Have you ever met someone from this site in real life?

Options

Replies

• xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I am going to go see @Caporegiem this weekend and bring him some landscape help

Free child labor is the best labor.

Ftfy

I can't wait till mine gets older so I can reap the benefits of it.

It’s actually more work than it’s worth. Invest in a good cattle prod

And it doesn't get any easier the older they get...
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options

Ftfy

And whip. Make sure your threats are solid.

Cattle prods and whips, got it. Gonna be kinda strange not being at the receiving end of those for once.

So you can vouch for this method then? A lot of work up front ...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    The key is not to let them see you.
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Continue_My_Dear Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yes! It did not go as well as I hoped. We are no longer friends...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Yep. Only once though. Met at lunchtime and went on a hike together. Nice person.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Ftfy

And whip. Make sure your threats are solid.

Cattle prods and whips, got it. Gonna be kinda strange not being at the receiving end of those for once.

It’s okay, you can still wear your latex unitard
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I haven't formed any close friendships here but yeah after a year or two if I made a close friend I would meet up. I've met some good friends via different communities over the years and I'm still in contact with many of them.

I think you can learn a lot about someone online. It's rare to catfish for over a year without some kind of validation (call or video chat) at some point! You can also tell a lot about a person from their FB posts - if they have no internet history then avoid.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've met a few in person... and my husband is a member here as well, so like a few of you, I live with someone. :) AND I have a few friends in RL who decided to join up once they saw the site working for me. Most of them do not participate in the community, though.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    bufger wrote: »
    I haven't formed any close friendships here but yeah after a year or two if I made a close friend I would meet up. I've met some good friends via different communities over the years and I'm still in contact with many of them.

I think you can learn a lot about someone online. It's rare to catfish for over a year without some kind of validation (call or video chat) at some point! You can also tell a lot about a person from their FB posts - if they have no internet history then avoid.

What happens if they either have a common name OR have strict privacy settings? Avoid? And just curious why?
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    There are some that are on my Actively Planning to Meet list and quite a few more on my radar so that if I’m ever in their area I’ll see to it they get unbusy
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    There are some that are on my Actively Planning to Meet list and quite a few more on my radar so that if I’m ever in their area I’ll see to it they get unbusy

I'm sure I'm on some actively avoid lists

I think some of the people I’m Actively Planning to Meet have me on their Actively Avoid lists, so dis gon’ be fun
  • cee134
    Options

You're going to love the Pickled Pepper Restaurant when you come into town.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Better not be a spicy pepper
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I met @Chieflrg when I joined a new gym by my house. One of the best dudes I know!
  • Fit4Life_79
    Fit4Life_79 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Once, a few years ago. there are some good people on here I would definitely meet up with.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

I think some of the people I’m Actively Planning to Meet have me on their Actively Avoid lists, so dis gon’ be fun

When I was watching TV at the hospital, I saw this commercial a dozen times about a salt gun that you kill flies with. I want to shoot salt at you. I don't know why though.

https://youtu.be/md7zzW4C54w

Omg the screaming :joy:
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options

Hahah.. Whatever TJ. You are a stand up guy. I enjoyed meeting you! Wish we had longer to talk.

I have met 5 people so far. #6 will be @skctilidie in several days!

All have been pleasant, although I am no longer friends with 3 of them, by choice-not because of the meeting.
    Several more on my want to meet list.
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Better not be a spicy pepper

That's the whole point of the restaurant.

826o9om9axae.jpg