Intermittent fasting?

Options
Any tips on how it works for you and maybe suggestions to get back into this lifestyle change?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    works as in...??? IF is an eating schedule, not a diet. 2500 calories in an 8 hour window (or whatever your window is) is the same as 2500 cals in a 14 hr window. thermodynamics are not outruled
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I essentially eat two meals a day, it helps me with calorie intake.
  • Mazda_Mx5
    Mazda_Mx5 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 16:8
    Along with Ketos
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    It works making me not hungry even in a calorie deficit. That's about it.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Late evening where you have most of your calories; overnight during rest your body has plenty of nutrients to use and repair body, said that we burn more while at rest. Also working out the next morning with an empty stomach forces body to use fat stores as fuel. We have to sort of starve ourselves to force out the fats from their hiding places.

Wrongggggggggg
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Late evening where you have most of your calories; overnight during rest your body has plenty of nutrients to use and repair body, said that we burn more while at rest. Also working out the next morning with an empty stomach forces body to use fat stores as fuel. We have to sort of starve ourselves to force out the fats from their hiding places.

*facepalm*
  • johnslater461
    johnslater461 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Its not all wrong

Actually, yes it is all wrong. Every word of it.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

I really wish my fat would go find some place to hide instead of hanging out around my belly!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Search in Groups. You will see that there is an active "Intermittent Fasting" group.
  • sreekripa2002
    sreekripa2002 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am currently on 5:2. I eat normally(1450 -1600) 5 days a week and 500-550 2 days a week. It is difficult, but not impossible. On fasting days I eat 3 meals (veggies and egg white or oats with half a banana or blueberries) and 2 teas(green tea or fruit tea - which is 0 calorie).