Calling All Nerds!!

Options
Stowve
Stowve Posts: 3 Member
Hello All! I'm back, yet again, for a battle with my obesity. Currently in the process of a separation with my wife and am taking that as a sign it's time to put myself number one, learn to love myself, and get my *kitten* in shape.

I am a sarcastic, fun loving guy always on the search for movie and music recommendations and am looking to my nerd side for some help in getting my large self going. I am majorly into Star Wars, Star Trek, Skyrim, Lord of the Rings, various other video games and nerd things. I haven't had a nerd community around me in a while, and that is where I am most comfortable. If you fit the bill, drop me a message with your favorite nerdgasms and let's have ourselves some fun while losing weight.

Replies

• Chewbac7777
    Chewbac7777 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hmm not sure if I'm a compatible nerd, as the only thing on your list I check if LotR and video games. But if you want friendly motivation you can add me =)

Video games (as that covers soooo much these days): JRPG mainly, try to stick to turn based or light action (like Tale of series). also play a LOT of download games on BigFish these days. Also currently playing Final Fantasy 14...very slowly...lol
  • ellejpasssh
    ellejpasssh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fellow nerd 🤓 Newbie myself but we all want the same thing 😊 feel free to add me x
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’m a nerd/jock, does that count?

Love some video games and outdoor play.

My video game choices lean towards online multiplayer. SWTOR was one of my obsessions, The Secret World.
  • caitlinscarrott
    caitlinscarrott Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't look it but I have my nerd moments 😉 currently jamming Dying Light on PC, Skyrim & Fallout on PS, occasionally play LOL but not often because of the trolls... and love a good anime!
    Add me I'm happy to talk nerd and fitness 😁
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm in Germany, and yes, I'll proudly call myself a nerd. I love LOTR, Star Wars, the Star Trek universe (just not DS9), and reading fantasy (Brandon Sanderson is one of my favorites). I also love computer games (since I don't have any gaming console). My biggest obssession for years has been WoW. Feel free to add me, if you like.

Also, if you like LOTR, do you know the Walk to Mordor app? It's a great motivation to get moving!
  • findingmb
    findingmb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The geeks will inherit the earth!

Actually though.

I’m a board game and tolkein nerd - keen to be in the horde.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Oo yes Brandon Sanderson is an amazing author!

And board games, so amazing when my husband introduced me to tabletop gaming. We have so many that we are dedicating a room in our new house to them!
  • Imatrekkie
    Imatrekkie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm not much into video games, but you'd have to look awfully hard to find a more hard core Trekkie. Feel free to add me :)
  • clau9734
    clau9734 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Add me 😊
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek! Does that count!?
  • Morgue619
    Morgue619 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm nerdy/geeky as well! I love all different video games, manga, comics, anime, D&D, pathfinder, lord of the rings, star wars, and etc. :)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Stowve wrote: »
    Hello All! I'm back, yet again, for a battle with my obesity. Currently in the process of a separation with my wife and am taking that as a sign it's time to put myself number one, learn to love myself, and get my *kitten* in shape.

I am a sarcastic, fun loving guy always on the search for movie and music recommendations and am looking to my nerd side for some help in getting my large self going. I am majorly into Star Wars, Star Trek, Skyrim, Lord of the Rings, various other video games and nerd things. I haven't had a nerd community around me in a while, and that is where I am most comfortable. If you fit the bill, drop me a message with your favorite nerdgasms and let's have ourselves some fun while losing weight.

Welcome to MFP. From one nerd to another, you got this. It was a heck of a lifestyle change for me back in 2015, but still at it and I'm better off for it.
  • pilarslayer
    pilarslayer Posts: 234 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I am also a nerd. I play on the xbox one. I play halo, COD, overwatch, skyrim, as well as fortnite. I also love star wars and anime. I'm a big anime buff. yall can add me if you want.
  • Beaster_Bunny
    Beaster_Bunny Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Alright nerds, give me your lunch money!!!
  • BiblioKaren
    BiblioKaren Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sci-fi/fantasy novels and rpg video games here... Nerdy nerds are the best nerds.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Fan-fiction writer. Currently mostly doing OUAT fic, but I'm working on an Anne of Green Gables story for a fic-a-thon. Also into Batman and Daredevil.
  • Erinloveable
    Erinloveable Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Should I ask what your "kitten" is or am I better off not asking? Lol
  • johngburton
    johngburton Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm imagining a cat on a tiny little treadmill...