Sixers Spring Clean Challenge--Week 1

Options
Oh my gals...a NEW challenge!!! Let's do this for another six weeks (since that is what we do) so we will start tomorrow (Feb. 17) and finish at the end of March (Mar. 30). Since my goals are now rather different, I am going to leave it up to you ladies how you'd like to do this. I am going to evaluate some things and then come up with my goals. You ladies can decide how much you'd like to lose in this six week period. We should continue to weigh in on Tuesdays (and Fridays if you'd like) and post our meals and exercise plans (which I have not been very good at). SO...LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Oh my gals...a NEW challenge!!! Let's do this for another six weeks (since that is what we do) so we will start tomorrow (Feb. 17) and finish at the end of March (Mar. 30). Since my goals are now rather different, I am going to leave it up to you ladies how you'd like to do this. I am going to evaluate some things and then come up with my goals. You ladies can decide how much you'd like to lose in this six week period. We should continue to weigh in on Tuesdays (and Fridays if you'd like) and post our meals and exercise plans (which I have not been very good at). SO...LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the specific goals but I'M FINALLY IN!!! YAY! lol... I've been waiting 2 weeks to join! :bigsmile: :blushing:

See you all tomorrow!

P.S. I did taebo ultimate bootcamp this a.m.!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Nice job on the Bootcamp gonabfit!!! And what is your name? I'm Kristin and have been kinda MIA since I found out I was pregnant...so I'm still kind of behind on introductions.:blushing: Looking forward to getting to know you!!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ok, ladies, I am going to post my goals for this challenge tomorrow morning when I post my final weigh in. I am praying that the scale will be better to me tomorrow morning than it has been the past few days. I may work out a point system for myself like Deb did (I hope you don't mind, Deb). I think it might help. Love and hugs, ladies! Gonnabfit, so glad you finally get to join in!
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    hey ladies!!

bumping for tomorrow, CANNOT WAIT!!!!!
    :heart:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Oh I am SOOOOO ready for a new challenge :laugh: YAY!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    as you can tell.....(darn scale) i am so ready for this new challenge. was over a pound more than the beginning of the last challenge, dont' like that at all. heading to the gym in few.

Cathy
    SW 210.2 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 210.2 PROGRESS 0

good day ladies.....
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    Morning ladies. Here it goes!!!!!

Name Start Weight Goal Weight Current Weight +/-
    EM: 148.4 LBS 142.0 LBS 148.4 LBS 0.0 LBS
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    Name .....Start Weight...... Goal Weight....... Current Weight........ +/-
    EM.............148.4 LBS.......... 142.0 LBS............ 148.4 LBS ........0.0 LBS

sorry i didn't like how the first one looked :drinker:

PS. my water goal for the day is 5 cups (not enough, but a lot for me :smile: )
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well I am in again. My goal will be to lose 8 lbs. I am 258 right now so I want to be 250.

Connie
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning,

I hope everyone is ready for this challenge. Spring is right around the corner and we will all have to pull out our shorts and tank tops and want to look better in them this year than we did last year. I put all of our stats so far together so now when you want to post you can copy, paste, and add your stats.

I have already planned my meals for today, but must, must, must get my exercise in. I have a lot of errands to run and that uses up a lot of my energy.

Katie, I am loving this point system for getting me started on this new challenge. I hope it works out for you too. Let me know if it motivates you.:happy:

Name .....Start Weight...... Goal Weight....... Current Weight........ +/-
    EM.............148.4 LBS.......... 142.0 LBS............ 148.4 LBS ........0.0 LBS
    Cathy
    Deb
    SW 204.8
    GW 194
    CW204.8
    Progress 0.0

Have a great day:happy:
  • amylou24
    Options
    Cathy
    EM:
    SW 148.4 LBS/GW 142.0 LBS / CW 148.4 LBS PROGRESS 0.0 LBS
    Connie
    SW 258 lbs / GW 250 / CW 258 PROGRESS 0.0 lbs.
    AmyLou
    SW 153 lbs. / GW 145 lbs / CW 153 lbs. PROGRESS 0.0 lbs.

Hey all, my goal for this one is 145 which is a couple pounds less than my last goal. I've had a huge gain recently and need to get back to work!! Part of it I think is gaining muscle, but I'm not going to let that be an excuse!!!

Back later, good luck everyone!!!!
    :heart:
  • amylou24
    Options
    haha, sorry, Deb, we had the same idea at the same time!!!!

Cathy
    EM:
    Connie
    AmyLou
    Deb
    SW 204.8 lbs / GW 194 / CW204.8 lbs. Progress 0.0
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cathy
    EM:
    Connie
    AmyLou
    Deb
    SW 204.8 lbs / GW 194 / CW204.8 lbs. Progress 0.0
    Katie
    SW 172 lbs/ GW 165 lbs / CW 172 Progress +/- 0 lbs

Ok ladies, I debated what goal weight to list as 12 lbs would have been a safe goal at a 2 pound a week loss. However, I know that weight loss slows as you progress and I don't want to set myself up for failure. So I placed a goal, that I can be happy with, of one pound a week loss. So, along with that, here are my goals for this challenge:

*get in at least 64oz of water daily (the new water bottle DH got me for V-day will def. HELP!
    *consume 3-5 servings fruits/veggies per day
    *get in at least 90 minutes of cardio per week
    *do at least 15 mins of housework per day

That last one may sound very strange to some, but it is a real struggle for me as I really HATE housework and am easily overwhelmed by it. So, I thought the spring clean challenge would be an appropriate time to add in some other aspects to my "changing me" goals.

Ok, new haiku:

"Fond memories of
    Hidden Valley Ranch, where I
    last saw my waistline."

and one more:

"Seconds on the lips-
    and a lifetime on the hips,
    thighs, and upper arms."

Love that last one!

Can't wait to hear from the rest of you all. Here's to a new challenge :drinker: (water of course:wink: )
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Katie I love your last one. I'm the same way. You put housework on hold when both of us work full time and with 2 kids under 10 and 2 big dogs. I know I have been working on doing a little everyday to keep the house a little bit tidier(sp:blushing: )

I am going to put my measurements and stuff down, but I'm at work and they're at home. So I'll post more later.

Bye ladies.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Katie, this one cracked me up:
    "Fond memories of
    Hidden Valley Ranch, where I
    last saw my waistline."

GonnaBFit, congrats on an AM bootcamp. I cannot get up in the mornings so I work out during my lunch break. :wink:

I'm in. I need this. I will weigh in later and hope that I haven't slidden halfway back up the 160s. That 159 may have given up on me. We shall see this afternoon at the gym.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    YEA :bigsmile: lookie at everyone coming back.......:drinker:

since some of us didn't do so well on the last challenge, let's make it goal just to do it.
    katie....you did GREAT....look at you go. righ along with katy.... oh, it's a name thing isn't it? :wink:

i have been to the gym (1 1/2 hr) did a great workout. tummy a little sore, no biggie. had my new protein drink and yogurt. nothing planned for today.

back later....
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning my girls!!! Glad to see many of you on here already!!!

My goals for this challenge are:
    --Exercise at least 3 times per week
    --Get in ALL my water every day
    --Record all the food I eat
    --Gain no more than 3.5 pounds

Cathy
    EM:
    Connie
    AmyLou
    Deb
    SW 204.8 lbs / GW 194 / CW 204.8 lbs. Progress 0.0
    Katie
    Kristin
    SW 159.5 lbs/ GW 163 lbs/ CW 159.5 Progress 0 lbs

Here's what the plan is so far for today:

Breakfast
    Quaker - Honey Graham Oh's, 1 1/8 cup(s) 165
    Milk - Skim, 1 cup 80
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    Total breakfast 274

AM snacks
    Teddy Grahams - Graham Snacks - Honey, 24 pieces 160
    Market Pantry Chewy Granola Bar - Chewy Granola Bar- Smores, 1 bar 100
    Total AM snacks 260

Lunch
    Digiorno - Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza - Bacon Cheeseburger, 1/6 Pizza 310
    Carrots - Baby, 7 pieces 18
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Cheese Nips - Crackers - Cheddar, 17 crackers 150
    Total lunch 558

Afternoon snacks
    Grapes - Raw, 1 cup 62
    Total afternoon snacks 62 + probably another granola bar

Dinner
    Something with chicken...I am open to suggestions!:bigsmile:

PM snacks
    ???

Total: 1,154
    Your Daily Goal: 1,980
    Remaining: 826

I am SO excited to be starting this new challenge!! WE CAN DO IT LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Hey my lovely Sixers, so glad it's a new challenge.

Deb, Katie, I think it's great that you're using a points system for yourselves :smile: sounds like a great idea.

Cathy, let's get back in the game together!

Kristin, those sound like great goals! But remember to be easy on yourself in the gain department. As long as you're keeping your nutrition and exercise in check, you'll gain what you gain. :wink:

AmyLou, how are things with YOU??

Lauryn, great to see you again too!

Shanell, I think cleaning is something everyone battles with in some way. Either they don't do enough of it and suffer with the mess or they do too much of it and miss out on family. Balance is tough to achieve in that area sometimes!

Hi everyone else!

Well, I wasn't thinking about weighing in today and had a pretty salty day with not enough water so the weight is high but at least I *should* see a few of those lbs melt off this week. Good morale boost?? :laugh:

Haven't planned my day yet but I'm about to! I may also get back to the gym for the first time in over 3 weeks today :noway: :bigsmile:

Cathy
    EM:
    Connie
    AmyLou
    Deb
    SW 204.8 lbs / GW 194 / CW 204.8 lbs. Progress 0.0
    Katie
    Kristin
    SW 159.5 lbs/ GW 163 lbs/ CW 159.5 Progress 0 lbs
    Rhiannon
    SW177.6lbs / GW 167lbs / CW 177.6lbs Progress 0 lbs
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    May I join?
    My last weigh in put me at 211lbs (I won't have access to my scales until Thursday) and I'd like to be below 200 by the end. So that's 12lbs. A bit ambitious maybe, what with a wealth of birthdays (and with my friends and family, that's aka days of food and booze) but maybe this is what I need to stay on track over that time...