Catfishing on MFP

Replies

• skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Search for the thread titled "Expose the Catfish" and you'll most likely find your answer. :wink:

Weren’t we just talking about his guy!

Ha, what’d I tell you? He’s everywhere. :joy:
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    I have gotten so many requests from that same person.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    I am really not Rick's Wifey...I am really Rick cat fishing everyone!

8mz9ao7lway4.png

It's not beyond the realms of possibility. Years ago there was a guy on here that used provocative pictures of his wife to catfish guys.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    I have no idea who you guys are talking about...
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    How do people have time or energy to make multiple fake profiles?

Pretty sad, isn't it? Imagine how nice it would be to live in a world where people used that extra time and energy to do good things instead.

Are you a catfish? That's an awfully big banana you are holding... maybe too big.

Yes. Yes, I am

:'(:/
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    What do you guys have that i dont!? :'( i havent received one freaking catfish request from him....if you are reading this ;);)
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member

Pretty sad, isn't it? Imagine how nice it would be to live in a world where people used that extra time and energy to do good things instead.

Are you a catfish? That's an awfully big banana you are holding... maybe too big.

Yes. Yes, I am

I think I just found Kevin.

I have nothing to add of any value other than how much I love that Minor Threat album. Pretty sure if you liked punk/hardcore in the 80's you were obligated to own that tape.
  • Misty_1375
    I have 6 friend requests waiting. The last one, in the comment section, the guy says "Nice hair!". I almost want to accept it just for that, but I think I'll pass...lol. I declined 21 the other day. You can't tell who is real and who isn't.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    What do you guys have that i dont!? :'( i havent received one freaking catfish request from him....if you are reading this ;);)

You’re not missing out on any great prize. :joy:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    What is the point in Catfishing? Developing a relationship with a person you can never meet?

I think their hope is that the other person will begin to care enough for them that the fact that they lied, betrayed and manipulated them won’t matter.

Aren't those the same reasons people break up? I'm so glad there was no Internet when I started dating.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

Yes. Yes, I am

I think I just found Kevin.

I have nothing to add of any value other than how much I love that Minor Threat album. Pretty sure if you liked punk/hardcore in the 80's you were obligated to own that tape.

One of my favorite days in life was when I met Ian MacKaye after a Fugazi show.
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    I just had to Google "catfishing"... :|
  • Misty_1375

You aren't missing anything. It's just saving you time. You don't have to hit the decline button
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    I had a few guys message me and one was from Utah and very intense, I said I was married and happy to just be friends. It all creeped me out so much I deleted everyone. I watch that catfish show all the time and find it hard to trust people online, and I don’t see a point in people trying to catch feels with people they will probably never meet seeing as we are all from around the world 😕
  • What do you guys have that i dont!? :'( i havent received one freaking catfish request from him....if you are reading this ;);)

You can have mine, just got one from him today
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Yessssss prob the dude that does it to me too

It’s annoying