Off topic: Ibuprofen stops a period??

Options
13»

Replies

• G8r4evr
    G8r4evr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    mojo6812 wrote: »
    I have never heard of ibuprofen effectively stopping or reducing your flow!
    Pregnancy can do that , pcos or if you’re underweight , not eating enough or sick in some way. If your body is in repair if some sort due to trauma be it physically or mentally?

I'm convinced it stopped mine. I think it has to be a very high dose and still only has that effect on some of us.
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    G8r4evr wrote: »
    Pregnancy can do that , pcos or if you’re underweight , not eating enough or sick in some way. If your body is in repair if some sort due to trauma be it physically or mentally?

I'm convinced it stopped mine. I think it has to be a very high dose and still only has that effect on some of us.

It does stop periods. Speak to your doctor. Something to do with the inflamation. Obviously it depends on the dose your taking too. I have used it many times to reduce it when iv needed to. I was on NSAIDS for 2 years before deciding to go drug free for AS because they were really hard on my stomach.
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

It does stop periods. Speak to your doctor. Something to do with the inflamation. Obviously it depends on the dose your taking too. I have used it many times to reduce it when iv needed to. I was on NSAIDS for 2 years before deciding to go drug free for AS because they were really hard on my stomach.

Do you have to start taking it before your period starts?

God mine are miserable. And BC makes me miserable.
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    rose2_0 wrote: »

I was always on the pill anyway and I was taking it everyday for pain management but before then I would take it a couple days before hand at the highest dose and during until it was over. If I stopped or dropped the dose part way through my period it would stop working.
  • G8r4evr
    G8r4evr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    rose2_0 wrote: »

I was taking them before my period, my period started, barely, then stopped until after I finished my RX. It started at a normal glow like 2 days later. ;(