bummed out

Options
Just a weight loss vent - so I have been literally working my booty off since January to lose weight. I have been feeling very confident for the first time in my life about the way that I look. My bubble was burst today when I was doing a lease with an elderly man (I manage apartments for elderly and disabled) Anyways, he asked me if I wanted a boy or a girl. I said well - while I am flattered that you think I am young enough to be pregnant , I am indeed not. And he said - "well, if your tummy wasn't so big people would not think you were having a baby. I mean seriously.....ouch. 😥

Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Who says something like that?!? I’m so sorry that happened to you. What a jerk.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    *kitten* gonna *kitten*.

I'm sorry he said that. I know how hurtful something like that can be.

Keep on working hard and feeling good. You are doing great :)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Older people always think everyone's fat! I remember my gramma always on my mom's tail to lose weight and my mom wasn't even that big :/ blow it off,he was out of line
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    What a turd. You look amazing.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I was once told you never ask a woman if she's pregnant unless you see the baby crowning :wink:

Anyways, I'd also assume he's losing his brain to mouth filter. Still, I can imagine how hurtful that must've been. But hey, you're doing your thing, so who really cares what some old *kitten* has to say? Don't let it get you down!