Cheat days or excuses

Options
I am a firm believer that “cheat meals” are necessary. Personally for me they cut down on a lot of cravings. In the same breath I feel it is an excuse because there are major healthy recipes that substitute just about every “unhealthy recipe” BUT nothing like that favorite brownie or favorite scoop of ice cream 😩😩 What do you think are cheat days necessary or an excuse to eat unhealthy?

Replies

• bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I think that sometimes you just have to live a little.
  • ColorMe_Beautiful24
    ColorMe_Beautiful24 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I agree the strict regimen makes me not want to eat healthy😞I definitely support cheat days
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have never had a cheat day, so i don't think they are necessary.

i fit things like ice cream or brownies into my daily or weekly calories.
  • ColorMe_Beautiful24
    Options
    Same! I do a cheat meal and indulge in my favorite dessert or high calorie breakfast I typically stay within my calorie goal
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Same! I do a cheat meal and indulge in my favorite dessert or high calorie breakfast I typically stay within my calorie goal

so what makes it 'cheating'?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    stop thinking of things as healthy or unhealthy and then you're not 'cheating' on anything. eating a brownie doesn't negate the nutritional value of everything else you've eaten that day?
  • ColorMe_Beautiful24
    Options

It not providing the nutritious value🤷🏾‍♀️
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Choose to eat maintenance or below and being flexible on calorie choices is not cheating.

Call your cheat day something else and planning for it is not cheating.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

stop thinking of things as healthy or unhealthy and then you're not 'cheating' on anything. eating a brownie doesn't negate the nutritional value of everything else you've eaten that day?

• ColorMe_Beautiful24
    Options
    I like that🤔it takes the guilt of feeling like I’m doing something wrong🤗 I will name them “guilt free nummies”
  • ColorMe_Beautiful24
    Options

Thank you for that 😊
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I like that🤔it takes the guilt of feeling like I’m doing something wrong🤗 I will name them “guilt free nummies”

or just call them food...
  • ColorMe_Beautiful24
    Options

or just call them food...
    😂 that too
  • ColorMe_Beautiful24
    Options
    What’s a cheat meal
    A meal in which you indulge in your guilty pleasures!
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have done away with the whole idea of cheat meals and days. In my past efforts I have tried that and it always just lead to a downhill slope. Because I would realize that what I was going, but cutting out all of my indulgences, was not a realistic way for me to live the rest of my life and I would give up. Now, I just allow myself to have what ever I want, maybe just less of it. I wanted pizza with my family the other night, so I had one slice and a salad instead of eating half a large pizza. I wanted to pig out in 4th of July, so I ate very very light through the day so I could enjoy all the bbq. Now, I am still loosing weight consistently, but I don’t feel like I am depriving myself.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

But it makes you happy, and you enjoy it.... There's more to good health than eating nutritious food.
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I’m eating pizza with real crust, not the cauliflower alternative.