Locked Diary..Why?

Options

Replies

• New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I don’t want people to know my secrets of how to lose weight and lose more than me!🙈

Joking mine is open 😊 as said already, you shouldn’t care about what others say, if it works for you and your healthy do what you like 👍
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    For people here with a closed diary, why do you do it?

I do it because I have a very big fear I will be judged not only for the days that I eat too much but for the ones I eat too little too. Add to that, what I eat is pretty junky some days even if I make my cals

I find keeping my diary public to keep me honest and on the wagon. Plus I think it could help others to see how the people use the food diary to track their food intake.

I have yet to be judged on my diary. (MFP has a lot of nice people all with similar goals)But if it happens, I would not hesitate to report it and block the user.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I keep a locked diary. I don't have a reason why one way or the other, it's just simply a choice I made when I got the app. *shrug*
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have always had mine open. It is not the healthiest though. I am in the UK so sometimes it is helpful for other UK people to see what's on offer.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I am a private person. I feel the same way about someone looking over my shoulder and asking me what I'm eating...or reading.

For most people, they just have it set to closed by default.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Because it’s nobody’s business what I eat

AMEN!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Kandisn29 wrote: »
    The added accountability helps me, so I keep mine open. But to each their own.

I think if I opened mine it would help me make better choices,,hmm something I need to consider cuz right now I'm pretty embarrassed about my choices
  • Freedom1862
    Freedom1862 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I keep it closed so that the "evangelists" of all types don't make judgemental comments.

Oh i am the opposite. My diary is wide open and I dare somebody to make a judgement. They'll get deleted with the quickness lol! Luckily, my friends list is small and nothing but supportive.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    When i've had my diary open, I don't think I ever had anyone comment positively or negatively on my food choices. Admittedly, my friends list does tend to consist mostly of plant based people (or ex-plant based people at least) so negative evangelism directed at me would be sort of limited.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    It's nobody's business but my own.

I log only to keep track of my cals and I'm not seeking anyone's help or "approval" regarding what I eat.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My diary is too unorganized, half logged (I log meticulously, but not all on MFP), with weird food combinations and entries added for the sake of numbers, the entries of one day can span several days or vice versa. I tried "clean logging" for a while in order to open my diary to help people with ideas, but I found it too restrictive so I abandoned that experiment. I don't want my chaotic ways to be used against me in discussions and me having to explain how and why I do things on my diary derailing discussions.