What are healthy breakfasts that are easy to make?

Options
Hello! I always struggle with the breakfast portion of my calorie intake a day because I either eat too much or too little and my day gets all messed up. What do you guys eat for breakfast?

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal with milk & protein powder (Steel cut Irish Oatmeal) or something with eggs, maybe eggs & greens, bacon & eggs, sometimes with rice or bread. You want a good dose of protein at breakfast
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Typically it's a boring banana and some oatmeal. It fills me up and leaves lots of calories for later.

What is your definition of healthy?
  • ecjim
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Typically it's a boring banana and some oatmeal. It fills me up and leaves lots of calories for later.

What is your definition of healthy?

I'm assuming healthy wouldn't include Krispy Kreme Donuts
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually my smallest meal of the day. Usually some oats and a V8 or scrambled or boiled eggs.
  • dani_lopera
    dani_lopera Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ecjim wrote: »
    I usually have oatmeal with milk & protein powder (Steel cut Irish Oatmeal) or something with eggs, maybe eggs & greens, bacon & eggs, sometimes with rice or bread. You want a good dose of protein at breakfast

You just inspired me to eat egg in the nest! I prefer salty foods more than sweets and a good combination of egg and toast always fills me up.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, toast with avocado, chocolate, and a pot of coffee.

If I'm less hungry (which is not often), I have some precooked chicken sausages that just need to be heated...almonds and a pot of coffee.
  • lhebert1969
    lhebert1969 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Usually just eggs, sometimes some sausage..
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have toast with peanut butter and jam with coffee. Almost every morning. If I don't have it I feel like it throws off my day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello! I always struggle with the breakfast portion of my calorie intake a day because I either eat too much or too little and my day gets all messed up.
    That's why it's smart to prelog, or at least plan your meals/day to some degree.

To your other questions - What do you guys eat for breakfast? and What are healthy breakfasts that are easy to make? - breakfast meals are breakfast meals because of tradition, not because they are important to eat at a certain time; a healthy diet is balanced and varied, and you can eat whatever you want for each meal. What you think is easy and tasty, can be vastly different from what I think is easy and tasty, so it's better that you just choose what you like to eat and to make.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Eggs, or egg whites, ham/turkey sausage or veggie sausage.
    OR Grits and fruit
    OR Yogurt and protein powder with fruit.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I make hashes that last a few days. Ground meat, roasted starch like squash or sweet potato, and whatever vegetables I have on hand. I eat it with eggs and a cup of tea.
  • ecjim
    Options

You just inspired me to eat egg in the nest! I prefer salty foods more than sweets and a good combination of egg and toast always fills me up.

what is egg in a nest?
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Egg cups mini omelets. Use a cupcake tin, spray with oil and fill with veggies. Pour in scrambled eggs. 1egg per cup.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    some of my go-to breakfasts:
    Just coffee
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas (I make a batch on the weekends and pop them in the microwave in the morning)
    Overnight oats
    Steel cut oats with fruit & protein powder
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle
    Fried egg and hummus on a toasted sandwich thin
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

what is egg in a nest?

Eggs cooked into a hole in a piece of bread. Very yummy.

egg-in-a-nest.jpg
  • ecjim
    Options
    Oh OK - Mom used to make those -I forget what we called them
  • dani_lopera
    Options

what is egg in a nest?

You cut a circle from a piece of bread, put it on a pan and in the hole you add an egg and let it cook. If you look up "egg in a nest breakfast" that is what i mean. I sometimes add avocado or ham and it taste really good.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    50gm of frozen berries, 225gm Greek yogurt, 25gm chocolate protein powder. I’ll make 6 at a time (size of the yogurts at Costco) and store in mason jars in the fridge for grab-and-go breakfasts or snacks.

I make huge batches of soup in my instant pot, and portion them out for a quick heat-and-eat meal, or to freeze for future quick meals. They often make a good and easy breakfast too.
  • dani_lopera
    Options
    some of my go-to breakfasts:
    Just coffee
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas (I make a batch on the weekends and pop them in the microwave in the morning)
    Overnight oats
    Steel cut oats with fruit & protein powder
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle
    Fried egg and hummus on a toasted sandwich thin

I will absolutely use your go to breakfasts considering they sound amazing. Thank you!
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have to eat while packing lunches and making sure the kid gets ready for school. So turkey sausage links, half a grapefruit, and usually some bar (Fiber One, Belvita) I can have in the car.