What are healthy breakfasts that are easy to make?

Options

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Most of the time: Oatmeal with chopped raisins, chopped dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and a small amount of sweetner (honey, or marmalade) with coffee

Occasionally scrambled eggs

Occasionally cereal with milk

Eating oatmeal keeps me fuller longer and I have great blood pressure and low cholesterol.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello! I always struggle with the breakfast portion of my calorie intake a day because I either eat too much or too little and my day gets all messed up. What do you guys eat for breakfast?

Oats with coconut oil & protein powder, I then pour some coconut greek yogurt 75g container on top of it and sprinkle with unsweetened shredded coconut. Yummy.

Milk w/protein powder & 1 serving of cinnamon toast crunch & 1 serving of Reese's Puffs cereal.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I liked overnight oats a lot when I was working 3 jobs. They saved me a ton of time in the morning.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the healthiest breakfast I could come up with. I love breakfast foods but not breakfast time lol
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Usually 2 eggs and a latte
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the healthiest breakfast I could come up with. I love breakfast foods but not breakfast time lol

Same here on breakfast foods but not breakfast time. PB on toast makes an appearance often. Usually it's a container of Greek yogurt, or maybe nothing.

Today I had an ice cream bar because it sounded good and I can fit it into my day, but I'm guessing that's not the kind of advice the OP is looking for :lol:
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    ecjim wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Typically it's a boring banana and some oatmeal. It fills me up and leaves lots of calories for later.

What is your definition of healthy?

I'm assuming healthy wouldn't include Krispy Kreme Donuts

If it fit calories, nothing wrong with a Krispy Kreme donut for breakfast.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I always have protein with my breakfast as it fills me up for the morning. Apart from the mandatory coffee, my usual is a breakfast sandwich with ham, cheese and egg.
  • cammiecane
    cammiecane Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I tend not to be too hungry in the mornings so I usually go with some kind of breakfast smoothie. It typically looks like this:
    - fruits of choice
    - Vanilla Greek yogurt - 1/2 - 1 serving
    - Liquid egg whites - 1-3 servings
    - Ice cubes

Sometimes I’ll add milk, juice, coconut milk or honey if I want something a little higher in calories. They’re very versatile in calories. Mine range from around 250-500 cals and have a good amount of protein in them (around 25g)
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast like a hobbit! I eat breakfast, second breakfast and then usually elevensies :D It's my hungriest time of day and it's not at all unusual for me to have 800 - 1000 calories before noon. Rarely is it traditional breakfast food though.

I have a smoothie with fruit, yogurt, protein powder and supplements at 4:30 before the gym. When I get to the office, I have second breakfast around 7:30. Today that was Greek salad with shrimp. Last week it was a sausage, egg and biscuit casserole. Then sometime between 10 and 11, I eat again. Today it was rice, baked chicken and veggie mix.

I prep all of the meals on Sundays, so whatever I'm having, it's packed up and ready to grab and go.
  • Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'll usually eat 2-3 eggs with an English muffin and some jam :)
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    2 eggs omelette or a pancake or oats
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    pancakes, eggs and 1 slice of bacon
    toast eggs and sausage
    egg white omelette with mushroom, onions, and peppers, with small grape tomatoes on side.
    always coffee
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    For the longest time, I ate a protein bar and an apple. I needed more calories though, so some recent variations-

1 bagel, 2 tbsp hummus, 2 oz turkey, and 2 hardboiled eggs
    protein shake (2 scoop protein, 4oz almond milk, 6 strawberries, spinach), Clif builder bar
    2 pieces of toast, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 hardboiled eggs
    1 bagel, 1/2 c cottage cheese, 1 veggie burger, 8 strawberries
  • amandalolson12
    amandalolson12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to struggle with breakfast all the time! Particularly, I'm a Canadian who moved to Australia and a lot of my favourite breakfast cereals aren't available here.

To help me loose weight, I needed to start eating breakfast regularly. Lucky for me I'm a creature of habit and so I eat the same thing 95% of mornings:

- 200 grams of homemade yoghurt (or regular plain yoghurt will do - I avoid Greek as the fat is too high, and low fat because the fat is too low --- also watch out for sugar contents)
    - 65 grams of frozen strawberries (your fruit of choice will do)
    - 25 grams of muslie (aka granola) --- find one that is most just oats and low in sugar

On Sunday nights I usually make myself 5 containers for the work week, as I won't do it early in the morning.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Usually 1/2 cup egg whites with veggies and 1/2 cup oatmeal. Or 1/2 cup egg whites and 1 ezekiel english muffin or 2 slices ezekiel bread. i like to press the whole thing together on the george foreman grill.
  • Kereru44
    Kereru44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of toast 40gms of cottage cheese or avo. Tomato. Spinach and a poach egg on top. Works out around 200ish calories.
  • Kereru44
    Kereru44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Something like thisuxtr3a7rc9be.jpg
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised how many of you have time to make eggs in the morning! That's usually my treat on the weekend. I start work at 7 and have breakfast there. I have no opportunity to heat anything, so overnight oats with fruit and nuts it is, Mo.-Fr.