Silicone wedding bands

Options
2»

Replies

• krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who replied, yes they're for working out, specifically my husband is getting into ninja training and doesn't want to get hurt or damage his ring.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Very common with the military as well. No fear of losing or getting a ring snagged on gear and causing an injury.

I have a Bondwell brand, but there are several 5* rated brands out there.

• SSpeakes
    SSpeakes Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both have Thunderfit that I ordered from Amazon. I prefer the thin rings and the brighter colors. He prefers the thicker ones and has several different colors as well. We both kept forgetting to put our bands back on after lifting and jiu jitsu. These did the trick. I'd suggest ordering a half size smaller than you wear bc they do stretch a little.
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    SSpeakes wrote: »
    My husband and I both have Thunderfit that I ordered from Amazon. I prefer the thin rings and the brighter colors. He prefers the thicker ones and has several different colors as well. We both kept forgetting to put our bands back on after lifting and jiu jitsu. These did the trick. I'd suggest ordering a half size smaller than you wear bc they do stretch a little.

That's the brand I was learning toward! Thanks!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    This has been discussed before on here and if still makes no sense to me. I just take mine off.
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    This has been discussed before on here and if still makes no sense to me. I just take mine off.

Every piece of jewelery I've taken off at the gym, I've lost. Not at the gym really, but just in the transition of it all.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I bought cheap ones off Amazon for both me and my husband. Wearing my wedding band while lifting was getting uncomfortable. I like to wear my ring though. I didn't want to worry about damaging it.

Then I lost weight, now my wedding ring will need resizing. I now wear the silicone band in front of my wedding ring when I wear it, because it is so loose it wriggles. I wear the grey one for that.

For the same price, DH got 3 or 4 in two shades of grey, black and white. I paid for 5, got 7 - including bright pink, purple, green, and the same four neutral shades DH got. Same company, same price.

I believe they are honorgear brand, or something.
  • smeebles
    smeebles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a few groovelife rings. Hardly notice it’s there and they have a lifetime warranty that covers basically anything
  • plythacur
    plythacur Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So I don’t have any advice for the OPs question since I don’t use them, but I just wanted to support NEVER wearing metal rings when you are lifting weights. All you need to see is one image of a “degloved” hand or finger torsion to understand why metal rings and lifting don’t mix. If you are worried about losing your rings, I keep mine attached to a caribiner clip that is attached to my keys while I workout. I can’t leave without my keys so I never risk leaving my ring behind either.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    krazy1sbk wrote: »
    Does anyone have a favorite brand they recommend? My brother uses qalo, but I've seen several on Amazon for a lot less $$. Is there really a difference?

Also my husband would like other color options besides 3 shades of gray that the men's rings tend to offer, any suggestions?

Thanks!

I've had Qalo and I recently bought a cheap set from Walmart. I cannot tell the difference. The Walmart set was less than $5 and they had a ton of different colors.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I just remembered where I got mine! $3.49 The gold is really nice.

https://www.scottsmarketplace.com/store/the-locked-box-boutique/product/1o5ey0
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    rose2_0 wrote: »

Every piece of jewelery I've taken off at the gym, I've lost. Not at the gym really, but just in the transition of it all.

What’s the difference between taking off your wedding band and putting on a silicon ring vs taking it off and not putting something else on? Why is one more prone to loss?
    (Obviously you can do whatever you want, just curios.)

Some people say wearing s fake ring makes them feel more loyal to spouse or prevents people from flirting with them at the gym. SMH

• Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    rose2_0 wrote: »

What’s the difference between taking off your wedding band and putting on a silicon ring vs taking it off and not putting something else on? Why is one more prone to loss?
    (Obviously you can do whatever you want, just curios.)

Some people say wearing s fake ring makes them feel more loyal to spouse or prevents people from flirting with them at the gym. SMH

I take it off at home and put it someplace safe...vs taking it off at the gym.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    nevermind.