cheat, but not finding actual calories for it is what was bothering me. I went there with the intention of making it not a cheat and have to guess at the number of calories which can be hugely inaccurate.

so it wasn't 360 cals then?
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    What makes you think 360cals is wrong?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    1. I also love this thread title. Open to so many interpretations!
    2. You've gotten a lot of good advice, OP. I hope you can take it to heart. Sometimes logging is as much art as science. At the end of the day, even if it WAS 1000 calories, that alone would be hardly a blip on the radar.
  • NovusDies
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    You rang?

20160906panda_1280x720.jpg

Awwww... it looks so delicious!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    What makes you think 360cals is wrong?

This. If it's a small serving size, 360 calories doesn't seem that far off base.
  • TavistockToad
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    You rang?

20160906panda_1280x720.jpg

Awwww... it looks so delicious!

what are the macros like?