Best diet?

What is the best diet that is not only going to jump start my weight loss, but will also help me maintain a healthy lifestyle and won’t hurt the pocket book?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    The one that makes you feel good physically and mentally, the one that suits your lifestyle and budget, the one that you could stick to long term

^ That one.

The one that allows you stick to your calorie goals and feel the most satisfied. The one that's reasonably balanced/nutritious and contains foods you enjoy eating. The one you can sustain with minimal effort.

Success comes from consistency and adherence - not from some fad diet you're miserable on and burn out/binge after two weeks because you can't stand it anymore.
  • thebomb4043
    thebomb4043 Posts: 32 Member
    Listen to your body
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    The one that you can stick to that helps you adhere to a calorie deficit
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    What foods do you like to cook / prepare?
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    There is no such thing as a one size fits all plan. Only snake oil sales people say that, or maybe Dr OZ. You need to decide what you are willing to follow for a lifestyle change all of the time. Anyone can lose weight. The trick is to keep it off. So really it is not a diet you are looking for it is a lifestyle change, that you can be comfortable with and stick with. Many people who have posted above me have stated this in a variety of ways, all great advice.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    A sustainable one.

I wouldn't concern yourself with this diet and that diet. I'd honestly just find healthy foods that you like and enjoy and find a way to fit them in (with some treats) to the calories/macros that MFP recommends for your goals.

Something that you enjoy and can stick to long term is the best chance for success in your goals.
  • beard_runner
    beard_runner Posts: 26 Member
    What is the best diet that is not only going to jump start my weight loss, but will also help me maintain a healthy lifestyle and won’t hurt the pocket book?

Be interested to hear the outcome on this. Im looking too!
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member

There is no best diet, all diets have been proven to be equal when it comes to fat loss. Keto does give a person a psycological boost, because they tend to lose weight fast initially, but it's because it's the water weight and glycogen they lose and not fat for the most part.

The best diet is the one that helps you with your goals.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    OP I agree with the others that the best diet is the one you can stick with, that enables you to eat at a reasonable calorie deficit and provides nutrition, satiety and enjoyment. The rest is up to you.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

Be interested to hear the outcome on this. Im looking too!

@beard_runner, have you read the responses already posted?