Catfishing on MFP

Replies

• Teamleslie
    Teamleslie Posts: 112 Member
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    Actually just learned of and confirmed a catfish here the other day. Pretty sad.

I’m a full on catfish 😂

I knew it! You are wayyy to fine to be real.

Dang it! I’m busted. You know catfishing is truly awful when there’s a reality show about it.

I admit, it’s a guilty pleasure. And Nev is :love:

I love Max <3<3 I watch for the pleasure of seeing him

Likewise!
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    I work at a bank and one of our customers is obviously being catfished. His Facebook page shows he recently "got married" to some super hot chick with a generic name like Sarah Jones who lives out in California. He's been sending money to someone several times a month out of his account. Poor guy won't believe it's not real.

Is this even proper to share about a customer?

Obviously I would never share names of a customer or even where I work.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    I work at a bank and one of our customers is obviously being catfished. His Facebook page shows he recently "got married" to some super hot chick with a generic name like Sarah Jones who lives out in California. He's been sending money to someone several times a month out of his account. Poor guy won't believe it's not real.

Why did she share his personal details so anyone would know who he is? Jeez lighten up.
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member

You/the bank may need to call APS to look into this and check whether he needs help. Sounds like exploitation and he's not connecting the dots.
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited July 2018
    Jax2120 wrote: »

Why did she share his personal details so anyone would know who he is? Jeez lighten up.

It’s a question, not a matter of lightening up. In many lines of work that I’ve been in, this could be a violation of patient privacy, esp. the mentioning of Facebook and such, noting that more than one person may know who this man may be, which could embarrass the patient.
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »

As long as she doesn’t give personal details I think it’s ok

Fair enough but what if the customer is on MFP too?

I think the embarrassment here will be nothing compared to what's coming his way.....

I was already done after this comment btw.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Thanks guys, I have been binge watching catfish for two days thanks to this thread.
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    OMG is he the guy with the abs out and a baseball cap and sweatpants! From Utah? He added me. I told him I’m married, he said he was too. Then proceeded to ask me about my best features and size of my boobs!
    I see he’s added lots of girls over the past hour too! I called him out on it and he called me
    Rude
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Thanks guys, I have been binge watching catfish for two days thanks to this thread.

Better than binge eating catfish

True!
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    I know who you’re talking about OP. I just ignore his requests. Thankfully the messages here are broken.

Speaking of, whatever happened to the lady who said her husband was cheating on her, and asked if someone here would catfish him for her? I wonder if she ever did it....

Ohhhh, take this to the noobs thread.
  • Mrsindepenant1
    OMG is he the guy with the abs out and a baseball cap and sweatpants! From Utah? He added me. I told him I’m married, he said he was too. Then proceeded to ask me about my best features and size of my boobs!
    I see he’s added lots of girls over the past hour too! I called him out on it and he called me
    Rude

did you ever tell him your size?

asking for a friend.

I can’t remember you’ll have to ask my husband 😏

It’s definitely him though, he’s using the name burpeez_suuck
  • mustacheU2Lift
    I know who you’re talking about OP. I just ignore his requests. Thankfully the messages here are broken.

Speaking of, whatever happened to the lady who said her husband was cheating on her, and asked if someone here would catfish him for her? I wonder if she ever did it....

Ohhhh, take this to the noobs thread.

But this is the Catfish thread. Lol I don’t know what the Noobs thread is.

If we have a question about something that happened in the past...someone seems to remember.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Rude

Lol, that’d be him. Those are his favorite questions and “I’m married” is his reason for having to close his account every night and open a new one the next day. 😂
  • Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    He finally got it! Another profile picture!yt00kcau06zy.jpeg
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Rude

Lol, that’d be him. Those are his favorite questions and “I’m married” is his reason for having to close his account every night and open a new one the next day. 😂

Yup he asks the same stupid questions over & over. He called me a “Jerk” for calling him out on his BS lol! God I hope none of the ladies on here ever fall for his lies. I’m dying to know what he actually looks like 😂
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Venus_88 wrote: »
    He finally got it! Another profile picture!yt00kcau06zy.jpeg

I just asked him to change his photo and he did twice to exactly what I asked! So he’s real. Obviously just likes the ladies 🤷‍♀️

• mustacheU2Lift
    Hi ladies ;)