Catfishing on MFP

Replies

• DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Some people's kids...geez
  • Teamleslie
    Teamleslie Posts: 112 Member
    Yessss sweatpants and baseball cap guy from utah. He stopped talking to me last week. Im devestated............
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yeah I think this guy is on account number 25 at least since the Expose a Catfish thread was created. No telling how many before that. :grimace:
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Teamleslie wrote: »
    Yessss sweatpants and baseball cap guy from utah. He stopped talking to me last week. Im devestated............

@lstrat115 is this the one that pretended to be a girl and have a kid with cancer?
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    This is just another example of profile discrimination. I have amazing auburn hair, all my own teeth, expressive eyebrows which I can move independently!!! Does anyone catfish me...?? NO!!!
    What do you have to do round here to get noticed??
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    I am a catfishy boye
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    skctilidie wrote: »
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Search for the thread titled "Expose the Catfish" and you'll most likely find your answer. :wink:

Weren’t we just talking about his guy!

Ha, what’d I tell you? He’s everywhere. :joy:

Such a creep!!! He added me like the day after I started posting in the forums.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Yes I block him everytime he sends me a friend request
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Idk if he was a catfish but there used to be a guy on here who called his "special" gals petal and flower. He usually only talked basketball with me, but I heard he was a creep and some cam girl blasted him on here once. It was an epic day.
    I miss days like that around here. :cry:
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Idk if he was a catfish but there used to be a guy on here who called his "special" gals petal and flower. He usually only talked basketball with me, but I heard he was a creep and some cam girl blasted him on here once. It was an epic day.

Haha...i always miss the good stuff.
  • Just_Mel_
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Yes!!! Wasn't he back not all that long ago?

Was he??? I'm not on enough anymore to figure out the repeat offenders.
  • Fit4Life_79
    Fit4Life_79 Posts: 93 Member
    I now have to go read the entire expose a catfish thread. I remember a few years ago there was one person who used the picture of a fitness model. I think he was lionheart and then had another name too. I do know who the sweatpants guy is.. thought he was a catfish and I wouldn't respond to messages. Glad I got the confirmation now.
  • Just_Mel_
    I now have to go read the entire expose a catfish thread. I remember a few years ago there was one person who used the picture of a fitness model. I think he was lionheart and then had another name too. I do know who the sweatpants guy is.. thought he was a catfish and I wouldn't respond to messages. Glad I got the confirmation now.

I remember fitness model guy. He had a lot of people going for a long time on here.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Sounds very creepy & sad @ the same time people resort to this type of behavior
  • Fit4Life_79
    Fit4Life_79 Posts: 93 Member

I remember fitness model guy. He had a lot of people going for a long time on here.

He did! I was so suspicious I google image searched him.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Actually just learned of and confirmed a catfish here the other day. Pretty sad.

So weird.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Actually just learned of and confirmed a catfish here the other day. Pretty sad.

This is just so strange to me. There are so many people on here struggling with insecurities, and body issues and so on that it would seem to me to be a moot point to have to pretend to be someone else to get affections. The only reason I can see to pretend to be someone else here would be if malicious intent. That’s just awful.