Goal Weight Achieved!!! 9 months and 5 days of hard work pai

Options
reepobob
reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
This is not a "Look at me!" thread...this is a simple story of how I went from point A to point B in case what I have been able to do inspires others on this awesome site that are discouraged or struggling. This is also not an "I am awesome" thread...this is a "This is what I did, here's the proof, and this is how I got there" thread. First the pics...

Before (various recent years)...I ranged from 240 to 255 pounds...

100_3000.jpg

164.jpg

046b.jpg

Next are pictures when I first started P90X in February (spent almost 3 months doing elliptical work to get to this point)

Front-Hips.jpg

Side.jpg

Side-Twist.jpg

Below are pictures taken a little while ago...a few hours after I weighed in at my goal weight of 175 pounds...

Oblique.jpg

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Back2.jpg

Side-1.jpg

The back story...I went on a camping trip with my family around Halloween of 2010. I saw pictures of myself and I was disgusted at what I saw. I had no energy and felt like crap all of the time. When I got back from the trip, I shaved my head. It was one thing I had been kicking around for a long time...About a week later, I finally stopped THINKING about getting back on the elliptical, I actually GOT ON the darn thing and started exercising. I found MFP on my iPhone about two weeks later and started logging my calories and tracking my intake and exercise. I continued to work the elliptical and from 11/10/2010-2/19/2011, and I lost 25 pounds. I got up the nerve to try P90X and did the Lean program and graduated around May 22nd...I went from 218 down to 194. I waited two weeks and did another round of P90X on June 6th, this time Classic...I started at 189 (lost 5 pounds in the two week "downtime". At this point, I am at my goal weight of 175 with just shy of three weeks left in this latest P90X round...Yay!!!

I want to thank all of my awesome MFP friends that are uber supportive and have helped me...I particularly want to thank my co-worker and friend Kasey (she isn't on MFP, she uses Sparkpeople) who inspired me to get back on the horse...I am forever in her debt.

My next steps are to finish P90X (September 2nd), take a week off and then do Insanity starting 9/12. I need to continue to maintain my weight and shed body fat as I am still not quite there (need to shed 5-6% to get to my goal of 10% or less). I want to eventually do a P90X/Insanity Hybrid, check out P90X2 and Insanity: The Asylum, I want to do the C25K, and I am planning on participating in a Warrior Dash this next June. This is my lifestyle, not an end game.

Things I did to achieve my goal:
1. Used MFP and logged religiously...I had a "rain man moment" anytime my calories were in the red...LOL.
2. Set my macros to 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat and tried like heck to stay close to those ranges
3. Drank 14-18 glasses of water a day
4. Rarely took a workout day off...P90X is a commitment and it is serious
5. Stayed away from refined sugar, pop, fast food, in other words, CRAP!
6. Always ate back my exercise calories...my friends will tell you, that I sometimes left 1/2 a tic tac as available calories by the end of the day.
7. Tried to get AT LEAST 6-7 hours of sleep a night
8. Splurged on a "cheat day" maybe once every month or two...I kept those to a minimum and normally only during special occasions.
9. I challenged myself to do better every time I worked out...I needed to keep my body challenged so I wouldn't flat line.
10. Set my goals at 2 pounds per week until I got to 20 pounds from my goal (then set it at 1 1/2 pounds), scaled it to 1 pounds when I got 10 pounds away, and went to 1/2 pound a week when I was 5 pounds away.

Over the nine months and five days that I have been on this journey (IT'S NOT OVER!), I have averaged around 1.7 pounds per week lost with no plateau...it can be done! My thoughts are we make our own plateaus...The ten bullets above was my path to a plateau-free weight loss journey...

Good luck to anyone who reads this and is discouraged and if what I have been able to do helps someone else along in the journey, then all of the time put into writing this thread was well worth the time and effort...

By the way, I have been denying myself some serious Mexican cuisine for the last nine months...that is about to come to an end...at least for one day!

Take care, all!

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Dude! Seriously? What an awesome transformation! Great job!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    You are truely inspiring and I'm so proud you're one of my MFP friends!!!!!!
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    all i can say is WOW, you look amazing and so much younger! Congratulations and thanks for the motivation!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Thanks for all the inspiration and information.
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazing! Congratulations on your incredible journey!

mima x
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to say (which is rare :laugh: )....wow........you look amazing! Great work! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • DancezChick
    Options
    Wow you look 20 years younger!!!! Congrats :drinker: !!
  • dramaligre
    dramaligre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look awesome!!! You look so much younger too!!! Thanks for all the tips!!! Enjoy that mexican food, you derserve it!!! :)
  • dramaligre
    dramaligre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look awesome!!! You look so much younger too!!! Thanks for all the tips!!! Enjoy that mexican food, you derserve it!!! :)
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    Congratulations!! Amazing job!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Don't shortchange yourself - you ARE awesome! Thanks for the inspiration :).
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You ARE amazing. The pics didn't come through for me but just reading your history is very inspiring!
    Great job! *APPLAUSE*APPLAUSE*
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    This is not a "Look at me!" thread...this is a simple story of how I went from point A to point B in case what I have been able to do inspires others on this awesome site that are discouraged or struggling. This is also not an "I am awesome" thread...this is a "This is what I did, here's the proof, and this is how I got there" thread. First the pics...

Before (various recent years)...I ranged from 240 to 255 pounds...

Um, Bob, this SHOULD be a "Look at Me" and an "I am awesome" thread, because LOOK AT YOU! YOU ARE AWESOME. You took years off your face, along with all of those pounds.

Congratulations to you. You are inspirational! Thanks for sharing!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is really amazing. Great job!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Fantabulous results!! Congrats on all of your success! Now, go enjoy that Mexican food!!
  • buttonpop
    Options
    Congratulations. I am just getting started on my journey and appreciate that boost of motivation your story has brought me!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! I'm at 5 months and I get discouraged every so often because i don't see a huge huge difference so this is motivation for me to keep going! great job!!
  • starpi22
    starpi22 Posts: 74
    Options
    Wow, you are amazing! Thank you for the point by point of your health plan, there is some great advice here!
    Good luck to you :-)
  • likeaphoenix
    likeaphoenix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! What a great job. And your sharing of the principles you followed is VERY helpful. Enjoy a great enchilada for me!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!