Women over 50 with injuries/exercise limitations

Options
Problems:
Knee injury
Shoulder injury
Thyroid disease
Love sugar!
I need to really get on a plan that I can do with a multiple dietary requests in my family.
One eating pescatarian but cant eat fish every day. And eats junk.
Other will eat chicken now but he has diverticulitis and wont eat red meat anymore.
Me....I dont eat alot, I eat slow, and love to exercise but cant do certain things. Housework is becoming a problem.
Need to lose 30-50 pounds

Replies

• chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I have 2 bad knees that need knee replacement and both feet have problems like one had achilles surgery but still hurts. I just try and get as many steps as I can do but mostly work on my diet try to keep calories at or around what im supposed to eat. With your family do what I do a lot of days I eat different from my husband its a little bit of work but it can be done.
  • knitbarb3
    knitbarb3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I feel like we could be the same person (I am about to be 48 though lol) We can do this!! It may be uphill, but we can!
  • elliejayneday132
    elliejayneday132 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm not 50! But I have a knee injury and I'm looking for a good plan to use
  • grwardlaw
    grwardlaw Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for your input and inspirational commentary that it can be done. I hope we can share our journeys here. I'm not sure of all the tools here and how to keep in touch but I hope to try harder
  • grwardlaw
    Options
    Hmm.my posts arent making it on here. Not sure why. I'll tryagain tomorrow
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Are you using emoticons? They may be crashing the response.
  • grwardlaw
    Options
    No....maybe it's because I am replying not posting?
  • grwardlaw
    Options
    Yay! I'm down 1 pound this week! 2 days I was not logging either. Plus 2 days I went way over calories! Do you think trying to do the faster weight loss is a bad idea? 1200 calories vs 1500? I was hoping to try 1200 and if I go over some I wont beat myself up. If I do 1500 I probably will over eat all the time and since I am not able to do vigorous exercise I cant count that as calories out. Suggestions and advice welcome. Still learning how to.use this community.
  • grwardlaw
    Options
    Jgnatca....I dont know how to reply to your post on the Venn diagram. But just realized you did that! Thank you and hope you get my message!
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Nope, no messages but nice to see you posting on your thread!
  • grwardlaw
    Options
    Had a bad night of stomach pains. Didnt eat anything til nearly 2pm. Went over calories because of the crackers I had to eat to get the pain to stop. Anyway there is always tomorrow. I stayed under 1500. Its ok.. Happy 4th yall!
  • jgnatca
    Options
    The crackers were important. Good to see you didn’t beat yourself up.
  • grwardlaw
    Options
    Going to regret today.....2.88 miles, 3.0 mph, 7100 steps in 1 hour. Knee is throbbing! Orthopedic is putting me in Physical therapy pre surgery. Hoping I can prolong it. May want to rethink.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    What are you rethinking; surgery or overdoing it? Are you using RICE on that knee?
  • FreshStart54
    FreshStart54 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Bad knees and diabetic. Blood sugar is out of control.In order to have knee surgery I must lose 100 lbs and of course get my blood sugar stabilized. Would help if I could walk more.but I've begun to shuffle,barely lifting my feet due to knee pain. I've joined the Y. Now if I can make it to the pool...
  • sharonedix
    sharonedix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    To each of you ,life has issues, lol I have issues . However to each of you I hear a determination not to give up that is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing apart of you with each of us. Fill free to add me .. i would love new feiends with a desire to grow change and overcome